AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Naruto Chapter 654 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122774)

james0246 2013-11-06 01:30

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 654 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers might be out. Stuff'll probably happen, and maybe things'll occur. But maybe not. Does it matter? Here's Naruto.

ranchan13 2013-11-06 01:58

Have to say it.....
Boring chapter.
I just read this shit last chapter.

Oh well, at least all the tailed beasts are free of Cry-me-a-river-bito. Is he dead yet? Please say he's dead. I am so tired of Obito. Kill him already and get back to our regularly scheduled manga, please?

Johnny 2013-11-06 02:02

The ultimate tug of war and Obito ends up in the mud...

james0246 2013-11-06 02:08

So it turns out Naruto is now an unparalleled expert in genjutsu. Cool.

And the two pages (double spread) of dump faces was great. Go Alliance, shit all over Obito!

Ulquiorra 2013-11-06 02:21

Tug of war no jutsu. The most powerful jutsu in the land.

Everything else was meh. I can tell most of the fandom is sick of Obito and wants him gone. Unfortunately, Kishi is not done with him until he accepts Naruto as his savior, admits his wrongdoing, and hopefully then joins preteen Rin in the afterlife. Hopefully Madara then takes over as the Big Bad.

I am starting to think Kishi sees Obito x Rin as a tragic love story. That is sad in so many ways. And people want this guy writing romance and couples?

Eleutheria 2013-11-06 02:33

Naruto continues to be a kick-ass social worker who gets what he wants through mental trickery.

Tchadnis 2013-11-06 02:47

again it was all for Rin , Rin , always Rin , obito is just a kid that never grew up

Aesthetic Shampoo 2013-11-06 03:55

ugh...how far this manga has fallen, huh.

Jehuty 2013-11-06 04:10

Well.

This chapter was pretty terrible. By contrast, Bleach pretty much rocked my socks off with the new reveal.

Is this how we're playing the game? Are we alternating good / bad manga episodes?

Cookie-Monster 2013-11-06 04:41

Not sure why so many people are annoyed talk-no-jutsu worked on Obito. Seemed pretty clear from very early on (ie during his first face reveal) that he was ripe for flipping.

I agree that things should get more interesting if Madara now gets on the scene in a big way.

I'm hoping he has more secrets/stories that he will reveal, convincing Sasuke and orochimaru to join him. (probably some hidden sob story of uchiha betrayal). It seemed as if his abrupt/random decision to suddenly ignore the 1st's peace treaty (even after he had agreed to it) was based on some side-story that we hadn't been told.

On a side note: what happens with the other bijuu now that they are freed ? (during this fight I mean). Do they fight on their own, or is Naruto about to turn into the sage? I don't see how madara can recapture them again.

Kenu 2013-11-06 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4898518)
So it turns out Naruto is now an unparalleled expert in genjutsu. Cool.

And the two pages (double spread) of dump faces was great. Go Alliance, shit all over Obito!

Exactly what I was thinking. Naruto got a genjutsu power up without any training. Truly a genius ninja and not the hard working type (Rock Lee).

Double-page spread of dump faces.. LOL..

HasuMasu 2013-11-06 05:55

I liked the chapter: it was better than last week.

~Yami~ 2013-11-06 06:44

this is worst....

Obito is the most pathetic villain I ever saw in Shonen Jump

well, I think Naruto's nakama genjutsu is better than tug of war no jutsu :heh:
He's saying Rin's name countless times, then Obito got delusion.... then *poof* he lost

I really hope Madara will stab Obito right now, absorbed all the bijuu... then continue the moon plan

Ushio the Omega 2013-11-06 06:54

In Shueisha HQ

Kishimoto "Please let me end Naruto"

Shueisha "NO! not until another manga manages to sell 1 million copies a volume replaces it"

Kishimoto "But I've been dragging Naruto out for 2 YEARS!"

Shueisha "And you'll continue to drag it out till a replacement is ready!"

Kishimoto "Sob, But I'm so bored of Naruto"

Shueisha "Tough"

A typical meeting between Kishimoto and Shueisha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 4898717)
this is worst....

well, I think Naruto's nakama genjutsu is better than tug of war no jutsu :heh:
He's saying Rin's name countless times, then Obito got delusion.... then *poof* he lost

I really hope Madara will stab Obito right now, absorbed all the bijuu... then continue the moon plan

I really don't just end the damn thing. Madara had his shot and got pawned over and over again by Hashirama a final big bad who did nothing but lose his entire life is not a threat.

animeisinteresting 2013-11-06 07:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Yami~ (Post 4898717)
this is worst....

worse than emosuke?

Kenu 2013-11-06 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by animeisinteresting (Post 4898736)
worse than emosuke?

The whole Uchiha line is pathetic.. with the exception of Itachi perhaps.

GDB 2013-11-06 10:33

But it's not their fault. Their eyes emit emo juice into their brains!

ranchan13 2013-11-06 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4898942)
But it's not their fault. Their eyes emit emo juice into their brains!

Mark my words, it will happen. There will be an Uchiha who becomes so emo, his wrists cut themselves, in combat, which is, incidentally, the key to his more powerful jutsu called "I angst no jutsu."

GDB 2013-11-06 10:55

So you're saying Hidan was an Uchiha who just gave up the sharingan in the name of his god?

Ooh, or like Rider's (Fate/Stay Night) Bellerophon, where she slashes herself in the neck to unleash its power?

neshru 2013-11-06 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 4898518)
And the two pages (double spread) of dump faces was great.

haha, that's what I thought. I think those pages sum up nicely the current state of the Naruto series.