AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Yugioh Zexal (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100458)

cohen 2011-01-08 11:17

Yugioh Zexal

Just thought to start a topic for Yugioh Zexal so in case you want to speculate or discuss Yugioh, why not do it here.

So far, 4kids hasn't announced anything yet, but I am sure at some point they will.

Amutox89 2011-01-08 13:42

you're kidding me... not another one -_- okay, I really loved the first original series and still do, but they need to just stop. GX was meh... but 5Ds is a mess. Just my opinion, but it kinda makes me scratch my head.

Sage Shinigami 2011-01-08 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amutox89 (Post 3428517)
you're kidding me... not another one -_- okay, I really loved the first original series and still do, but they need to just stop. GX was meh... but 5Ds is a mess. Just my opinion, but it kinda makes me scratch my head.

...What...seriously?

cohen 2011-01-08 17:05

5Ds is a mess in a sense that Yoshida is making a very odd and confusing story involving time travel. He is also heading Zexal. Expect such crazyness as well. And i mean that in a good way.

Duo Maxwell 2011-01-08 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amutox89 (Post 3428517)

As a TCG player, 5Ds is a best one to me, and original is the worst one in term of dueling. At least in 5Ds there isn't so much nonsense in the dueling strategy that I had a hard time avoid laughing out loud.

But they should stop making the game more complex, seriously.

cohen 2011-01-08 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3428993)
As a TCG player, 5Ds is a best one to me, and original is the worst one in term of dueling. At least in 5Ds there isn't so much nonsense in the dueling strategy that I had a hard time avoid laughing out loud.

Zexal will introduce a new type of monster, summoned by overlaying 2 monsters of the same level. It is called Exceed, and it introduces the Overlay concept. However, it is unknown if Synchros will be in Zexal.

http://dev.janime.eu/index.php?page=1068

BoxQueen 2011-01-08 19:19

Quote:

I second that. I just hope they aren't going to pull a new idea into the game... Synchros are great, but they tend to be a pain in the ass sometimes...

EDITED: Damn... another way to enter a game mechanics... Oh well

Duo Maxwell 2011-01-08 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohen (Post 3429018)
Zexal will introduce a new type of monster, summoned by overlaying 2 monsters of the same level. It is called Exceed, and it introduces the Overlay concept.

That's what I mean when I said they should stop making the game more complex than it already is.

And even if Zexal doesn't have Synchro, I'm pretty sure there is no way it will be excluded from the current TCG, so there will be more thing to remember on the field. I'm just glad that it can't be worse than remembering the number of counter (goddamn it you Venom/Alien/Spellcaster deck).

On the anime, well.....I'm not sure I'll like the new character designs, and I'm not talking about the hairs (Yugioh should get an award for the weirdest hair style design of all time).

cohen 2011-01-08 20:09

I like Yuma and Shark the most. Their designs seem really defined.

Just, look at my signature

Amutox89 2011-01-09 17:55

Quote:

that's my point. They just keep making it more and more complicated.

cohen 2011-01-09 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amutox89 (Post 3430628)
that's my point. They just keep making it more and more complicated.

These new mechanics aren't rocket science. If you know the rules of the game, you can quickly understand them. I myself can already understand how Exceed will work without even knowing the full amount of info. You need monsters of the same level, and you either put them on the same card space while placing the Exceed on top of the two, you you place the Exceed in the middle of the two, moving the two next to each other. The first option is the most likely.

Synchros are probably the easiest to learn, since it is all basic math combined with simple mechanics. If you can understand rituals, you got synchros.

It isn't complicated, it just expands the game. You can only do so much with one mechanic ruling the game. With more summoning mechanics, you can expand to greater heights.

Amutox89 2011-01-09 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohen (Post 3430683)
These new mechanics aren't rocket science.

I never said I couldn't understand. I can, but quite frankly I really don't care to. I think they're just dragging it out, and for me, that's why Yu-Gi-Oh has fallen flat.

cohen 2011-01-09 18:40

Fair enough. But, the card game experienced a big renaissance so to say once Synchros hit the game. Enough so that the game became the highest selling in America for a year, even above of Magic.

Von Himmel 2011-01-09 23:37

So...5D will end shortly ?
Quote:

Fair enough. But, the card game experienced a big renaissance so to say once Synchros hit the game
I agree, the synchro system is certainy creative and brings us a new type of gameplay in YGO cardgame.

Overlay system huh...? Wait, what ? So to use it, we need to put a monster on the top of another monster with the same level?

Duo Maxwell 2011-01-09 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohen (Post 3430683)
It isn't complicated, it just expands the game. You can only do so much with one mechanic ruling the game. With more summoning mechanics, you can expand to greater heights.

They actually make it more complicated. When Synchro came out, you need to use monsters on field to synchro summon a monster, now what? There is type that have to use monster on your hand, and there is type that's only usable when they are in your graveyard. Who guarantee that Exceed won't become more complicated than what it sounds?

And if you think the game hasn't complicated enough, try to anticipate the "missing the timing" rule in each of your game. Almost each of their new card has to have a ruling include so people can know which situation will work and which won't. Sometimes you don't even know such thing exists until you read the ruling for each card. Like, for example, card that active by "revealing" (Koa'ki Meiru archetype, at the top of my head) can't use it effect if somehow there is already an effect of revealing your hand already activated (Respect Play, where both players have to show their hand while playing). Now who would have thought about it?

Justice Knight 2011-01-10 00:51

when willl 5d end?? i gonna start watching from the last arc lol

OgodItsKanon 2011-01-10 01:49

Lol, what's next, card games on fighter planes? And what kind of ridiculous hair will our new characters have?

Hnn, does this mean that 5D's is ending soon? I think they're stretching the series out a bit too much, though...

SilverSyko 2011-01-10 02:11

Remember when this game used to be simple and the only rule about summoning high-level monsters was the tribute system, fusion or ritual methods? I miss those days. Never really liked the Synchro cards.

I haven't followed the anime since I was in elementary school (though I AM re-watching the original series for the sake of nostalgia), but I still collect the TCG cards once and a while, much to my dismay of being able to rarely find anything but 5D's booster packs anymore.

cohen 2011-01-10 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell (Post 3431121)
They actually make it more complicated. When Synchro came out, you need to use monsters on field to synchro summon a monster, now what? There is type that have to use monster on your hand, and there is type that's only usable when they are in your graveyard. Who guarantee that Exceed won't become more complicated than what it sounds?

And if you think the game hasn't complicated enough, try to anticipate the "missing the timing" rule in each of your game. Almost each of their new card has to have a ruling include so people can know which situation will work and which won't. Sometimes you don't even know such thing exists until you read the ruling for each card. Like, for example, card that active by "revealing" (Koa'ki Meiru archetype, at the top of my head) can't use it effect if somehow there is already an effect of revealing your hand already activated (Respect Play, where both players have to show their hand while playing). Now who would have thought about it?

I play the game, so it comes pretty natural. If you understand the game enough, it is like adding a new word to your vocabulary, it will come with time, but quickly enough. And there are rules with Koaki Meru that makes it all work out in the end.

The general idea of how Exceed Monsters will work is you will have a specific monster, and a monster with the same level on the field. You will then place the two on top of each other, and put an Exceed monster with the listed materials on top of the two. Pretty simple if you ask me. Duel Masters has a similar mechanic, as will Vanguard.

Duo Maxwell 2011-01-14 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohen (Post 3431991)
I play the game, so it comes pretty natural. If you understand the game enough, it is like adding a new word to your vocabulary, it will come with time, but quickly enough. And there are rules with Koaki Meru that makes it all work out in the end.

The general idea of how Exceed Monsters will work is you will have a specific monster, and a monster with the same level on the field. You will then place the two on top of each other, and put an Exceed monster with the listed materials on top of the two. Pretty simple if you ask me. Duel Masters has a similar mechanic, as will Vanguard.

I've been playing this game for 5 years, so obviously I must be familiar with it, but saying it's not complicated is a lie, honestly.

And you left out the quite important part of Exceed Monsters.

Quote:

•When an Excess Monster would be removed from the field by a card effect or by battle you can remove from play 1 Overlaid Monster on that card to prevent that Excess Monster from being removed. If an Excess Monster would be removed for a cost you cannot prevent that cost with Overlaid Monsters.
I'm pretty sure it won't be simple, when there are specific rules for each card. Tell me the game is not complicated after you tried to teach new people about the game.

Btw, what rule about Koa'ki you were talking about? I've never heard of it.

Lastly, being a TCG player, of course I'm looking forward to it, but I also take my step carefully about the new thing. Not all new things are better. Fans' reaction toward the new mechanic isn't positive either, or at least, worse than when they introduced Synchro Summon.