AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Amagami SS (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Amagami SS - Arc Comparison/Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96848)

Skyfall 2010-08-24 06:26

Amagami SS - Arc Comparison/Discussion

Welcome to Amagami SS - Arc Comparison/Discussion thread. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss the various arcs of Amagami SS as a whole. Things like your favorite arc, general composition of arcs, pacing, character interactions and relationship development, how the arcs stack up against each other, or just plain enjoyment you derived from each of them - all are examples of things that can be discussed here, along with anything else that becomes relevant when viewing Amagami's arcs as a whole.

Note: Please do not use this thread to discuss future arcs, only ones that have aired / are in the process of being aired.
Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.

Usual Thread Guidelines apply:
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

A l i 2010-08-24 12:13

Doesn't this thread have the same purpose as the character discussion? Kaoru arc is discussed in the Kaoru character discussion thread...etc.

masterwok 2010-08-24 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by A l i (Post 3208285)
Doesn't this thread have the same purpose as the character discussion? Kaoru arc is discussed in the Kaoru character discussion thread...etc.

This thread is about comparing the different arcs and discussing the arc as a whole. The other threads are about each character being played throughout the series.

Om Nerabdator 2010-08-24 23:49

Anyone know when the nanasaki arc will be on?

GundamZZ 2010-08-25 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by matty543 (Post 3209247)
Anyone know when the nanasaki arc will be on?

If you want the quote from the official announcement, it's here.
http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/amagami/chara/chara04.html

relentlessflame 2010-08-25 22:28

In order to clarify the purpose of the thread, I renamed it to "Arc Comparison/Discussion". Hopefully that helps point people in the right direction.

Hooves 2010-08-25 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by masterwok (Post 3209221)
This thread is about comparing the different arcs and discussing the arc as a whole. The other threads are about each character being played throughout the series.

So its mostly like this?

Haruka's Arc had an awkward start, but an amazing finisher
Kaoru's Arc had an amazing start, but an awkward finisher?

Bonta Kun 2010-08-26 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3211243)
So its mostly like this?

Haruka's Arc had an awkward start, but an amazing finisher
Kaoru's Arc had an amazing start, but an awkward finisher?

I wouldn't say Kaoru's arc had an awkward finish, more unfulfilling I guess, it just finished after the kissing in bed with a little dialouge to follow which I'd say was enough to finish up but no where near enough to make it great which it could have been.
And thank god that it was the fact they had to cut some stuff out which should be in the BD?

Well you really won't get much complaining about the arcs so far from me as I've bvery much liked how they have both gone.
Only some minor nit picky here and there but thats stuff that wouldn't really impact the story on how it goes.

Altho I'll say Kaoru's arc > Haruka's arc

Shadow5YA 2010-08-28 16:50

Kaoru's arc just lacked the proper epilogue that Haruka's arc had. After Kaoru mounted Junichi, I was hoping that we'd see it through Junichi's point of view, where he closes his eyes to sleep, then when he wakes up, he sees Kaoru again on top of him, but this time it's years later when they're in college or already married.

Qikz 2010-08-28 17:39

You know, I'm really wondering what Juinichi is going to do with Sae. In Haruka's ark, he got to lick/kiss the back of her knee which was hot, then in Kaoru's he kissed her bellybutton which was even hotter. I'm really wondering where they can go with Sae which won't make me faint due to blood loss. I can't wait to see what happens.

So far my favourite arc opening episode was Sae's (she was just so cute and Juinichi was really funny), I really liked Kaoru's arc as a whole and the ending of Haruka's was really good, but I get the feeling Sae is going to take the biscuit and go miles better than the rest.

Hooves 2010-08-28 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qikz (Post 3216077)
You know, I'm really wondering what Juinichi is going to do with Sae. In Haruka's ark, he got to lick/kiss the back of her knee which was hot, then in Kaoru's he kissed her bellybutton which was even hotter. I'm really wondering where they can go with Sae which won't make me faint due to blood loss. I can't wait to see what happens.

So far my favourite arc opening episode was Sae's (she was just so cute and Juinichi was really funny), I really liked Kaoru's arc as a whole and the ending of Haruka's was really good, but I get the feeling Sae is going to take the biscuit and go miles better than the rest.

Junichi and his awkward sense of wanting to kiss other spots instead of the lips and cheeks, you can probably imagine anywhere for Sae :heh:

Haruka's arc had a good finisher, Kaoru's arc had a good starter, so they will probably make Sae's arc a good all round ;)

Used Can 2010-08-28 18:02

It's hard to make a proper comparison, for me, at least. Before this anime started, I only knew about Kaoru, and no other character. So, she's the only one I had developed expectations for.

By the time the anime started, I had no idea about Haruka, but I liked her because she was direct and funny. Although I hated how she took a liking for him almost out of nowhere, but all the same, I have to take into account the kind of audience this story is directed to. I guess that was my only complain about that arc. I really liked Haruka and her English. Her arc was definitely fun to watch.

When Kaoru's arc started, I expected things to get a lot better since: 1) As I've already said, she was the only character I had heard about, 2) Her personality, as shown in Haruka's arc seemed fun, and 3) She's been the MC's friend for a while, and he seems to act a bit more natural and likeable when he's amongst friends (e.g. Kaoru and Rihoko). However, no matter how good things may have looked, I found her arc to be seriously boring. The whole deal with Kaoru's mother was completely uninteresting to me (not to mention slightly childish from Kaoru), and there was no resolution at all for this issue. The whole deal was merely a plot device to get them together.

As for Sae... I honestly expected this arc to suck completely, but it seems it may be fun... mainly because Miya and George Nakata.

DragoZERO 2010-08-28 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3216086)
Junichi and his awkward sense of wanting to kiss other spots instead of the lips and cheeks, you can probably imagine anywhere for Sae :heh:

I can't to see the places he kissed on the rest of the girls.

Quote:

Haruka's arc had a good finisher, Kaoru's arc had a good starter, so they will probably make Sae's arc a good all round ;)
Or she may have the better mid story. :heh:

I just wish they'd cut out part of or the whole ED sequence and give each arc a nice epilogue.

Hooves 2010-08-28 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3216386)
Or she may have the better mid story. :heh:

I just wish they'd cut out part of or the whole ED sequence and give each arc a nice epilogue.

That is probably true :p

I just wish they gave "Every" arc a future event of the relationships like in Haruka's arc.

DragoZERO 2010-08-29 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3216501)
That is probably true :p

I just wish they gave "Every" arc a future event of the relationships like in Haruka's arc.

Exactly. Kaoru's got a little jump since we can tell they look older, but we don't know any details.

ueXia 2010-08-29 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3217117)
Exactly. Kaoru's got a little jump since we can tell they look older, but we don't know any details.

Hehe actually it's just them taking a ride the next day.
You cant tell by Kaoru's clothes, by the way .. it's no spoiler at all.

aldw 2010-08-29 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Used Can (Post 3216114)
By the time the anime started, I had no idea about Haruka, but I liked her because she was direct and funny. Although I hated how she took a liking for him almost out of nowhere, but all the same, I have to take into account the kind of audience this story is directed to. I guess that was my only complain about that arc. I really liked Haruka and her English. Her arc was definitely fun to watch.

Having known girls like Haruka, they generally take an interest in guys like Junichi if they find them amusing/interesting in some form or another, of which in Junicihi's case she probably thought he had a cute quality. From personal experience it can be a bit confusing at times.

vedicardi 2010-08-29 19:42

aldw is pretty spot on with that one.

kk2extreme 2010-08-30 00:07

In terms of difficulty for getting the girl so far,

Haruka > Kaoru > Sae

Shiroth 2010-08-30 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3217117)

What ueXia said. :p

Though we'll be getting added material to Kaoru's ending once the DVD/Blu-ray is released, so i'm sure we'll be able to tell the difference there.