AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Mouretsu Pirates (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=79974)

musume_no_hoshi 2009-11-16 16:00

Does this mean it gives the novel more time? So more volumes would be released first?

Reading the summery from ANN really makes me really looking forward to this.

Quote:

The story centers around a spirited high school girl named Marika. She keeps herself busy with the space yacht club and her part-time job at a high-class retro café. One day, two men suddenly appear and claim to be subordinates of her dead father. They demand that she assume command of the space pirate ship Benten Maru. A privateer ship's compact was made during a war of independence a century ago, and according to that compact, the ship must be inherited by the captain's next direct descendant. Marika finds herself embarking on a new life as a space pirate.
For now, this just sounds like fun. I don't mind an almost all-girls-cast, as long as it's not harem.

FlareKnight 2009-11-16 20:39

Miniskirt. Space. Pirates. Yeah this will turn out great :D.

Quite a ways away though. Will probably have forgotten about it until a few months before it comes out.

Joojoobees 2010-03-25 18:43

According to NeoSam, the title of this anime has changed to Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku, and broadcast is still expected in 2011. Apparently this was announced by Satelight at the Tokyo Anime Fair.

Image from Moonphase:
http://moonphase.web.infoseek.co.jp/...G/taf2010l.jpg

UPDATE: According to this ANN post,
Quote:

Akiman is responsible for the original character designs for the animation, and Starchild Records is handling the music. Tatsuo Sato (Stellvia, Shigofumi: Letters from the Departed, Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars) is directing and supervising the scripts.

Mizuno 2010-03-25 21:29

Space + Satelight, we might be in for a treat visually. Consider they did Macross Frontier... although I don't expect the same budget for this show.

Westlo 2010-10-31 10:42

Saw this on Canyoumoe blog.

Quote:

Moretsu Space Pirate is scheduled for 2011 July. -_- Then why the heck did they announce it in 2009?
About damn time.

Bonta Kun 2010-10-31 11:32

OH HELL how did I miss this before?!!

Well looks like I got something totally awesome to look forward to in 2011.

Btw does Moretsu still mean Miniskirt?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 2973282)
Space + Satelight, we might be in for a treat visually. Consider they did Macross Frontier... although I don't expect the same budget for this show.

I'd agree we probably wouldn't see the same budget but honestly I would think this deserves the same if not more cause just going by the premise alone this totally owns Macross Frontier:D

MisaoFan 2010-10-31 11:41

I thought that the anime will be scheduled next spring. Angela is the most likely artist to perform the opening theme since the music was doned by King Records.

Shiroth 2010-10-31 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 2973282)

Macross Frontier isn't the only visual treat show Satelight have done. Keeping those in mind, i'm sure this show will deliver with what people want to see.

Westlo 2010-10-31 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 3324810)
I'd agree we probably wouldn't see the same budget but honestly I would think this deserves the same if not more cause just going by the premise alone this totally owns Macross Frontier:D

A lot of the people who did Frontier left to form 8-Bit, Satelite also lost a studio who are now GOHANDS. Don't know how much "talent" they have left...

ZODDGUTS 2010-10-31 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3324827)
Macross Frontier isn't the only visual treat show Satelight have done. Keeping those in mind, i'm sure this show will deliver with what people want to see.

Satelight isn't all that great they have had alot of production problems with their shows often falling behind even Macross Frontier had some eps that needed to be fix/improved animation wise. Engage Planet Kiss Dum was a disaster all around, Kamichama Karin had awful animation that most people in the official thread here on animesuki were people complaining for how awful the animation was. Heat Guy J needed improvements on DVD, Fairy Tail has been a disappointment animation wise, Kiddy Girl-and was a huge joke. Basquash! had problems as well. There almost as bad as Gonzo was if not even worse.

And as Westlo said most of their talent have left to form their own studios. Not to say they can be replaced but...

Kunagisa 2010-10-31 14:22

I'm just curious how far along the plot would be, since volume 5's releasing on the 19th, that and ... Hanazawa Kana's one of the two announced VA.

Westlo 2010-10-31 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3325036)
I'm just curious how far along the plot would be, since volume 5's releasing on the 19th, that and ... Hanazawa Kana's one of the two announced VA.

Geez her Moteki is never ending lol, who's the other announced VA?

Kunagisa 2010-10-31 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 3325081)
Geez her Moteki is never ending lol, who's the other announced VA?

Komatsu Mikako, whom most likely is unknown to anyone besides people who have watched Heroman, which also means so far she is continuing her lead role streak as a VA.

Shiroth 2010-11-01 04:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 3325091)
Komatsu Mikako, whom most likely is unknown to anyone besides people who have watched Heroman, which also means so far she is continuing her lead role streak as a VA.

Glad she has another role so soon. Hopefully it won't be a boy this time, so i can hear some range. :p

SaintessHeart 2010-11-01 21:09

I seriously think that most people here are just for the miniskirts.

That is so wrong! I mean, you guys can't just view girls like that.....ah heck. I am joining in. :heh:

Westlo 2010-11-01 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3325978)
Glad she has another role so soon. Hopefully it won't be a boy this time, so i can hear some range. :p

But her only role so far has been a girl! :heh:

totoum 2010-11-02 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintessHeart (Post 3327250)
I seriously think that most people here are just for the miniskirts.

You've got it wrong,every anime these days has girls wearing mininskirts.This has miniskirts..........IN SPACE :D

oh and Tatsuo Sato being involved is a nice personal bonus.So is Hanazawa Kana though since she's in right about everything these days it's less of a bonus.

nojay 2010-11-02 12:47

Looking at the poster art originally on Moonphase the new title is actually "Mo-retsu Uchuu Kaizoku" which I think means "Hard-working Space Pirates" or "Workaholic Space Pirates".

mentat 2010-11-02 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3327570)
oh and Tatsuo Sato being involved is a nice personal bonus.

x2. Seems like the right man for the job considering the work he's done with Nadesico and Vandread, both character-driven space operas that I enjoyed.

I'm just a little disappointed that we have to wait until July for this.

billborden 2010-11-03 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by totoum (Post 3327570)
You've got it wrong,every anime these days has girls wearing mininskirts.This has miniskirts..........IN SPACE :D

No, No, It's the miniskirts on PIRATES that we all want to see, right... :p