AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Initial D Extra Stage 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70672)

FLCL 2008-08-27 12:35

Initial D Extra Stage 2

was confirmed 2 days ago, will air on ppv 10/3/08 and DVD on 12/5/08
super pumped, seems to be possibly Iketani x Mako or Keisuke X Kyoko.

Woot!

lswift84 2008-10-29 20:11

Has anyone gotten a chance to see Extra Stage 2 or know what it is about?

slidingk1 2008-10-29 23:04

Extra Stage 2 blows. It's about impact blue's driver and that other guy with the 240 been awhile and I don't care about their names much but not really all that great but I suspect someone will sub it sooner or later.

lswift84 2008-10-30 16:03

that sucks i was looking forward to some new I-D

SkoolRumble4Ya 2008-11-02 16:56

I hope in the end of the ova they will announce the release date for fifth stage.

Zu Ra 2009-01-10 19:21

I came across the torrent today just gotta see if its indeed this one . If it has going to be fun weekend , hadn't got my fix after Wangan.

xris 2009-01-11 03:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geta Boshi (Post 2153279)
I came across the torrent today just gotta see if its indeed this one . If it has going to be fun weekend , hadn't got my fix after Wangan.

Just to check, are you sure you haven't mixed up Initial D - Battle Stage 2 with Initial D - Extra Stage 2?
Edit: Sorry, it's me who got this well and truely mixed up. Sigh....

Initial D - First Stage is the first TV series. 26 eps
Initial D - Second Stage is the second TV series. 13 eps
Initial D - Extra Stage is about Impact Blue. 2 ep OVA
Initial D - Third Stage is the movie.
Initial D - Battle Stage summarizes the races from the first two Initial D series along with one additional race. OVA
Initial D - Fourth Stage is the third TV series. 24 eps
Initial D - Battle Stage 2 summarizes the races from Initial D - Fourth Stage along with two additional races. OVA
Initial D - Extra Stage 2 is the follow-up about Impact Blue. OVA
Initial D - Fifth Stage ?

brocko 2009-01-11 04:51

Extra Stage 2 was just released by Shinsen very recently so I assume Geta was talking about that. Battle Stage 2 has yet to be subbed that I know of.

Zu Ra 2009-01-11 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 2153933)
Just to check, are you sure you haven't mixed up Initial D - Battle Stage 2 with Initial D - Extra Stage 2?
Edit: Sorry, it's me who got this well and truely mixed up. Sigh....

Spoiler for space:

The names are mighty confusing had to double check twice. Just to be really sure it was this one .^^

FLCL 2009-01-11 09:20

its ok, nothing special

i want more GC action, its my car

Tiberium Wolf 2009-01-11 16:27

OMG! So boring! Why in the hell do we have more Iketani screen time? Off with that guy already.

brocko 2009-01-11 20:35

^ Er... because Extra Stage is suppose to be about Impact Blue? The backstory was a rather nice addition and more than welcomed, atleast for me it was anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLCL (Post 2154435)
i want more GC action, its my car

Timelinewise Bunta hasn't even gotten his Impreza yet though lol =P

kamikazex 2009-01-12 03:39

yeah what a disappointment...stage 5!!! where are you?!!! i wanna see more project D!!!!

slidingk1 2009-01-12 08:11

Ummm somehow it is possible to cock block yourself in this alternate world?? I mean watching it was painful when will they put an end to the pathetic male leads when!!!!

Vestus 2009-01-13 00:15

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really wanted to know what is going to happen between Iketani and Mako. Especially, after Iketani's little fiasco :sad: So, this was a real welcome for me!

Spoiler for Extra Stage 2::

justinstrife 2009-01-13 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vestus (Post 2157865)
I don't know about the rest of you, but I really wanted to know what is going to happen between Iketani and Mako. Especially, after Iketani's little fiasco :sad: So, this was a real welcome for me!

Spoiler for Extra Stage 2::

I agree Vestus. That's my biggest complaint with Initial D. Shigeno has it out for couples. Don't even get me started on the Kyoko and Keisuke pairing... I'm still pissed about it. :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/FD/myrx7.jpg
If I found a hot girl with an FD who was into me.... There's no way I'd let her go.

brocko 2009-01-13 00:31

I'm still hanging onto hope that the closing line/statement only refers upto the end of 4th stage.

Spoiler:

Heibi 2009-01-13 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocko (Post 2157897)
I'm still hanging onto hope that the closing line/statement only refers upto the end of 4th stage.

Spoiler:

Basically, Initial D is being smart. No anime only filler TV series stuff. Wouldn't you just love to have smething like a Naruto 3 seasons of pure filler where the stories get more and more ridiculous. They are getting the manga to a certain point before continuing onto 5th Stage. Can't wait for the fulll golf swing.;)

justinstrife 2009-01-13 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by brocko (Post 2157897)

Spoiler:

That's funny about Tokyo. :heh:

I'm still rooting for Kyoko x Keisuke. He's an idiot for doing what he's doing, but alas...

SkoolRumble4Ya 2009-01-13 16:56

Damn I feel sorry for Iketani and Mako. I was still having hope about them being together until the last part said they will never see each other again. That came out of nowhere and shot me down completely.

For the manga readers do they have enough for Fifth Stage?

slidingk1 2009-01-14 05:34

I don't know but Initial D when you step back from the fact it has cars etc... Feels like a rinse and repeat anime. I just can't stomach it any more. The weak spineless side characters, unrealistic attempts at explaining driving "physics", zero real back story on the main characters. How every new opponent is supposed to be super hard to beat etc..... But hey thanks to Initial D toyota is selling off lots of old parts for the 4age motors. I'll rather read Over Rev.

Vestus 2009-01-17 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinstrife (Post 2157879)
I agree Vestus. That's my biggest complaint with Initial D. Shigeno has it out for couples. Don't even get me started on the Kyoko and Keisuke pairing... I'm still pissed about it. :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...e/FD/myrx7.jpg
If I found a hot girl with an FD who was into me.... There's no way I'd let her go.

I feel yah man. Kyoko is such a catch. I could really care less about the other 2 girls. Kazumi is just a plain b**** IMO and Natsuki...well is just plain Natsuki.

Spoiler for Future Love-Interests?:

justinstrife 2009-01-17 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vestus (Post 2165404)
I feel yah man. Kyoko is such a catch. I could really care less about the other 2 girls. Kazumi is just a plain b**** IMO and Natsuki...well is just plain Natsuki.

Spoiler for Future Love-Interests?:

I need to start getting into the manga. It might help me get by the wait for 5th stage. :heh: