AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   School-life romance?? gimme gimme! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47619)

Korean_boi 2007-05-15 20:49

School-life romance?? gimme gimme!

Hey, just couldnt feed my addiction with just any kind of romance/comedy/drama anime

but you know what? i get a kick out of school life/romance anime series

something like school rumble( kind of subtle on the romace part)
suzuka would def fall in that category, shuffle! would be in that category too, but something like suzuka would be awesome.

any good anime series that take place in school?

i want those school-life/romance suggestions!

posting anything helpful below would be much appreciated :p

archanfels 2007-05-15 21:07

Hayate the Combat Butler (Hayate no Gotoku)

Seto no Hanayume

Both are new series (started last month) based on on-going manga titles.

Both are bit blurry on the school-life part (Hayate starts as a butler, and Seto is bit Yakuza theme related), but there are the school-life elements. And both DEFINITELY fit the comedy/romance requirement.

Give them a try I'd say.

gomez999 2007-05-15 21:44

Maburaho - romance/magic/school-life/comedy

canvas 2 - romance/drama/school life/comedy

Green Green - comedy/romance/drama/school life

capture 2007-05-16 00:29

Honey and Clover ---> Honey and Clover 2 ~ maybe one of the best....
Bokura ga Ita ~ Nice Story, Nice Overall.....
Hana Yori Dango ~ a bit old but it's still nice....
Kare Kano ~ One of my fave school/romance anime

Monkeypaw 2007-05-16 01:05

I second
Kare Kano

If ur gonna watch "Hana Yori Dango" watch the live version either.. Meteor Garden/the Japanese one

suzuka is a pretty rare type of anime: serious romance w/ sports theme i mean most romance animes are comedies... maybe bokura ga ita but I don't like the girl's voice annoys me

anyways try...
Tokimeki Memorial ~Only love (subs are taking way too long)

johnthesifu 2007-05-16 08:16

These are based in school..looking at what youve mentioned these might be to your tastes. :)

Yumeria
To heart 2
Lamune
tokimeki memorial -only love-

Korean_boi 2007-05-16 14:20

aha, thks guys, im off to download :)

Potatochobit 2007-05-16 15:59

dont forget manabi straight and lucky star which are ongoing

holyman282 2007-05-17 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatochobit (Post 949194)
dont forget manabi straight and lucky star which are ongoing

not really romance.... just school life...

Korean_boi 2007-05-17 08:27

i like ur avatar :D

well, i finished shuffle and shuffle memories, which is like the same exact thing except alot shorter and a bit different on the last 2 episodes

mdauben 2007-05-17 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Korean_boi (Post 948061)
Hey, just couldnt feed my addiction with just any kind of romance/comedy/drama anime

There are of course lots and lots of school-life/romantic comedies (it's a staple of the genre, after all!). You've already got some good recomendtaions of older and finished series. A few good ones that are currently running are:

Nodame Cantabile - A cool, talented, motivated and rather arogant college music student named Chiaki meets his total opposite, a goofy, sloppy, and totally un-motavated girl name Nodame. One of the best "odd-couples" in anime, a hilarious show with some really great music (if you like classicals). This one sort of reverses the typical anime roles of the tsunde girl and clueless guy.

Lovely Complex - This is something of another odd-couple, in this case a short guy and taller girl in the same class in highschool. They are constantly bickering (earning themselves a reputation as a "comdey duo" in their class), but they are actually well matched (except for height!) and everyone around them seems to wonder when they will realize it. More very funny stuff!

Hayate the Combat Butler - This is maybe more comedy than romance (at least so far) but the main female character is in love with the main male character (although he does not seem to realize it). Lots of funny situations and "otaku" in-jokes.

Korean_boi 2007-05-17 16:16

anything series with a majority of it being romance? i really wish suzuka extened it like the manga

comixA 2007-05-18 10:45

i know this oldie..(sob), that makes me feel kind of old :upset: kimagure orange road...another is mxo , there now that doesn't sound so old, right :p ?

Korean_boi 2007-05-18 17:51

ah thx for the additional suggestions guys.

just finished tokimeki memorial

end kinda sucked. the series wasn't what i expected it to be. anything more down to earth? i dont kno why but i keep wanting to use suzuka as an example. i guess it's the perfect exmaple of what kind of anime series im looking for. but other than that

keep posting! im just about downloading every single suggestion u guys are making!

my hd has about 400gb left

help me fill this massive 1tb hd!!! so i can tell my friends... HEY I HAVE 1TB OF ANIME YOU DON'T. though is that a good thing?

it's a good thing...not sure about being healthy :P

nikooru-chan 2007-05-18 20:16

hm...u could try
fruits basket-it's kinda school life and it's pretty funny too!
bokura ga ita- it's like the perfect school-life romance...the ups and downs of the relationships are included too
full moon wo sagashite-kinda...more comedy though
aishiteruze baby- kinda...it's really funny too

Korean_boi 2007-05-18 21:41

ill download bokura ga ita sounds like my kind of anime.

oraf 2007-05-18 21:55

D.C ~Da Capo~ (magic/school-life/romance)
D.C ~Da Capo~ second season
Happy Lesson TV - (One guy. Five girls. One roof)
Happy Lesson Advance
full metal panic: fumoffu (no romance here. but it's a good slice of comedy)

Korean_boi 2007-05-18 22:24

i think ill download happy lesson

i don't really like the old kind of art work on bokura ga ita

nikooru-chan 2007-05-19 08:05

you could also try Princess Princess
but it really isn't romance...it's just really funny!

manta 2007-05-21 00:52

You want something really serious? and All about More on romance a little comedy?

Is Pure(you might want to see the plot 1st it's going to be interested if you read it!)
WARning: This animes has a little Nudity(accindentally seeing girls panties and boobies)
Boys Be(really Serious romance! a little comedy ofcourse)

Both are really really high quality animes
I can even give you the site where you can watch it for free?
It's at full length you don't have to buy it you know.
PM me if your interested.

I'm telling you! this you will like is Pure if your more on Sissyness(romance),comedy, horny-ness lol
You stupidos are not searching hard You HAve to SEARCH for yourselves.