AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kashimashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Kashimashi Q&A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=28510)

Catgirls 2006-01-31 15:18

Kashimashi Q&A

This thread is for those with questions about the Kashimashi anime or manga. Please keep discussion about episodes in the relevant threads, the purpose of this thread is to ask questions that can actually be answered as facts from the anime or manga.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the manga. Untagged manga spoilers are risking a ban. If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read the BB Code FAQ.

Spoiler tag examples
[spoiler]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

[spoiler=subject title]Text to be hidden[/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler for subject title:
Please DO NOT quote entire posts; if you wish to refer to a previous post quote ONLY the parts relevant to your response.

----------------8<-------------------

Q: When does Kashimashi air?
A: Kashimashi typically airs Thursday 1:30AM (Tokyo Time). That would be Wednesday at 11:30 AM (EST) for example. You can convert the time for you own time zone by using this site: www.timeanddate.com **Show time corrected. Thanks to Kaoru Chujo

Q: Is it "Kashimashi" or "Kasimasi"? I see it written both ways. Which one is correct?
A: Both are correct. As answered by NoSanninWa in this post: "Both 's' and 'sh' are accepted romanizations of the hirigana because it is pronounced differently in different dialects." Also....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
There are two main romanization systems for Japanese, the old Hepburn one which is used outside Japan ("Kashimashi"), and a government-approved one which is more used inside Japan ("Kasimasi"). "Si" and "shi" are two ways of representing the same Japanese written kana  し . Most Japanese pronouncing "Kasimasi" say something that comes closer to "Kashimashi" to English-speakers' ears. Probably you could say "Kasimasi" is more correct, since the show's site uses it, but I prefer Kashimashi because it comes closer to the way it actually sounds in Japanese.

Catgirls 2006-01-31 15:23

Originally posted by NeoSam (link) with some additions/editing by Catgirls:

かしまし ~ガール・ミーツ・ガール~

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ is a manga thats serialized in the seinen (young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh.

For now there are 2 volumes released of this manga, here are the covers:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7970/vol16zp.jpg http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5886/vol27sy.jpg
Offical Web Site: http://kasimasi.com/

Genre: Seinen, Comedy, Romance, Yuri

This is a seinen yuri manga/novel/anime.
This is a yuri manga/novel/anime for male audience.

Edit:

And Yay Yay Yay :D a seinen novel based on the seinen manga will be published under the seinen(young men's) label Dengeki Library (Dengeki Library is a label thats aimed at young men, anything published under this label is aimed at male audience).

Here is the cover of the first volume of the novel which will be released on January 2006:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8...velvol11zr.jpg
From AnimeNfo:

Quote:

Hazumu confessed his love to Yasuna, but she turned down him. To ease his heartbreak, he went to Mt. Kashimayama where he’d met her first. He lost his way in the mountain, and it got dark. He saw a big shooting star, and when he began to wish, he found something was wrong. It wasn’t a shooting star, but it was a falling space ship. He was involved in the crash. He managed to survive by the help of the alien. However, he became a girl due to the accident during the reconstruction of his body.

Kaoru Chujo 2006-01-31 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catgirls
Q: When does Kashimashi air?
A: Kashimashi typically airs Wednesday 1:30AM (Tokyo Time). That's (if my convert is correct) Tuesday at 11:30 AM (EST) for example. You can convert the time for you own time zone by using this site: www.timeanddate.com

Unfortunately, this is not correct. It actually airs Wednesday night (i.e., Thursday morning), which would be 11:30 A.M. Wednesday in the eastern US. We had just got used to the "25:30" way Japanese media say 1:30 a.m., when the official site decided to fake us out again by saying the show aired "late at night" at 1:30 on Wednesdays. Moon Phase corrects this to Wednesdays "at 25:30", which I know to be correct.
Quote:

Q: Is it "Kashimashi" or "Kasimasi"? I see it written both ways. Which one is correct?
A: Both are correct. As answered by NoSanninWa in this post: "Both 's' and 'sh' are accepted romanizations of the hiragana because it is pronounced differently in different dialects."
There are two main romanization systems for Japanese, the old Hepburn one which is used outside Japan ("Kashimashi"), and a government-approved one which is more used inside Japan ("Kasimasi"). "Si" and "shi" are two ways of representing the same Japanese written kana  し . Most Japanese pronouncing "Kasimasi" say something that comes closer to "Kashimashi" to English-speakers' ears. Probably you could say "Kasimasi" is more correct, since the show's site uses it, but I prefer Kashimashi because it comes closer to the way it actually sounds in Japanese.

Catgirls 2006-01-31 21:03

Thanks Kaoru Chujo for the correct show time. I have updated the first post.

zalas 2006-02-01 10:47

Well, I guess you could call it "Dengeki Library" but the 文庫 refers to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunko
Pretty much all light novels fall into this category. Dengeki Bunko has stuff like Shakugan no SHANA and Kino no Tabi. Maria-sama ga Miteru is published under Cobalt Bunko, etc. Pretty much all of Dengeki is aimed at young men: Dengeki Daioh, Dengeki Moeh, Dengeki Gao, Dengeki PS2, etc.

NeoSam 2006-02-01 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalas
Well, I guess you could call it "Dengeki Library" but the 文庫 refers to this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunko
Pretty much all light novels fall into this category. Dengeki Bunko has stuff like Shakugan no SHANA and Kino no Tabi. Maria-sama ga Miteru is published under Cobalt Bunko, etc. Pretty much all of Dengeki is aimed at young men: Dengeki Daioh, Dengeki Moeh, Dengeki Gao, Dengeki PS2, etc.

Yeah I know >.< I guess I shouldn't have used Library as a translation and sticked with Bunko >.< anyway I'll do that from now on.

Dengeki Bunko is for young men (a label for young men).

Cobalt Bunko is for girls.

Edit:

I started using Library since some site mentioned it as the translation to Bunko, and it made it easy not to make people think its a magazine >.<

Anyway I'm not using Library as the translation and using Bunko from now on.

Not every Dengeki magazine is for young men.

These Dengeki magazines are for young men:

Dengeki Daioh
Dengeki HP
Dengeki Moeoh
Dengeki Teioh
Dengeki Animaga
Dengeki Hime
Dengeki PS
Dengeki PS2
Dengeki G's Magazine
Dengeki G's Festival!
Dengeki Maoh
--> a new seinen manga magazine
... (and others that I haven't mentioned)

This is a magazine for boys:

Dengeki Comic Gao!

There was a magazine for girls called (if I remember right): Dengeki PS for Girls (but I don't know what happened to it, can't find it on MediaWorks site, maybe it got defunct, if it did then every Dengeki magazine and label are aimed at male audience)

If possible Catgirls change Dengeki Library to Dengeki Bunko, I underlined where to change:

Quote:

a seinen novel based on the seinen manga will be published under the seinen(young men's) label Dengeki Bunko (Dengeki Bunko is a label thats aimed at young men, anything published under this label is aimed at male audience).

Akuma-sama 2006-02-05 23:47

Anyone knows how many episodes this is going to run? I'm thinking 13, hoping 26 XD

Kyaa the Catlord 2006-02-07 07:43

Could someone please post the name (in romanji) of the city that Kashimashi takes place in? I'm not at home and can't review my 'subs. :(

stevency 2006-02-07 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord
Could someone please post the name (in romanji) of the city that Kashimashi takes place in? I'm not at home and can't review my 'subs. :(

Kashima-shi(鹿縞市).

Kyaa the Catlord 2006-02-07 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevency
Kashima-shi(鹿縞市).

Go figure. :D Thanks!

Sian 2006-02-07 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Anyone knows how many episodes this is going to run? I'm thinking 13, hoping 26 XD

hoping 26 as well ... but fear that it would become to slow in the pace if it should fill it all ... so ... lets believe in 13 and get a plesent suprice if it goes on for longer

Kyaa the Catlord 2006-02-07 14:30

Just fyi: I'm working on a wikipedia article for Satoru Akahori-san, the co-creator of the manga. If you'd like to help out and have more details than I do about him, please feel free to help out. The Kashimashi wiki needs you too! :D

(Is this kosher?)

zalas 2006-02-07 16:54

It looks very much like a 13 episode series, since .hack//Roots is taking its timeslot on TV Tokyo come spring.

Morisato 2006-02-11 01:44

I'm not sure why there's a forum for this series (when something like shakugan doesn't), I like it and all but it doesn't seem popular enough to have it's own forum. Most of the threads are all created by mods or is it because new threads aren't allowed?

Sian 2006-02-11 04:04

... you could try reading the newer rules that states that all threads are made by mods so there is more order in which threads there is

zalas 2006-02-11 05:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morisato
I'm not sure why there's a forum for this series (when something like shakugan doesn't), I like it and all but it doesn't seem popular enough to have it's own forum. Most of the threads are all created by mods or is it because new threads aren't allowed?

Shakugan isn't as wildly popular as Fate/stay night, and there were a lot more problems with people spoiling each other in Fsn. You can't really compare Shakugan and Kashimashi because one is known to be licensed and one isn't, and Animesuki caters to fans of unlicensed anime.

Srin Tuar 2006-02-15 20:34

The Q: does Hazumu ever turn back into a boy?

If not, do they turn Tomari into a boy?

KaneDragon 2006-02-15 20:42

Or worst case scenario, both? >_<
:p

======
Sorry, but I have another round of manga vs. anime questions... ^^

The manga is still coming out, right? Do you think the anime is going to stop short while the manga goes on (thinking of Fruits Basket, though it doesn't have to be that much longer), or will they conclude about the same 'time'? I was just wondering, since the manga hasn't been coming out for too long...

Catgirls 2006-02-15 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
The Q: does Hazumu ever turn back into a boy?

Nothing has been said about it yet (in the manga, that is, which is ahead of the anime). In the first episode, the alien made it sound as though boy-type Hazumu was greviously injured and there wasn't anyway to bring back his old form. Going by that, I'd say that Hazumu is a girl for the rest of his life and that boy-type Hazumu was permanently killed.

/Speculation:

It would make sense if the alien suddenly told Hazumu that he/she had a choice and that the alien could indeed turn Hazumu back to a boy if she/he desired. That would cause a nice amount of soul searching on Hazumu's part and a bit of a final twist to the story. So far, others have struggled with their relationship with Hazumu as it revolves around his change to a girl. If Hazumu had to decide between genders knowing that Yasuna may not be able to see him as a guy and that Tomari may return to her old self, well…

/End Speculation

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
If not, do they turn Tomari into a boy?

Hmmm…that’s a good question, but nothing (so far) has even mentioned something that that happening. The manga would lead you to believe that the writers REALLY want the three of them to work their relationship(s) out as girls. I think this story is a (yuri) girl x girl x girl (yuri) gig and I really don’t think that’ll change. I think the target audience is frisky young men & women with latchkey imaginations and injecting a guy into this mix would cause quite a few viewers to flee.

If you want, I can PM you a frame from the manga that might support my supposition. It's from the last (released) chapter. Let me know if you want to see it.

Catgirls 2006-02-15 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneDragon
The manga is still coming out, right?

As far as I know, yes. It’s still coming out. I think it would be quite a let down if they ended it where it's at now. There’s more to be told I assume.
Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Do you think the anime is going to stop short while the manga goes on (thinking of Fruits Basket, though it doesn't have to be that much longer), or will they conclude about the same 'time'? I was just wondering, since the manga hasn't been coming out for too long...

That I don't know. I would assume “yes”. Maybe someone else can field that that’s a bit more knowledgeable in the ways of Manga. That anime and the Manga aren't too far off (though the manga is ahead) as far as I can see, but once the anime ends, the manga might go on. Hope so. Maybe a second season (anime)?

/crosses fingers