AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L+CR) Mekaku City Actors (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114138)

MisaoFan 2012-08-13 13:22

Mekaku City Actors

Original creator : Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)
Plot summary : The story focuses on a boy named Hibiya who lost his girlfriend Hiyori to a traffic accident. His desire to save her sets him on a looping day where he gets the opportunity to try and save his girlfriend again and again without success. After innumerable attempts, Hibiya makes the decision to save Hiyori at the cost of his life, and ends up getting killed in the accident instead. The girl is saved... but now she's the one who's performing the looping day in order to save him...

Note : Jin garnered a fan following with Kagerō (Heat Mirage) Project music videos performed by virtual Vocaloid voices and posted on the niconico (formerly Nico Nico Douga) streaming service, such as "Kagerō Days" and "Children Record". The Kagerō Project already has novel and manga adaptations under the name of one of the songs, "Kagerō Days." They are set in August, when the air is alive with the buzzing of cicada and the shimmering of heat mirages. An "incident" in a certain town is seen through the eyes of different people.

Mod Edit:

To go to the Mekaku City /Kagerou Project music videos go here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125533

To go to the Mekaku City novel/ manga Kagerou Days go here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121821

Kirito 2012-08-13 13:29

Interesting art. Is this an original anime project or an actual adaptation based off the manga and light novel media? Looks cool though.

MisaoFan 2012-08-13 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirito (Post 4303533)
Interesting art. Is this an original anime project or an actual adaptation based off the manga and light novel media? Looks cool though.

Just like Black Rock Shooter, the show itself is actually based on a series of music videos created by Vocaloid fans that were uploaded mostly on Nico Nico Douga.

LoweGear 2012-08-13 13:48

Wait... "incident"? Kagerou Days?

They can't possibly be thinking of adapting THIS into the story of the anime won't they?

Spoiler for Summary/Interpretation:

... damn, my heart nearly couldn't take the story for that one, too heartbreaking. Seeing an anime version would be overkill :(

Bila 2012-08-13 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4303561)
Wait... "incident"? Kagerou Days?

They can't possibly be thinking of adapting THIS into the story of the anime won't they?

Spoiler for Summary:

... damn, my heart nearly couldn't take the story for that one, too heartbreaking. Seeing an anime version would be overkill :(

They will probably adapt Kagerou Series, which is a series of songs created by Jin.
But Kagerou Days is a part of the series.
So, yes, Kagerou Days will be adapted. I think

Spoiler for Songs:

Kirito 2012-08-13 14:14

Really cool. This has really peeked my interests, I'm definitely going to watch this and see where this goes. As a vocaloid fan I'm sure this will be handled well depending on who picks this up.

Quote:

Just like Black Rock Shooter, the show itself is actually based on a series of music videos created by Vocaloid fans that were uploaded mostly on Nico Nico Douga.
I see, got it, thanks Misaofan. Black Rock Shooter was a..., really?! Wow, you really do learn new things everyday.:eyespin:

totoum 2012-08-13 14:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirito (Post 4303591)
Black Rock Shooter was a..., really?! Wow, you really do learn new things everyday.:eyespin:

BRS is originally created by huke and the only relationship with vocaloid is that supercell did a song using Miku,but that's it.

Shiina 2012-08-13 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 4303623)
BRS is originally created by huke and the only relationship with vocaloid is that supercell did a song using Miku,but that's it.

Still a very important relationship since the song+PV was what made BRS so popular in the first place.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of anime this'll be. I listened to Kagerou Days a while back and loved it, but never thought it would spawn so many derivative works. Now to check out all the other songs in the project... (although some of them don't seem to have as clear of a "story" as Kagerou Days does?)

saurers123 2012-08-13 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4303524)

Original creator : Jin (Shizen no Teki-P)
Plot summary : The story focuses on a boy named Shintarō who lost his girlfriend Ayano to a traffic accident. His desire to save her sets him on a looping day where he gets the opportunity to try and save his girlfriend again and again without success. After innumerable attempts, Shintarō makes the decision to save Ayano at the cost of his life, and ends up getting killed in the accident instead. The girl is saved... but now she's the one who's performing the looping day in order to save him...

Ummm......It's Hibiya(boy) and Hiyori(girl) in the traffic accident. Shintaro is the main protagonist of the story though...

shmaster 2012-08-13 17:33

A little error in the discription, Hiyori is the one who is dying on purpose first to to save Hibiya.
But Hibiya, unknowing of this fact, is trying to prevent Hiyori from dying.

BTW, the first volume novel of this is out. And from the way volume one ended, "Konoha no Sekai Jijou" might be the central pole of the novel.

Also, the Kagerou Days PV posted up there is not the original, but a fan interpretation.
Original is this one: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15751190

Meepy 2012-08-13 19:09

/logs on for this pffft.

Actually? Wow.
I mean, I was just wondering if Kagerou Project would ever get an anime some day. . . Surprised; will most certainly check it out even though I'm not a huge fan of Jin's songs (took forever for Kagerou Days to grow on me, only kind of like Mousou Forest of his other songs, still need to check out his latest lol).

Besides that, I thought Kagerou Project was about much more than just the characters/story featured in Kagerou Days?
I'm not sure, though, I never really looked anything up despite being curious about the light novel. I heard somethings secondhand.

Well, I suppose now would be a good time to listen to his mylist again.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-08-14 00:59

Wait...THIS is getting animated? Interesting...

leokiko 2012-08-14 01:06

The premise is extremely interesting, I will keep an eye out for this.

trinitem 2012-08-14 02:21

Woo hoo!!!! I never actually expected the day to come. Manga and a light novel were surprising enough, but wow.

I'll be excitedly waiting the animation of imagination forest.

ronelm2000 2012-08-17 08:23

Kagerou Project is itself a wierd series of songs for me. I mean...

...for once how did Hibiya and Hiyori avert the loop? Did the Actor end it? When does Kisaragi Attention, Artificial Enemy, and Imagination Forest occur?

A good anime would be a nice treat indeed.

...and now the question is When?

Cosmic Eagle 2012-09-08 07:51

BTW, this isn't Fall season anime right?

MisaoFan 2012-09-08 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4341462)
BTW, this isn't Fall season anime right?

Nope. I wish it will air on noitaminA to replace Psycho-Pass but I'm not sure.

ahelo 2012-09-08 08:27

Extremely interesting and unlike BRS (the video), there's a concrete plot setup here that if utilized properly, can create lots of opportunities. Definitely pumped up for this (whenever it airs).

Marcus H. 2012-09-08 08:40

I think the most epic Vocaloid-related song compilation that should be adapted would be the Seven Deadly Sins series.

ronelm2000 2012-09-29 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus H. (Post 4341522)
I think the most epic Vocaloid-related song compilation that should be adapted would be the Seven Deadly Sins series.

You're not trying to screw our heads, right? :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4341499)
Nope. I wish it will air on noitaminA to replace Psycho-Pass but I'm not sure.

*cross fingers* I hope we'll be seeing it in Winter / Spring.

Speaking of stuff, translated versions of the Kagerou Days Manga (chap 1 - 3) is circulating in the net.... and apparently, the arrangement of it is going to be...

1. Artificial Enemy
2. Kisaragi Attention
3. Blindfold Code
--Speculation Line :: beyond this is mere speculation--
4. Imagination Forest
5. Kagerou Days
6. Konoha's State of the World
7. Headphone Actor (could be #5 though)

8. (Conclusion?)