AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Working!! / Wagnaria!! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=84973)

Midonin 2010-02-19 12:04

Looks like the series will be having the first episode airing early March as well. Long as it has the OP and ED with it, this is in no way a bad thing.

NinjaYali 2010-02-20 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSam (Post 2569569)
The seinen manga Working!! by Takatsu Karino will be getting a TV anime adaptation.

Working!!

Official anime site:
http://www.wagnaria.com/

The manga is serialized in the seinen manga magazine Young GanGan.
Currently there are 6 volumes released of the manga.

Covers:

Mangaka: Takatsu Karino

Young GanGan's page for the manga:
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazin...ction/working/

Genre: Seinen, Comedy

So a restaurant slice of life with moe girl character designs?

Well hopefully good will come out of it. If the Japanese went on a guitar spending spree after watching K-on and little girls began starting to learn how to make cake maybe this will inspire the hikikomoris to say get a job in a restaurant as a waiter instead of watching people in cartoons do stuff.

I'm still wondering if the JSDF recruitment numbers have gone up since Sora no Woto lol.:heh:

And who knows? Maybe one day they'll have a moe slice of life communist revolution that will inspire susceptible otakus to join the Japanese Communist Party.;)

Joojoobees 2010-02-21 11:13

While comedy isn't my favorite genre, I am looking forward to this as a show about people "working". Funny that it comes in the same season as Mayoi Neko Overrun!, which also looks te be about hijinks in a restaurant.

Kanon 2010-02-21 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyouray (Post 2923141)
Jun's trailer is up and we've also a new CM spot.

I was a bit surprised when I first saw him, he reminds a lot of Sanji from One Piece. The hair, the smoking, the occupation... he's just missing the weird eyebrow :heh:

wingman32x 2010-02-23 13:29

Never read the manga, but I like the premise and the character designs. I'll probably end up watching the anime first.

Bea Rabbit 2010-02-25 12:47

the characters and seiyuus are promising. definately watch this!

Midonin 2010-03-03 22:48

Found an airdate. The show will be airing 4/4 on Tokyo MX. Part of the Sunday rotation.

Midonin 2010-03-05 07:34

Yachiyo, a combination of two of my favorite things. Chicks with swords and Eri Kitamura. (Not the first time such a combo has happened either.)

darkchibi07 2010-03-06 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 2944413)
Yachiyo, a combination of two of my favorite things. Chicks with swords and Eri Kitamura. (Not the first time such a combo has happened either.)

I also heard she's pretty gay.

Midonin 2010-03-06 10:20

Why would I object to that?

darkchibi07 2010-03-06 10:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 2946087)
Why would I object to that?

I just thought you would like to add a third favorite thing! :D

sirn 2010-03-06 10:30

Just watched the episode 1 pre-broadcast. The animation is really, really good. Pacing is a bit off at times, but overall very fun. Look forward to the actual broadcasting!

Midonin 2010-03-06 11:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkchibi07 (Post 2946088)
I just thought you would like to add a third favorite thing! :D

That I will.

wingman32x 2010-03-06 14:56

Took a peek at the RAW. I can't understand japanese, but the animation did look decent and I've taken a liking to a few of the characters already. Can't wait for the subbed version.

serenade_beta 2010-03-06 16:56

Spoiler for ep1:

Roardel 2010-03-06 19:41

Nice comedy. I like it.
It's not so brilliant, but I'll give a chance to this series.

Kaoru Chujo 2010-03-06 23:47

Actually, I thought it was brilliant. Really, really funny, with a dry, loopy humor that sets it apart. As unique as Baka to Test or Seitokai no Ichizon, in its own way. Had me laughing out loud.

I had just read some of the comic and found it hilarious. I felt the anime started slowly -- but it hit its stride and started loping along well, after a while. The rhythm of no rhythm, lol. Hard to make it flow, since it comes from a 4-panel comic strip.

Excellent work from Fukuyama Jun as the lead guy. And I enjoyed Asumi Kana as the little senpai more than I've ever enjoyed her before. Ono Daisuke and Kamiya Hiroshi beautifully deadpan in the background.

And I liked the bright look and nice character design and animation. I hope it can keep this up.

Bonta Kun 2010-03-07 00:40

Well I liked it alot, true enough it doesn't really have much to it but in it's own right, still very good.
Whether it can be as good as Baka To Test or Seitokai no Ichizon will have to see.

Taneshima is soooooooooo :love:

and wtf Sanji's twin?!:eyespin::heh:

Ketro 2010-03-07 01:00

Im definitely liking this anime. Hilarity, interesting characters, and Jun Fukuyama as the lead with a cute loli. Can't wait for 4/4 :D

Master Assassin 2010-03-07 01:57

Just gotten to the first ep.

It's kinda... uh, "normal"; as in a bit flat (no, not that kind of flat) yet isn't too boring, but somehow makes me think they are saving some stuff for later. Which doesn't give a perfect a-OK on me for a first impression, but had a kind of appeal that just makes me want to see where everything is heading.

I think Ryoko's a pretty interesting character. For me, at least... :rolleyes: