AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kami nomi/TWGOK (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Kami nomi/TWGOK - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98488)

Kairin 2010-10-23 06:57

Kami nomi/TWGOK - Requests for new threads

Since the Kami nomi/TWGOK forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Kami nomi/TWGOK thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

Arabesque 2010-10-23 07:10

Requesting an individual manga thread for Chapter 118, and a Reference Index & Inquires thread (the series is loaded with allusions going from galge to American shows to music, so a thread to collect them and asking about them would be good imo)

milan kyuubi 2010-10-23 07:23

How about 'Fanfiction thread'?

Spoiler for OP:

Pellissier 2010-10-23 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabesque (Post 3311266)
Requesting an individual manga thread for Chapter 118

I really don't see the need for separate manga chapters, especially now that with the subforum the manga thread can go back to its sole function of discussing the manga.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabesque (Post 3311266)
and a Reference Index & Inquires thread (the series is loaded with allusions going from galge to American shows to music, so a thread to collect them and asking about them would be good imo)

No objections to this. Please make a nice introductory post, to be used as opening of the new thread you intend to create, and we'll turn it into a brand new discussion. :)

Gundam Meister 2010-10-23 07:57

What about a character discussion thread for

Spoiler for character not appeared yet:

MeoTwister5 2010-10-23 08:03

They haven't appeared yet, and there's a good chance the last two might not even make their appearance this season.

Pellissier 2010-10-23 08:16

Character threads are only for characters properly appeared and introduced in the anime.

Clarste 2010-10-23 09:05

How about an anime/manga comparison thread? I understand that there were a lot of posts about that in the anime thread, but we don't really want them in the manga thread either, especially if we're not going to bother with individual chapter threads (which is a good idea).

So basically we'll have the manga thread for talking about the latest chapters and another thread to talk about the anime from a manga reader perspective.

risingstar3110 2010-10-23 09:14

How's about doing that in "Kami nomi/TWGOK - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced TWGOKers only)"? Otherwise i don't know what is that thread for...

Pellissier 2010-10-23 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarste (Post 3311390)
So basically we'll have the manga thread for talking about the latest chapters and another thread to talk about the anime from a manga reader perspective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risingstar3110 (Post 3311400)
How's about doing that in "Kami nomi/TWGOK - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced TWGOKers only)"? Otherwise i don't know what is that thread for...

Correct answer. The "Kami nomi/TWGOK - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced TWGOKers only)" is the actual place for spoilers venting, comparisons between anime and manga, or what you expect the manga to do next. More or less the things that are forbidden in other threads.

This way, as said before, the manga thread remains "clean", and is only used for manga discussion.

Xacual 2010-10-23 14:48

I don't really think the individual girls like Mio or Ayumi need topics. They have very few appearances outside their own arcs and they only really start appearing way way past where the anime will get to.

Maybe a more general topic for the "Captured" girls?

Westlo 2010-10-23 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3311809)
I don't really think the individual girls like Mio or Ayumi need topics. They have very few appearances outside their own arcs and they only really start appearing way way past where the anime will get to.

Exactly, no need for them to have a thread. Only characters who should have an individual thread are Keima, Elsie and maybe one other who should get introduced during the anime that starts with H.

Arabesque 2010-10-23 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pellissier (Post 3311278)
I really don't see the need for separate manga chapters, especially now that with the subforum the manga thread can go back to its sole function of discussing the manga.

My reasoning is that an individual manga thread would not only help with filtering the manga discussion and keeping the sub forum alive during the break/end of anime, but also provide more organisation for posters to find spoilers/latest discussions for current/future chapters, instead of going through the (rather large) genral manga thread.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pellissier (Post 3311278)
No objections to this. Please make a nice introductory post, to be used as opening of the new thread you intend to create, and we'll turn it into a brand new discussion. :)

Sure thing :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3311809)

I think that, irregardless of how frequent they appear outside of their arcs, they still deserve their own threads solely because they had an arc focused on them(unlike the side characters) so we get to learn more about them as a result (It's a bit like how the Amagami SS char threads are handled).

And anyway, a general char thread would suffice more.

Kotohono 2010-10-23 16:18

Since this is the first (Crunchyroll) series I've seen get a subforum, on the basis of this thread shouldn't there be a similar to the sticky thread in other sub-forums "X series is licensed", saying "TWGOK is on CrunchyRoll", or something to state that asking or posting link to fansubs of the series is againist the rules?, So that people will have been warned.

Because now that it's a sub-forum the (CR) tag off the generic discussion is gone, so no way to show it is a (CR) series, and having a (CR) on ever thread seems like it would be less effective than a sticky.

Arabesque 2010-10-23 16:23

Actually, Durarara!! was also streamed on CR and had sub forums here, but they didn't make anything of that sort on it, so I don' think it's needed.

Kotohono 2010-10-23 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabesque (Post 3311876)
Actually, Durarara!! was also streamed on CR and had sub forums here, but they didn't make anything of that sort on it, so I don' think it's needed.

The policy was changed as animesuki use to allow fansubs of (CR) series and list the torrents of them and during Durarara!!'s time they did allow it; however now that is not the case as mentioned in the linked thread, hence my asking shouldn't there be one?

risingstar3110 2010-10-23 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 3311831)
Exactly, no need for them to have a thread. Only characters who should have an individual thread are Keima, Elsie and maybe one other who should get introduced during the anime that starts with H.

I understand your point. But until the end of S1, we probably will have only 7 characters at most anyway. With at least 4 of them definitely need a thread for their own (i suspect 5 actually). So maybe we can just keep it up until S2 to see how it's going

And i suspect next girl arc gonna have quite a number of posts

relentlessflame 2010-10-23 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konakaga (Post 3311883)
The policy was changed as animesuki use to allow fansubs of (CR) series and list the torrents of them and during Durarara!!'s time they did allow it; however now that is not the case as mentioned in the linked thread, hence my asking shouldn't there be one?

To be honest, you've inadvertently stumbled upon something of a "black hole" in our current policy. It's technically not "licensed" and our policy is still that we "would" list legit fansubs for streaming shows, but in this case the torrents were removed based on Crunchyroll's request so we are technically treating it as if it were licensed. I've created a new sticky post to help explain this.

Kaos! 2010-11-05 05:18

Wrong Thread><

English Otaku 2010-12-23 17:59

Favorite character discussion thread.
A thread for discussion and debate of favorite characters in the anime/manga.