AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106087)

User68604 2011-08-06 20:06

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru [Manga]

Eita enters high school aiming for the National University School of Medicine. Because of his parents' divorce--and his goal--he shuns anything to do with romance or love. One day Masuzu, the school beauty with the silver hair, who's just returned to the country, enters his life in a most unexpected way. Chiwa, his childhood friend since elementary school, will not let this go without a fight.

Genres: Comedy Harem Romance School Life Shounen

-only two chapters out right now. i am loving it...

blitz1/2 2011-08-06 22:36

I bet most of you are grinning with Chiwa Saitou trolling the main guy again.

Westlo 2011-08-08 07:33

Was alright, will check for more once chapters 3+ are released.

Tom Bombadil 2011-08-08 08:27

Well, in case people don't know, the manga is adapted from a light novel of the same name.

Bonta Kun 2011-08-08 12:53

Pretty fun so far, the trolling was great.

Other than that, nothing really special that jumps out at me.

Just depends on how the romance is handled really.

Magin 2011-08-08 13:13

I'm loving this so far.. this is trolling at its best. Although the relationship between Eita and Masuzu in some ways remind me of of Araragi and Hitagi's from Bakemonogatari. This is definitely a series I'm going to follow (and I'm pretty much a sucker for silver-haired girls)

Mughi 2011-08-08 17:37

A fun romp with WAY too long a title. I'll have to see where this one goes...

Irenicus 2011-08-08 18:07

^That's just the Japanese way. It's also the Japanese way to conveniently shorten long titles and phrases, so it works out.

Are devious young ladies in season or something? :heh:

Guy is still just Light Novel Protagonist Guy so far. We'll see if he can become something more to keep my interest. Princess Mischief is fun and all but the novelty will wear off if he cannot bite back whatsoever.

But you know for a love-hating school idol looking for a simple solution she's putting an awful lot of effort trolling and teasing the main guy. As if she, oh I don't know, wants him to fall for her or something.

katsudon 2011-08-10 21:05

I'm surprised you guys are reading this one. thank you and enjoy chapter 3. :heh:

as for long titles, we just did Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! .. which is long... i shorten it to listen to papa

User68604 2011-08-10 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by katsudon (Post 3723795)
I'm surprised you guys are reading this one. thank you and enjoy chapter 3. :heh:

as for long titles, we just did Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! .. which is long... i shorten it to listen to papa

looking forward to it :D

Magin 2011-08-10 21:50

With regards to the title, I'm just shortening this one to Ore no Kanojo/ My Girlfriend

I know that the first part of this practically means My Girlfriend and Childhood friend, but I don't know what the last part translates to...

Lexxus 2011-08-10 22:48

I liked this manga. This gives me a change of pace for a while.

Xaturas 2011-08-10 23:05

Seems that manga artist is starting his work, couldn't find any other works by him, and his drawings still have a lot of white backgrounds.
Anyway, nice story to be frank, after 3 chapters it seems that it will a nice romance comedy to read in the meantime.
Btw are LN translated to english by someone?

katsudon 2011-08-11 01:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magin (Post 3723821)
With regards to the title, I'm just shortening this one to Ore no Kanojo/ My Girlfriend

I know that the first part of this practically means My Girlfriend and Childhood friend, but I don't know what the last part translates to...

It's 'Caught in the carnage between my girlfriend and my childhood friend'
carnage could be replaced with mayhem or the scene of a battlefield.

the older meaning of Shuraba is a battlefield where the gods Asura and Śakra meet and have epic battles. It now used frequently in anime and manga to mean battlefield, carnage, mayhem or scene of a battlefield.

it looks like every chapter will have the world shuraba in it.

Kunagisa 2011-08-12 18:00

The most important for you people reading this, is to understand the meaning of 修羅場 (shuraba) if you don't know already. Best misused term in Japanese entertainment history (just to add to katsudon's explanation, I think the closest English translation is Harem War With The Main Caught In the Middle and Getting Screwed).

Merilyn Mensola 2011-08-17 08:26

My girlfriend is start to read this..seems to be a good manga
The girl with silver hairs...i like her personality..:D
the war..is start soon...:D

User68604 2011-08-17 09:03

was chapter 3 released? ... i cant find it on any readers

Merilyn Mensola 2011-08-17 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by recover (Post 3731795)
was chapter 3 released? ... i cant find it on any readers

yes...i find this..watch you private message...;)

So...The girl silver hairs..love the color black....hahahaha.... chapter 3...is nice..

Magin 2011-08-17 14:13

Chapter 3... again, more win. It also definitely proves the name of this manga...

and now I have to wait again for ch.4 (I assume this is monthly)

User68604 2011-08-18 07:25

alot of potential with this one..... altho i dont really like the main hero that much...it is a shonen series neways, so im sure he'll develop some day.