AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   [WII U] Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE / Tokyo Mirage Session ♯FE (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117526)

Laith 2013-01-23 11:40

[WII U] Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE / Tokyo Mirage Session ♯FE

The game you never knew you needed and yet you always wanted.

Klashikari 2013-01-23 11:46

Color me absolutely caught off guard by this move... I know crossover is getting quite popular, even at the expense of lore and gameplay consistency, but THAT came out of nowhere :heh:

SOGESNAKE 2013-01-23 12:45

Buh... well, that certainly took me by surprise. I don't think I'd EVER have thought to myself that those two games would cross over...

Though, I do wonder if both series will keep their respective artstyles, or if they'll have all the characters done in the same...

JohnNiles 2013-01-23 13:11

That is so weird. That is even less likely than the Pokemon/Nobunaga's Ambition crossover.

I don't have a WiiU, so I guess I won't be trying this out. :/ But as long as we're doing insane crossovers, I want an Idolmaster/Persona game pleeeeease.

SilverSyko 2013-01-23 13:48

It's funny how this is indirectly announcing Shin Megami Tensei IV for a localization too. :p

Interesting crossover, but I still don't know if I'll play this. One series I like (SMT) and the other I don't (Fire Emblem). I also have a bad feeling the gameplay will be something I'm not going to like. :heh:

Angelic Cross 2013-01-23 18:56

Wait what.

*looks again*

Nintendo, Atlus. . .

:bow::bow::bow:

EDIT: Ahaha, I just realized this will be the first HD MegaTen game ever. And that new levels of video game developer sadism will be reached with Atlus and Intelligent Systems collaborating together on this.

Rayneing 2013-01-24 01:09

Until I saw this announcement, I had no clue that this was the crossover of my dreams. Now I need it. Badly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnNiles (Post 4524873)
That is so weird. That is even less likely than the Pokemon/Nobunaga's Ambition crossover.

No, I think that particular title still takes the cake as far as bizarre off-the-wall crossovers are concerned.

orpheus2 2013-01-24 02:31

This is truly surprising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelic Cross (Post 4525223)
Wait what.

*looks again*

Nintendo, Atlus. . .

:bow::bow::bow:

EDIT: Ahaha, I just realized this will be the first HD MegaTen game ever. And that new levels of video game developer sadism will be reached with Atlus and Intelligent Systems collaborating together on this.

No kidding.:heh: It will makes their previous titles child's play. Hopefully, they will be merciful...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayneing (Post 4525619)
Until I saw this announcement, I had no clue that this was the crossover of my dreams. Now I need it. Badly.

No, I think that particular title still takes the cake as far as bizarre off-the-wall crossovers are concerned.

What about Pokemon X Resident Evil/Silent Hill instead?

jedinat 2013-01-24 02:34

I have the feeling this is a game that no one was asking for... which I don't really understand because there are so many games people are asking for and not getting...

DingoEnderZOE2 2013-01-24 02:54

I'm not really a fan of Shin Megami Tensei outside the Persona series, but I remember being very curious about the Fire Emblem series ever since I heard that iconic theme when I played Super Smash Bros Brawl. So I think I might consider this should I EVER get a Wii U.

The theme in question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BztAuRDPARE

(To this day I still can't grasp how to properly showcase a youtube video around here...)

Rayneing 2013-01-24 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by orpheus2 (Post 4525673)
What about Pokemon X Resident Evil/Silent Hill instead?

Luckily, that one isn't real. But it if it was, it'd have like five cakes all to itself.

jedinat 2013-01-24 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 (Post 4525692)
but I remember being very curious about the Fire Emblem series ever since I heard that iconic theme when I played Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Well, you should be interested in Fire Emblem: Awakening coming out in less than 2 weeks on the 3DS then... It's suppose to be really good.

JohnNiles 2013-01-24 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayneing (Post 4525619)

But it flows so naturally! The real unification of Japan should've been done this way. :heh:

demino_hellsin 2013-01-24 10:14

I think this is the hardcore game wii U has been priding itself on...

Kafriel 2013-01-24 11:11

So, fire emblem, which iirc was a knight-themed tactics TBS, crossed with...the demon-heavy (and modern time) megaten series!? I can't even imagine what this is going to be, besides super weird :heh: Would be even more surprising if it actually turns out to be an awesome game, because I can't remember a single crossover I liked, smash bros aside.

EmagEvil 2013-01-24 11:27

.... Like everyones i was surprised too, but my thoughts are so confused; how such 2 differents platforms can crossover in gameplay?!

Angelic Cross 2013-01-24 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmagEvil (Post 4526090)

.... Like everyones i was surprised too, but my thoughts are so confused; how such 2 differents platforms can crossover in gameplay?!

Even before the DeSu series, the Majin Tensei games were pretty much "Fire Emblem, but with demons!", so it's not like Atlus is inexperienced with this.

Iron Maw 2013-01-24 23:04

How the hell did this come about? :heh:

You could not get two more different series then this. At least when Atlus did this with Capcom in SMT: Noctune Dante sort of fit in.

lordkas 2013-01-24 23:07

hey guys fire emblem with SMT instant death spells like hama and mudo if you get it :heh:

Rayneing 2013-01-25 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordkas (Post 4526828)
hey guys fire emblem with SMT instant death spells like hama and mudo if you get it :heh:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) It's everything I've ever wanted.