AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Chapter 521 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99764)

james0246 2010-12-15 02:42

[Manga] Chapter 521 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Some spoilers out...

Quote:

-Kabuto continues to explain Edo Tensei to Madara. He jokingly explaisn that the only downside to the technique is the fact that the user can isntantly become more famous than even Madara :). Pressing for more details, Madara demands to know how to end the technique. Kabuto explains that killing him will not end the technique, but controlling him will. He even gives Madara the seal sequence needed to end the technique (that only Kabuto can use).

-As they drift apart, Kabuto thinks to himself that as long as he has Edo Tensei and the "other" jutsu, he will be invincible. He then remarks that hsi true plan is to uncover the orginal Rikudou-Sennin's mind/power.

-Madara though, has already set-up his counter-measures. As Kabuto departs, B-Zetsu appears, informing the masked shinobi that W.Zetsu spores ahve been placed on Kabuto.

-Random encounter time: Haku sees Sai’s birds; Neji and Kiba’s team meet; Kitsuchi and Kurotsuchi use some Earth jutsus; A bunch of white Zetsu emerge from the ground and fight Neji/Kiba’s team…

-Cut to Sai in the air. Noticing that it has gotten colder, he turns around and sees Haku ready to kill him :); coming to the ground again, Sai is then almost killed by Zabuza, but Kakashi steps in. They wax nostalgic…

-Random info that makes little sense: Something about Kabuto and Anko (he leaves her behind?); and then something about Zabuza’s movements when jutsu are used (?)…

Frenchie 2010-12-15 07:53

Ohana's spoilers are out.

Spoiler:

ronin myael 2010-12-15 07:57

kakashi versus zabuza again? i've already seen that before. *sighs*

oh well, at least i might get to see neji fight again.

Luminion Lancer 2010-12-15 09:40

-Zabuza vs. Kakashi huh? How nostalgic. This looks very promising since this is very reminiscent of the "Golden Age" of Naruto. But it looks like Neji's reunion with father dearest will have to wait.

Kyero Fox 2010-12-15 10:19

god please dont let anko die -_-

Kafriel 2010-12-15 12:31

Quote:

Zetsu's spores are on Kabuto (I don't think Kabuto is aware).
Anyone else think Zetsu is gonna try and one-up Madara while using a Kabuto pawn?

james0246 2010-12-15 12:36

Updated info concerning Kabuto's conversation with Madara:

Quote:

-Kabuto continues to explain Edo Tensei to Madara. He jokingly explaisn that the only downside to the technique is the fact that the user can isntantly become more famous than even Madara :). Pressing for more details, Madara demands to know how to end the technique. Kabuto explains that killing him will not end the technique, but controlling him will. He even gives Madara the seal sequence needed to end the technique (that only Kabuto can use).

-As they drift apart, Kabuto thinks to himself that as long as he has Edo Tensei and the "other" jutsu, he will be invincible. He then remarks that hsi true plan is to uncover the orginal Rikudou-Sennin's mind/power.

-Madara though, has already set-up his counter-measures. As Kabuto departs, B-Zetsu appears, informing the masked shinobi that W.Zetsu spores ahve been placed on Kabuto.

DarkHollowIchigo 2010-12-15 13:00

Yaay, Zabuza vs. Kakashi

xPresagio 2010-12-15 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 3392877)
He even gives Madara the seal sequence needed to end the technique (that only Kabuto can use).

-As they drift apart, Kabuto thinks to himself that as long as he has Edo Tensei and the "other" jutsu, he will be invincible.

Come on, now...

Orochimaru failed due to an extremely misplaced over-confidence with Sasuke (He never prepared a counter against Sharingan, even though he -of all people-, should know almost everything about how it works, plus had already been a victim of its effects in the past).

So now Kabuto (whom always seems to plan ahead) is so sure of his victory than don't care about stating the main weakness of Edo Tensei or how to nullify it? And if his new target is Madara.. -and if feels he can defeat him- why accepting all these impositions in the first place?

Finally, it seems that Kabuto is not yet aware that Love no jutsu > Edo Tensei.

._

Extra: It's interesting that Kabuto needs cells compatible with the Curse Seal. Wonder why he never went directly to the source...

Also, I won't be surprised of all these jutsu are explained thanks to "Yin/Yang" type of chakra. After all, Kakashi never ended that explanation. And it would fit with what Naruto is learning...

Sabaku Kyu 2010-12-15 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by xPresagio (Post 3393046)

So now Kabuto (whom always seems to plan ahead) is so sure of his victory than don't care about stating the main weakness of Edo Tensei or how to nullify it? And if his new target is Madara.. -and if feels he can defeat him- why accepting all these impositions in the first place?

Finally, it seems that Kabuto is not yet aware that Love no jutsu > Edo Tensei.

I think Kabuto's trying to lull Madara into a sense of security. Telling Madara all Edo Tensei's weakness is like rolling over and showing his belly. He thinks if he can convince Madara that he has nothing to hide and his loyalty's legit he'll eventually drop his guard.

Madara's not buying it.

james0246 2010-12-15 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 3393080)
I think Kabuto's trying to lull Madara into a sense of security. Telling Madara all Edo Tensei's weakness is like rolling over and showing his belly. He thinks if he can convince Madara that he has nothing to hide and his loyalty's legit he'll eventually drop his guard.

Madara's not buying it.

Then again, Madara isn't directly acting yet either so something is staying his hand (considering Kabuto point blank told him that he could be killed without harming the Edo Tensei force already active), even if it is just curiosity over what Kabuto wants. So, whatever the case, Madara's inaction could still lead to Kabuto's success.

xPresagio 2010-12-15 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 3393080)
I think Kabuto's trying to lull Madara into a sense of security.

Right, and I'm interested in see how that goes.
But wouldn't be kind of obvious to assume that Madara would never buy it?

Smart villains only play their cards when they know "something" about their enemies that can turn the game's fate when needed. And it's clear that Kabuto has such "ace".

But I was assuming that such winning card involved some convoluted hidden plan. But Kabuto is now playing dangerous waters by showing how Edo Tensei can be defeated. And the spoilers seems to imply that he truly believes that can defeat Madara. If so, why not go for it already?

Madara's forces are now confronting the Alliance. So Madara "apparently" only has main Zetsu as backup. Unless of course, Kabuto still needs to absorb/do something else to acquire his final form. :D

._

Sabaku Kyu 2010-12-15 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 3393089)
Then again, Madara isn't directly acting yet either so something is staying his hand (considering Kabuto point blank told him that he could be killed without harming the Edo Tensei force already active), even if it is just curiosity over what Kabuto wants. So, whatever the case, Madara's inaction could still lead to Kabuto's success.

That and whatever Kabuto showed him in the coffin is probably what's keeping Madara from killing him right now. Definitely a game of chess unfolding with those two.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xPresagio (Post 3393132)
But I was assuming that such winning card involved some convoluted hidden plan. But Kabuto is now playing dangerous waters by showing how Edo Tensei can be defeated. And the spoilers seems to imply that he truly believes that can defeat Madara. If so, why not go for it already?

Kabuto doesn't believe he can win against Madara yet. Madara demanded to know everything about Edo Tensei and said if Kabuto refused, he'd best prepare to fight. Kabuto decided that he couldn't win a fight with him. That's why he told Madara about the jutsu. The entire alliance already knows everything about the jutsu anyway, so Madara hasn't found out anything that isn't common knowledge.

He's cooperating with Madara as much as he has to without giving away his true plans, but Madara's suspicions are never satisfied no matter how much Kabuto tells him. Madara's not giving him an inch, and that's what's dangerous for Kabuto.

Kotengu 2010-12-15 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 3393212)
Kabuto doesn't believe he can win against Madara yet. Madara demanded to know everything about Edo Tensei and said if Kabuto refused, he'd best prepare to fight. Kabuto decided that he couldn't win a fight with him. That's why he told Madara about the jutsu. The entire alliance already knows everything about the jutsu anyway, so Madara hasn't found out anything that isn't common knowledge.

He's cooperating with Madara as much as he has to without giving away his true plans, but Madara's suspicions are never satisfied no matter how much Kabuto tells him. Madara's not giving him an inch, and that's what's dangerous for Kabuto.

I agree that Madara isn't trusting Kabuto, and for me, thats the first thing Kishi has done right with his character so far. Madara doesn't need to trust Kabuto, so Kabuto trying to get Madara to trust him would be pointless (IMO). The things in bold you stated as fact, but it's extrapolation. Kabuto never said "I can't win against Madara" nor did he "Decide" that he couldn't win a confrontation. I'm not really expecting deep and meaningful plot and conversations at this point after seeing what Kishi has done so far, but I still like to base my assumptions on fact.

I'm really looking forward to how long Kabuto can hold out in Madara's presence before he gets what he wants (and slithers away), or is forced out or into some kind of corner.

Freya 2010-12-15 20:00

I'm hoping for an all out Kabuto vs Madara fight.

Sabaku Kyu 2010-12-15 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotengu (Post 3393266)
Kabuto never said"I can't win against Madara" nor did he "Decide" that he couldn't win a confrontation. I'm not really expecting deep and meaningful plot and conversations at this point after seeing what Kishi has done so far, but I still like to base my assumptions on fact.

Last chapter, Kabuto stated that he'd be in trouble if he had to fight Rinnegan and even has to remind himself to keep his cool. At the very least, he was nervous about having to fight Madara at that moment, but it's strongly implied he's no match for him now, but has plans to deal with him later.

King Lycan 2010-12-15 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freya (Post 3393431)
I'm hoping for an all out Kabuto vs Madara fight.

Maybe Kabuto will be the one to defeat Madara, and absorb is body and become the main antagonist :heh:

Freya 2010-12-15 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Lycan (Post 3393535)
Maybe Kabuto will be the one to defeat Madara, and absorb is body and become the main antagonist :heh:

I hope that doesn't happen. That'd be lame imo

Looks like Anko was key for Kabuto to make the zombies even more powerful/aggressive?

Chapter is out btw..

Fran~ 2010-12-15 21:47

Gotta love Neji and Hinata's combo attack...

Shiryuu 2010-12-15 21:48

Kabuto specifically stated he wanted to learn the secret of the six paths. He's confident he can win probably, but just doesn't want to lose his chance to get it from the only living six paths.