AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Must See Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69950)

Harimo Haria 2008-08-12 00:33

Must See Anime

Well, I've always felt like some anime's deserve to be placed under the category of "must-see". Myself, after finishing a great anime, I'd want to share it with the world. I just think to myself, damn, that was amazing. Something worth re watching and re watching and still preserving a sense of entertainment. Any anime cross your mind while reading that? Please share yours. Of course, I know that what I like or my tastes might not be yours but, share what you feel are great in your opinion.

A couple that I can think of in no particular order:

Air TV
Death Note
Spoiler for Don't click here until you've watched it.:

Clannad
Code Geass
School Rumble

9mmx19 2008-08-12 00:37

These come to mind immediately:

Yakitate!! Japan
Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor
Claymore
Kenshin

Arkuatic 2008-08-12 06:06

like 0mmx19 said rurouni kenshin: trust x betrayal/seishouhen-awesome anime plot/action
Chrno Crusade-though the story is a bit unique it has strong character development and a touching ending
Full Metal Alchemist-definitely one of the most epic animes out there, great plot, great twists, and great character development, though the ending/movie wasnt so satisfying imo
Hantsuki-if someone was cursed(somewhat) to die at any moment, would you still love them?
Monster- though the series is a bit long, it shows how a person's situation can change but never the good in them
Fate/Stay Night-tosses in the fantasy, teeny bits of romance, and a heartfelt ending
Shingetsutan Tsukihime-similar to Fate/S N, since they are both from the same creators
Shinigami no ballad-Momo is a shinigami, though her occupation brings sorrow, she herself brings comfort
Sola-somewhat must see, some what not, though it was a good series it wasn't anything compared to OVAs like Trust and Betrayal
Utawarerumono- One stranger enters a village, becomes the elder, and soon, leads an empire
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzuimya-Most popular anime, hard to miss for the comedy and characters
True Tears-a truely remarkable love triangle

-KarumA- 2008-08-13 10:07

how can you guys make a list and not add Neon Genesis Evangelion in it >:(

Full Metal Panic deserves to be on the list as well allong with the following
Rahxephon
Azumanga
Gundam Wing
Kanon
Fruits Basket
Inuyasha, or atleased some of it
FLCL
Tenchi Muyou

Gibli films as well

Kuya 2008-08-14 00:27

Rosario + Vampire

FMP Fumuffo = Pretty Cool

Ai Yori Aoshi (This anime was kinda unique cause most of the animes Ive seen that has the same theme has weak male protag or a geek protag or a stupid protag but this has a normal male protag not a geek neither weak nor stupid)

Ermes Marana 2008-08-14 02:33

Must see by anyone:

Full Metal Panic

Azumanga Daioh

Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Future Boy Conan

Monster

Rurouni Kenshin

lolxman 2008-08-14 05:54

No one mention TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN. It holds the record for the biggest mech ever, universal-galatic size.(mid you i like yoko too.) The amount of GAR is so much that girl's body will turn man overnight due to the testerone rush ; WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I AM ? ... I'm a nobody...

EdenB 2008-08-14 18:50

Ones that I'd put under must see are:

Kanon (either version),
Love Hina,
Chobits,
Card Captor Sakura,
Ranma 1/2,
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (first and second series anyway, third is great too but not up to 'Must See' standards),
Sakura Wars,
Sailor Moon,
Naruto (which turns bad but up until a point it's a must see),
Angelic Layer,
Hayate no Gotoku,
.hack//SIGN,
Slayers,
Onegai Teacher.

Autumn Demon 2008-08-14 19:25

the only anime i would label as "must see" after watching 150+ different anime is Hunter X Hunter.

9mmx19 2008-08-14 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn Demon (Post 1804780)
the only anime i would label as "must see" after watching 150+ different anime is Hunter X Hunter.

Wow. Thats quite a statement. Maybe I should check that out.

anime ronin 2008-08-23 21:52

must see school days cuz thers nuthin else out their like it

AceD 2008-08-23 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by anime ronin (Post 1830512)
must see school days cuz thers nuthin else out their like it

id agree with this, its the best ''school'' anime for sure

personaly i think hunter x hunter is ....well awefull to be polite, but i guess everyone likes different things :p

SNT 2008-08-25 10:44

I can see some huuuugeee lists from some of u, I didn't expect that, but here goes mine (i've watched over 70 until now):
1. Elfen Lied
2. Spice and Wolf (and the light novels are a "must read" :p)
3. Hantsuki
4. Death Note
5. Code Geass (both s1 & s2)
6. Higurashi (definitely)
7. Vandread (unique in my opinion ;))
They all received from me 9 or 10 and I don't give good marks easily...

andromeda0201 2008-08-25 11:25

Heres some of mine...
Juuni Kokki - IMO one of the best historical fantasy out there, also with great character development with one of the best female leads to be created
Crest/Banner of the stars - if you love sci-fic space operas, you'll love this, good story, intelligent dialogue, bittersweet romance....
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic - should be watched just for Sagara Sousuke alone, Fumoffu is already epic in every way
Hikaru no Go - i'm still surprised why an anime thats plainly about Go totally hooked me from beginning to end
Ouran High School Host Club - a very well done shoujo anime
Kaleido Star - awesome circus performances, the final scene was totally beautiful
Baccano - very impressed how they managed to make only a 13 episode anime so memorable when they had about 10 characters to concentrate on

LeoXiao 2008-08-25 13:43

Why has nobody mentioned Ghost in the Shell yet? It's like the most deep anime ever.

1. Ghost in the Shell (series+movies)
2. Monster
3. Death Note (probably the most well-done anime I've ever seen)
4. Full Metal panic: Fumoffu (funniest anime I've ever seen)
5. NGE

These are what I'd consider "must-see."

DmonHiro 2008-08-25 13:55

1.Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - for the GAR
2. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (all series) - for the "befriending"
3. s-CRY-ed - for the battles
4. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (both series) - for the insanity
5.Air, Kanon & Clannad - for the drama

Aeris DJ 2008-08-25 20:03

1. Baccano!
2. Death Note
3. Elfen Lied
4. Ghost in the shell
5. FLCL
6. Vision of Escaflowne
You shouldn't leave old school out, watch macross, and if you really must choose one of Hayao Miyazaki's movies then go for Nausicaä of the valley of the wind. I would add Lupin the third, but that's a personal old school favorite.

n0sk1llz 2008-08-25 21:38

From my favorite to least favorite, Top 10:

1. Air (See my avatar and sig :p It made me cry more than bit, I guess I'm just really emotional)
2. Kanon (Liked this much better than Clannad, and I recommend TV 2)
3. Clannad (I love every anime that Key has produced, Clannad is definitely not a bad series)
4. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (First anime that I've watched, very lovable)
5. Hayate no Gotoku (Epic luls if you watch a lot of anime)
6. Da Capo (Love the facial expressions, kind of a repetitive storyline from other school romance animes, though)
7. Black Lagoon (Not my type of anime, but I liked it)
8. Death Note (Not a bad series, not my type also)
9. Gintama (Has good humor)
10. Love Hina (Not my favorite comedy/romance, but it's fun)

And I plan on watching School Days, seems good, and I'm thinking about getting the PC version when the translation comes out.

Razoul 2008-08-25 22:21

Hajime no Ippo should definitely be on the list. I didn't think i would like a boxing anime but it really surprised me how much I enjoyed it. I also got all my friends hooked on it too. Juuni Kokki and Tenjou Tenge would make the list too if they ever finished the darn things. Both of those animes could have been so great if they would not have stopped so early. School days....was really odd but in a good way. Very unique I have to agree. Myself Yourself was another odd but really good one.

Summary
Must see
Hajime no Ippo

Good
Tenjou Tenge
Grappler Baki
Juuni Kokki
School Days
Myself Yourself

finalfantasyfanatic 2008-08-26 00:48

Martian Successor Nadesico --> Why!? Why is there no sequel to this? Prince of Darkness wasn't worth the watch.
Gurren Lagann --> Loved it, great show to watch if your only just getting into super robots
Full Metal Panic --> I liked that semi-realistic approach to the show
Zegapain --> Somewhat Matrix like, great story, just VERY under rated. Plus the ending is a little rushed and the robots aren't that likeable but if you don't care too much about those aspects it's a good watch.
Brave Series --> Good, light hearted shows to watch for fun.

If your into real/super robot series, some good ones to check out are New Gaiking and Aim for the Top! Gunbuster/Diebuster.