AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) White Album 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=118747)

Natsu_ 2013-04-06 08:16

White Album 2

white album 2(TV)

Broadcasting season : not determined

Series Composition,Screenplay : Fumiaki Maruto
Music producer : Naoya Shimokawa
Production : Satellite

Seiyuu of the main characters of the three does not change.
Haruki Kitahara(北原 春希)  voice - Takahiro Mizushima
Ogiso Setsuna(小木曽 雪菜) voice - Madoka Yonezawa
Kazusa Touma(冬馬 かずさ) voice - Hitomi Nabatame

Base of the story is the PS3 version.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-04-06 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsu_ (Post 4623131)
white album 2(TV)

OH

*takes deep breath*

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SS

Nachtwandler 2013-04-06 09:29

I don't know the name of scriptwriter. Who is he?

Yume no Hana 2013-04-06 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 4623194)
I don't know the name of scriptwriter. Who is he?

Maruto Fumiaki is one of the most popular eroge writers. Most of his works are Visual Novels so if you don't often read VN, it's normal that you don't know him.

He wrote the scenario for some well-received VN such as Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo (the anime adaptation is horrible though) , Parfait, Curio, Sekai de Ichiban dame na Koi and White Album2.

Nachtwandler 2013-04-06 13:01

Yume no Hana

Ah. That one. Of cause I know him although I didn't read any of his VN's. Just... does that mean they used original scriptwriter for once or Natsu_ just mentioned who worked on the VN, not an anime staff?

relentlessflame 2013-04-06 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 4623462)
Just... does that mean they used original scriptwriter for once or Natsu_ just mentioned who worked on the VN, not an anime staff?

The way it's phrased seems to imply that he's also doing the script/story planning for the anime, but I guess it'll be further confirmed in time.

Natsu_ 2013-04-06 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachtwandler (Post 4623462)
Yume no Hana

Ah. That one. Of cause I know him although I didn't read any of his VN's. Just... does that mean they used original scriptwriter for once or Natsu_ just mentioned who worked on the VN, not an anime staff?

Yes.
It means that he is also in charge of the anime version as it is.:)

http://i.imgur.com/jiZDM6U.jpg

Cosmic Eagle 2013-04-06 21:19

I wonder....

WA2 is certainly superior to WA IMO but for those who disliked WA because of the characters what will they see of this?

Everything's going to crash and burn and the snow will all melt so hard

Master_Yoma 2013-04-06 21:31

I wonder if this is going to be split into 2 part like the first one

Yume no Hana 2013-04-06 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4624049)
I wonder....

WA2 is certainly superior to WA IMO but for those who disliked WA because of the characters what will they see of this?

Everything's going to crash and burn and the snow will all melt so hard

WA2's characters don't really resemble those of the first WA. So I don't think there's any problem with liking WA2 while dislike the first one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master_Yoma (Post 4624060)
I wonder if this is going to be split into 2 part like the first one

Actually the game has 3 parts, not just 2. IMO a 12-episode season for Introductory Chapter and 24-episode second season for Closing Chapter and Coda Chapter are enough.

maplehurry 2013-04-06 22:02

ok to watch this without WA1 ?

Yume no Hana 2013-04-06 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by maplehurry (Post 4624115)
ok to watch this without WA1 ?

Definitely yes because the only references to WA1 are the same town and three songs "White Album", "Sound of Destiny", "Power Snow" and that's it.

Someone on /jp/ said before that WA2 could be renamed to "Todokanai Koi" (Unreachable Love) and the experience would remain the same.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-04-06 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yume no Hana (Post 4624104)
WA2's characters don't really resemble those of the first WA. So I don't think there's any problem with liking WA2 while dislike the first one.

Well with Kitahara being what he is....I can predict much rage already...

Because you cannot deny the problem also stemmed in a large part from his handling of the situation

Yume no Hana 2013-04-06 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4624162)
Well with Kitahara being what he is....I can predict much rage already...

Because you cannot deny the problem also stemmed in a large part from his handling of the situation

Well, to be fair, Touya is horrible mainly because of 7arc studio's handling of the story. On the other hand, Haruki will make you rage because he's supposed to do so. I won't call a character "bad" just because that's what he's intended to be (not that he's a bad guy, though).

btw, the problem does not only lie in Haruki only, everyone is responsible for creating such a mess at the end of the story. Also, I hate Kazusa with a passion in a certain route... =.=

tsunade666 2013-04-06 23:32

^ Haruki? Kazuza? characters from WA2?

so will I ended up raging too? I ended up lots of headaches when watching WA and the 2nd half of the story really puts me to stop watching at all but since I started it I finished downloading it but I didn't watch it after downloading it but wait till the story finished and watch them all but even so. I ended up lots of problems on that series.

If Haruki is intended for me to hate him.... then this is one hell of a ride .... again >_>

Cosmic Eagle 2013-04-06 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 4624235)
^ Haruki? Kazuza? characters from WA2?

so will I ended up raging too? I ended up lots of headaches when watching WA and the 2nd half of the story really puts me to stop watching at all but since I started it I finished downloading it but I didn't watch it after downloading it but wait till the story finished and watch them all but even so. I ended up lots of problems on that series.

If Haruki is intended for me to hate him.... then this is one hell of a ride .... again >_>

It depends....

The entire plot is how from a beautiful dream it devolves into a shitstorm at the end due to basically themselves asking for it.

It's melancholic and does provoke the more wistful parts of the emotions though, that's why I love it.

You enjoy those kind of stuff?

Yes those two are part of the main cast in WA2

NoemiChan 2013-04-06 23:39

White Album... I planned to watch it but don't have the time.. but because of the new addition.. I have to watch the first.. damn...

Yume no Hana 2013-04-07 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenjiChan (Post 4624245)
White Album... I planned to watch it but don't have the time.. but because of the new addition.. I have to watch the first.. damn...

I don't recommend watching the first WA. The art and music are good but the scenario is just... horrible. Don't watch it unless you have to because you might end up hating everything related to the name "White Album" after that.

SaintessHeart 2013-04-07 02:13

Why the fuck didn't they change Kazusa's VA to Mizuki Nana.

Freeter 2013-04-07 02:19

Awesome news. Loved the hell out of the first one, so I'm hoping they do just as good a job on this.

And please bring back Suika for the ED.

winkel 2013-04-07 02:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 4624427)
Why the fuck didn't they change Kazusa's VA to Mizuki Nana.

Why the hell would they? She was already Ogata Rina. And WA2 is in the same universe as the original.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yume no Hana (Post 4624104)
Actually the game has 3 parts, not just 2. IMO a 12-episode season for Introductory Chapter and 24-episode second season for Closing Chapter and Coda Chapter are enough.

Please. 24 episodes to cover Intro, Closing, Coda, all going Setsuna route is more than enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle

It depends on what you mean by this. WA2 has the superior... plot/story? But WA1 presentation and characterization really stomp all over WA2 (talking game-to-game of course.)

Mazryonh 2013-04-07 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsu_ (Post 4623475)
white album 2(TV)

Actually, according to Anime News Network, it's being produced by Satelight, the ones behind Macross Frontier, AKB0048, etc.

Quote:

Three additional significant characters exist, who are winnable heroines in the WA2 game. They are:

Sugiura Koharu - voiced by Nagata Yoriko, best known for her role as Jun Suzuki from K-ON!

Izumi Chiaki - voiced by Habuki Risato, no significant mainstream anime roles yet.

Kazaoka Mari - voiced by the veteran Asakawa Yuu, best known for being Megurine Luka's voice provider for the Vocaloid software and the role of Rider from Fate/Stay Night.

Quote:

Excuse me for a second . . . . *($^@#(*!&#*%&^@*#^$*%_^!!!!!! . . . . okay, now that the rage is out of my system, I'm amazed that they didn't get the crew and director behind Yosuga no Sora for this series. A major reason follows below:

Spoiler for Possible spoiler (though its non-specific):

I also wanted the Yosuga no Sora team because of the possibility of another omnibus adaptation. The main two heroines of the game are Kazusa and Setsuna, but it would be a damn shame if the other three I mentioned get reduced to minor characters or just cameos--by all accounts their own stories were excellently written and deserve to get the "full treatment" in an omnibus anime adaptation.

I hope a mod starts a White Album 2 game thread in the gaming forum so those of us who are interested in the game but don't know Japanese (and the translation project hasn't had any updates for more than a year now) can learn about it there.

Incidentally, will Nagata Yoriko, Nabatame Hitomi, and Asakawa Yuu get a chance to sing in this series? None of them are slouches at singing and I'm surprised that they didn't get the chance to do so in the original PC game and its all-ages PS3 port.

In any case, whoever's pumped for the release of this anime should listen to a bunch of "character trailer clips" on youtube here. All the heroines are involved and I'm sure those of us who understand Japanese would enjoy listening to what they have to say.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-04-07 02:58

Quote:

It depends on what you mean by this. WA2 has the superior... plot/story? But WA1 presentation and characterization really stomp all over WA2 (talking game-to-game of course.)
I mean because apparently quite a lot of people have negative opinion of WA for some reason...

Yume no Hana 2013-04-07 04:03

@Mazryonh: Don't believe what "you've dig up" because it's wrong. There's sexual factor in WA2 but it's minor and isn't the main theme of the story. Psychological, not sexual.

Quote:

Presentation... maybe, characterization... no, not even close.

Regarding artwork, WA1 PS3 is better than WA2 (leaf's 3 golden artist trio worked on it wherease WA2 only has Nakamura Takeshi). However, if you take directing, narrating into account, WA is inferior. In WA1, you have to choose the direction system at the beginning of the day and if you don't have enough points of a certain character, you'll only get the same typical "working/greeting/getting tired" dialogues instead of heroine events and then the day ends. Whereas, in WA2, from the beginning to the end, the story is presented to you like a well-directed movie.

The personalities of Haruki, Setsuna and Kazusa are much more complex than that of Touya, Yuki and Rina. In term of depth, the main love polygon in WA isn't even comparable to the double love triangle in Koharu's route in WA2, not to mention the core story.

Natsu_ 2013-04-07 07:06

タケケン@御宿FACE ‏@overdrive_sys 46分
White Album2今年の秋放送だって!!!!!全50話の4クールだよぉぉぉぉぉおおおおお!!!!!!!! #wa2

White album 2 will be broadcast this autumn.
Two seasons of all 50 story!!!!!!!!

※ This tweet is not the official
http://i.imgur.com/EiXWe7l.jpg

and Official HP.
http://whitealbum2.jp/

Kirayuki 2013-04-07 07:16

50 episodes seems overkill....

Does it has so much content to begin with ?

Natsu_ 2013-04-07 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirayuki (Post 4624692)
50 episodes seems overkill....

Does it has so much content to begin with ?

Sorry. The story of 50 is probably wrong.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-04-07 07:59

But 4 cour...?!

SaintessHeart 2013-04-07 09:13

4 cour wouldn't be so surprising.

There are 2 parts to the game anyway, while WA only has 1 part. Though the question is, how long are they going to run it?

Requiem-x 2013-04-07 13:10

HAHA, TIME FOR TRAINWRECKS AND RAGE!

...Or so I'd like to say, but everything points in a very different direction. Every single comment I've read on the web about this game worships it as a romance masterpiece (though there were also good comments on fortune arterial, and look how that turned out), so it seems to be another kind of beast altogether. I'm fine with that, whether it's a worthy competitor to Kimi ga iru no machi or Ef-a tale of memories, I'm looking forward to it already.

So, it seems the characters are quite different this time around, huh? Good, maybe this time the heroine won't have the intellect of a ten year old with brain problems, though I'll definetly miss Rina's awesomeness.

Cosmic Eagle 2013-04-07 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem-x (Post 4625111)
HAHA, TIME FOR TRAINWRECKS AND RAGE!

It is a trainwreck at least

Requiem-x 2013-04-07 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4625128)
It is a trainwreck at least

How can you have a trainwreck without rage? Is the story that much of a convoluted disaster?

Cosmic Eagle 2013-04-07 13:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem-x (Post 4625136)
How can you have a trainwreck without rage? Is the story that much of a convoluted disaster?

Because you can be a sadist who watches solely to seem them suffer

Requiem-x 2013-04-07 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4625140)
Because you can be a sadist who watches solely to seem them suffer

What if their suffering is the source of the rage?

Ok, before continuing this, I'll assume this is going to have concentrated melodrama.

tsunade666 2013-04-07 15:21

ah... wow. lots of info in the thread even though its not the future plot but still it tells what the story is about. So I will set my self ready for another rage mode. Hope its not as bashing as the first one.

Aqua Knight 2013-04-07 16:01

WOW!!

White Album is in my top-10 definitely and now WA2!!

Are the characters in WA2 totally different from WA1?

Natsu_ 2013-04-07 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqua Knight (Post 4625345)
WOW!!

White Album is in my top-10 definitely and now WA2!!

Are the characters in WA2 totally different from WA1?

Yes.
There is no direct relationship between them.

Information that has been decided
Broadcasting season : This autumn

Unverified Information
all 13 episodes, only IC

Haiprbim 2013-04-07 18:07

Any ideas of what the possible Genre(s) would be?

winkel 2013-04-07 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natsu_ (Post 4625529)
Unverified Information
all 13 episodes, only IC

That would be crazy. You'd have to really drag out IC to make it 13 episodes...

Sumeragi 2013-04-07 19:25

I haven't even seen or played WA yet.