AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   (L) Berserk Film Trilogy (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97855)

bahamut zero 2010-09-28 10:58

Berserk Film Trilogy

Quote:

The wraparound jacket band on the 35th volume of Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga is announcing this month that a new anime project is launching. More information will be provided in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine and the affiliated Young Animal Web site.

The manga has been running in Young Animal since 1989. Oriental Light and Magic and VAP already adapted the story into a 25-episode television anime series from 1997 to 1998, and Media Blasters released this earlier anime in North America. Dark Horse Comics and Digital Manga Publishing are publishing the 34th manga volume this month. Dark Horse Comics describes the manga as the following:

His name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken of only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned — and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death … or vengeance.

[Via Earl.Box, raito-kun, AICN Anime]

Update: More background information added.

Update: A television commercial narrated by singer, actor, and well-known Berserk fan Gackt will promote the release of the 35th manga volume. Four versions of the commercial will run from Wednesday, September 29 to October 3. The official website will re-open after a revamp on Tuesday at about 9:30 a.m. with the television commercial and a separate, web-only commercial. In addition, an official Twitter account, "Berserk_project," has launched. Source: Comic Natalie

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ject-launching
So development hell froze over I guess?

Kunagisa 2010-09-28 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamut zero (Post 3269565)
So development hell froze over I guess?

Not that extreme yet. If Doom Nuke Forever being released in Q4 of 2012, I would consider hell froze over.

Jokes aside, I am surprised they decide to do another anime. Manga is going at an epic slower than snail pace. I could've sworn that there were couple of chapters somewhere with just many double spreads and 0 dialogue. Either way, I still like the series. I was guessing this would be an ova random than a full season, but looking at the updates and the amount of PVs they will be broadcasting maybe this will be a full season.

Wonder if the infamous horse scene will be on screen =O.

Tiberium Wolf 2010-09-28 12:07

Will it be a reboot making it closer to the manga than the previous series?

Used Can 2010-09-28 12:17

Hopefully, they'll take off from where the previous anime ended. As much as I love the Eclipse, once is enough and I want to watch the rest.

Now, I'll be waiting for my Blame! and Vinland Saga anime adaptations... Suuuure...

Jarmel 2010-09-28 12:19

It is 4C but supposedly full CG.

What the fuck. The screens from last year was animated.

http://twitter.com/raito_kun/status/25795148788

https://twitter.com/LawofGreen/status/25774166931

bahamut zero 2010-09-28 12:37

Full CG can be quiet good, the PS2 Game looked really beautiful

Kanon 2010-09-28 12:38

Full CG? What? Dear god, I hope not.

Anyhow, my guess is that this new anime project is a movie (or several movies) or OVAs. That would be the best for Berserk.

ZODDGUTS 2010-09-28 13:03

Real or fake...

Spoiler for promo images from trailer?:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...5695494040.jpg

Jarmel 2010-09-28 13:06

That looks like the fight before the Eclipse so it would be a remake. But what about the CG news?

Registered Member 2010-09-28 13:51

The first commercial is viewable here for those interested.

Edge Meltdown 2010-09-28 14:30

If nobutoshi hayashi resume his role as guts then I'm sold.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing the Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc and farnese (My ojou-sama) animated... iirc this arc is where all the cult orgy happened, right?

ChainLegacy 2010-09-28 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3269712)
Anyhow, my guess is that this new anime project is a movie (or several movies) or OVAs. That would be the best for Berserk.

Why? They still have a ton of material left to cover. Unless you're saying for production quality purposes.

Either way this is awesome. I hope we'll be seeing this relatively soon, it is one anime I can't wait for. Oh and regarding it being a reboot, I hope not. The commercial doesn't say much because even though that scene was present in the original anime it was towards the end of the series if I remember correctly.

Jarmel 2010-09-28 14:42

Looks 2D and a complete remake to me. Now the question is whether they are going to follow the Brotherhood model or not.

Edit:Now that somebody mentioned it, the armor looks somewhat CG on Grif and Guts.

ChainLegacy 2010-09-28 14:46

What's making you think it will be a complete remake? Just from that commercial? It's probably too early to know, but I hope not. The first anime, while not perfect, covered the intro arc very well, it is time we move into the demon sagas imo (I don't know any of the real names, haven't been keeping up with the manga for 2-3 years now).

Jarmel 2010-09-28 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChainLegacy (Post 3269918)
What's making you think it will be a complete remake? Just from that commercial? It's probably too early to know, but I hope not. The first anime, while not perfect, covered the intro arc very well, it is time we move into the demon sagas imo (I don't know any of the real names, haven't been keeping up with the manga for 2-3 years now).

It's the fight from when Guts leave the Hawks.

Kanon 2010-09-28 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChainLegacy (Post 3269894)
Why? They still have a ton of material left to cover. Unless you're saying for production quality purposes.

The latter. There is no way to TV series - especially a long-running one - could do justice to the manga art. And while they have plenty of material left to cover, they will run out of it at some point. The manga isn't going to end anytime soon, as in, not even in this decade. We're at the point where I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see the ending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel (Post 3269928)
It's the fight from when Guts leave the Hawks.

That could easily be a flashback. The first part of the PV is from volume 20 something since Griffith's got his pimp armor and Guts his prosthetic arm. I already know exactly which scene it is, and it wouldn't be weird for a flashback to be included there.

Jarmel 2010-09-28 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3269941)
The latter. There is no way to TV series - especially a long-running one - could do justice to the manga art. And while they have plenty of material left to cover, they will run out of it at some point. The manga isn't going to end anytime soon, as in, not even in this decade. We're at the point where I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see the ending.

That could easily be a flashback. The first part of the PV is from volume 20 something since Griffith's got his pimp armor and Guts his prosthetic arm. I already know exactly which scene it is, and it wouldn't be weird for a flashback to be included there.

They specifically showed this scene of all possible scenes to show. Now it could either be because it's symbolic or it's because it's a complete remake. Chances are the 2nd especially since they need to change some stuff in the first series such as Puck and the Skull Knight.

Arabesque 2010-09-28 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel (Post 3269959)
Chances are the 2nd especially since they need to change some stuff in the first series such as Puck and the Skull Knight.

Which is why, if this project does end up as a TV series, I hope they go with the remake than a continuation of the previous anime. Without the Knight, the escape from the Eclipse will become one grandiose Deus ex machina.

That being said, I'm not sure I'll be able to stomach watching Eclipse unfolds for a second time ...

Iron Maw 2010-09-28 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3269626)
Not that extreme yet. If Doom Nuke Forever being released in Q4 of 2012, I would consider hell froze over.

Jokes aside, I am surprised they decide to do another anime. Manga is going at an epic slower than snail pace. I could've sworn that there were couple of chapters somewhere with just many double spreads and 0 dialogue. Either way, I still like the series. I was guessing this would be an ova random than a full season, but looking at the updates and the amount of PVs they will be broadcasting maybe this will be a full season.

Wonder if the infamous horse scene will be on screen =O.

To be fair the manga's pacing wouldn't be that bad if didn't come every 5-6 months with little more than 25 pages per chapter. =/

But anyway more Berserk is always a good thing.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel (Post 3269959)
Chances are the 2nd especially since they need to change some stuff in the first series such as Puck and the Skull Knight.

Not to mention Sliat, and the 4 Assassins who become much more relevant as the series goes on.

Irkalla 2010-09-28 17:33

Lol, Griffith looks like a gurl, like more than usually. Love it.