AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What's with all this Orihime hate? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=49860)

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-06-26 00:35

What's with all this Orihime hate?

There seems to be alot of Orihime hate compared to Bleachexile, where they make her a saint compared to other characters. So why do you guys loathe her so much? I like Orihime and Rukia equally, it's just all this Orihime hate is making me feel sad for her. I don't understand why people would want her to die. I mean she's not a horrible horrible devil or anything.

Forever_young 2007-06-26 01:12

Saint? In every Rukia vs. Orihime poll Rukia always manages to win whether it's "Who's stronger?" or "Who do you like most?"
Sadley, in most shounen animes heroine are always the most hated but the most popular character at the same time eg. Kagome, sakura, Akane etc.

I can't believe the difference in Japan and the western countries. Rukia is a really popular character in Japan while Orihime is an unpopular character. In western countries Rukia splits up into 2 people that love her to death or hate her to death :heh:

Zu Ra 2007-06-26 01:20

Most of Inoue fandom is spurned by Bleach Dubs . Though there are intelligent poster like Sabaku Kyu and Sazelyt but they are a minority . Majority of the posters actually don’t read the manga or have the weirdest interpretations till date. At times you get poster whose only shonen experience is DBZ /GD / Naruto Dubs . That speaks voumes about them . I dont hate Inoue the fandom gets on my nerves .

Does this topic require another pointless thread ?

evenex 2007-06-26 01:22

Orihime's character was a real put down for me. She used to be my 2nd favourite female character in Bleach but because of her jealously towards Rukia it created a Rukia vs. Orihime war against the fanz (Rukia fanz always win though :D)
Is KT expecting for us to feel sorry for her or something? Cause right now, all I see in a stupid, depressed, weak girl going "Kurosaki-kun, Kurosaki-kun"
I want the cheerful Orihime back. Now people are starting to call her Emohime

Forever_young 2007-06-26 01:31

I know! Most Orihime fanz bring up stupid arguments, which annoy the heck out of me!
Plus most Orihime fanz hates Rukia, which I find it really pathetic. They should be thanking her because without Rukia, Sora would have killed Orihime, without Rukia Orihime still would be Ichigo’s class mate that just goes “Good Morning Kurosaki-kun” and it was Rukia who made her strong.
Thank god KT has drawn Rukia as a strong female Shinigami

Zu Ra 2007-06-26 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever_young (Post 1012147)
Plus most Orihime fanz hates Rukia, which I find it really pathetic. They should be thanking her because without Rukia, Sora would have killed Orihime, without Rukia Orihime still would be Ichigo’s class mate that just goes “Good Morning Kurosaki-kun” and it was Rukia who made her strong.

Firstly without Rukia there was no Bleach i.e. no transfer of powers . KT has stated this point itself through Ichigo numerous times . And its true majority of Rukia Haters are Inoue fans

Quote:

Yeah Rukia is a strong and independent girl . Wish there were more characters like Rukia who were strong willed, could think for themselves and better could stand on their feet . Being a shonen manga like Bleach which is aimed at boys . Its awesome KT creates strong female characters like Rukia

Mostly in shonen manga you do come across female characters who are nothing but eye candy

Charlo 2007-06-26 09:20

...I can't say that i only dislike orihime. I hate her xD
I don't know what it is, i just never liked her. Maybe because she's so kurosaki-crazy and i don't like ichigo that much. Nah, i don't know, but i really hate her, for some reason ...

cheese4u 2007-06-26 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 (Post 1012081)
There seems to be alot of Orihime hate compared to Bleachexile, where they make her a saint compared to other characters. So why do you guys loathe her so much?

I beleive I can answer that. You see with every forum some of the less intelligent "fans" get bored discussing the regular anime/manga, so they pick apart the most insignificant thing from every show in the hopes that it'll spark a more interesting conversation. Hope that helps.:D

cellardoor 2007-06-26 09:55

Well I don't hate her but I can see where the hate comes from. I'm indifferent to her, most of the times. It's just there are some scenes when she got on my nerves. First one was when she thanked only to her preciouss Kurosaki-kun for coming to HM to save her, whereas there were Ishida, Chad, Rukia and Renji beside Ichigo, yet she didn't even spare a thank for her other friends. Especially, when Rukia showed that she was determined to save her until her last breathe before passing out, that "thank you, Kurosaki-kun" line became more and more disgusting.

And the second incident when I dislike her is happening in the last chapters

Spoiler for ch 279+:

I expected her to actually do something, but I don't know, I'm just too tired because of waiting for like 100 ch to see her gaining her resolve.

FrostyIsShibby 2007-06-26 10:30

i hate her, like i said in a previous post, Gin is the main reason I watch Bleach over other shonen animes, but Inoue would be the reason I stop

her character is so weak, dependent, and annoying, i've rewatched and re-read through the beginning to the end and her character development in minimal, the only big change is her getting powers

beyond that she's just so pathetic and mentally weak, she's not a fighter yet she keeps trying to define herself in that context. she's saved so many people's lives but never gives herself credit for it

i'm really hoping she dies, her character annoys me to no end, either that or she finally realizes her strengths as a healer and stops being so damn dependent and pathetic

kagato3 2007-06-26 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellardoor (Post 1012561)
Well I don't hate her but I can see where the hate comes from. I'm indifferent to her, most of the times. It's just there are some scenes when she got on my nerves. First one was when she thanked only to her preciouss Kurosaki-kun for coming to HM to save her, whereas there were Ishida, Chad, Rukia and Renji beside Ichigo, yet she didn't even spare a thank for her other friends. Especially, when Rukia showed that she was determined to save her until her last breathe before passing out, that "thank you, Kurosaki-kun" line became more and more disgusting.

And the second incident when I dislike her is happening in the last chapters

Spoiler for ch 279+:

I expected her to actually do something, but I don't know, I'm just too tired because of waiting for like 100 ch to see her gaining her resolve.

Spoiler for ch 279+:

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-06-26 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever_young (Post 1012123)
Saint? In every Rukia vs. Orihime poll Rukia always manages to win whether it's "Who's stronger?" or "Who do you like most?"
Sadley, in most shounen animes heroine are always the most hated but the most popular character at the same time eg. Kagome, sakura, Akane etc.

I can't believe the difference in Japan and the western countries. Rukia is a really popular character in Japan while Orihime is an unpopular character. In western countries Rukia splits up into 2 people that love her to death or hate her to death :heh:

http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=8730
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=8641
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=9549
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=328
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=8823
http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=8283

Don't hurt me. I like Rukia too, but there are alot of people who don't you see.

solarknight123 2007-06-26 11:39

It's not that i hate the girl, it's just that she has gotten on my nervers during the HM arc. I'm tired of her always whinning about how useless she is and how she can't do anything useful when actually she can if she put all her heart to it. I'm not a big fan of weak girls in anime so i'm praying that KT improves her and doesn't kill her off as some meaningless sacrifice

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-06-26 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by solarknight123 (Post 1012689)
It's not that i hate the girl, it's just that she has gotten on my nervers during the HM arc. I'm tired of her always whinning about how useless she is and how she can't do anything useful when actually she can if she put all her heart to it. I'm not a big fan of weak girls in anime so i'm praying that KT improves her and doesn't kill her off as some meaningless sacrifice

I hope she fights Hinamori or something, that'd be cool, I'm pretty sure she'd own some cool points for that.

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-06-26 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever_young (Post 1012147)
I know! Most Orihime fanz bring up stupid arguments, which annoy the heck out of me!

Well Rukia would be dead if Orihime wasn't there! Remember? She healed her from GJ's wound, and she might heal her again. If you know what Im talking about. (I don't know how to put spoiler tags)

Altima of the Gates 2007-06-26 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheese4u (Post 1012560)
I beleive I can answer that. You see with every forum some of the less intelligent "fans" get bored discussing the regular anime/manga, so they pick apart the most insignificant thing from every show in the hopes that it'll spark a more interesting conversation. Hope that helps.:D

Agreed. I couldn't have said it better myself.

ipernorris 2007-06-26 15:09

Orihime could be useful if she dies: she will be a nice way for Ichigo to gain the resolve to use his istincts for real. I'm bored of the knight in white armor...

Ichigo_Strife728 2007-06-26 17:44

That place is kinda dumb....

AlphaDragoon 2007-06-26 18:01

Orihime's a "token", which in this case means "stereotypical anime cliche."

And being that she's IMO the worst type of token, the "friend or childhood friend with secret feelings"...I can't stand her.

yahoosoda 2007-06-26 21:30

First of all, I don't really hate her but more on I'm indifferent when it comes to her character. For me, she hasn't done much to progress the plot of Bleach and I am confused why these 'Orihime' pity threads come up every so often.

And this sums up why I am indifferent to her pretty well

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphaDragoon (Post 1013173)
Orihime's a "token", which in this case means "stereotypical anime cliche."

And being that she's IMO the worst type of token, the "friend or childhood friend with secret feelings

Forever_young 2007-06-26 23:53

Yes, but I mean just as in just "Rukia vs. Orihime". What people don't get is Rukia is popular than Orihime but has more anti-Rukia people at the same time. And I don't care what the poll in western cultures are like (no offense to anyone but I agree with the japanese poll more)
At least Rukia is always winning on the official character poll in Bleach.
Anyway lets not talk bout Rukia anymore. This is a Orihime thread

evenex 2007-06-27 00:27

Quote:

Anyway lets not talk bout Rukia anymore. This is a Orihime thread
Agreed. But here's one last thing FY mentioned

http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=6380

http://forums.bleachexile.com/showthread.php?t=9659

cellardoor 2007-06-27 07:59

Spoiler for ch 279+:

deadroot 2007-06-27 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellardoor (Post 1014151)
Spoiler for ch 279+:

Thats very well put and exactly what I had in mind to write. Like what I mentioned somewhere else in this forum before, Orihime have the potential to do better. Her character was one who used to try her best no matter how hard or impossible the task in front of her was. Such as the times where she defended Tatsuki. At first she was struggling because she had to face her best friend, but did that stop her? No she eventually overcame that obstacle and defeated the enemy. There was also the time when Ichigo was fighting Yammi. She was so desperately scared for Ichigo's life that she risked her safetly and rushed in to help him, but failed unfortunately. Or what about the time in Soul Society when she tried her hardest to fight Jidanbo's brother. I see these times as where she did try her best to her abilities.

The point I'm trying to make here is that those were times where she put her life on the line for her friends without thinking of consequenses like what Cellardoor said. I just wish that Orihime would do something other than be a spectator on the sidelines. IMHO Orihime has the highest potential for becoming a true heroine but as of now she hasn't shown any signs of being one.

Honey_and_Cleaver 2007-06-27 12:23

A guy once said, that he doesnt hate Orihime or love her. But all he wants is to do her.

Alea Misa 2007-06-27 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenex:
I want the cheerful Orihime back. Now people are starting to call her Emohime
I agree, I used to like Inoue's character, because I thought she was this sweet and bubbly girl, and I was fond of it cause it was cute. Then she started getting emotionally constipated with her "Kurosaki-kun", and her original goals disappeared, and she as a character is on a constant flux between dependency and her fears to resolve and independence. She asks and gets herself into situations that she doesn't even know how to handle. In any story, the enemy isn't going to give squat about how sad and scared a character is, they (as it was shown) will use it and manipulate.

I also used to sympathize with her, but she just started to get pitiful. I would like to see Inoue stand on her own for once, and phase out of that childish behavior. I would like her resolve to surpass her fears and her issues, and stop clinging onto others.
I'm sorry I'm just not fond of people who are like that.
Hopefully, she'll learn and heal herself.

Ichigo_Strife728 2007-06-28 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by evenex (Post 1013727)

That's in a fight, but in popularity she pwns Rukia. At least in that place...But it doesn't matter, cause that place is pretty idiotic.

Forever_young 2007-06-29 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichigo_Strife728 (Post 1016645)
That's in a fight, but in popularity she pwns Rukia. At least in that place...But it doesn't matter, cause that place is pretty idiotic.

No she doesn't. There are alot of anti Rukia's but there are waaaay more Rukia fanz than Orihime

Mr Hat and Clogs 2007-06-29 00:47

I don't mind her, she is OK, bit weak in attitude/spirit, so she may eventually have some sort of spiritual buff and grow some fangs, but if that doesn't happen I don't care either way.

(more Manga related)I guess I'd like to see her kinda crack in someway, embrace the dark side or something (lols, Dark Orihime), so many fun things she could do with her ability, and look good at it if she stayed in that costume. But thats prolly just as cliche/bad as what she is like now.

Arsanii 2007-07-09 08:44

Orihime's OK, but she's bugs me. She used to be this funny little hyper girl, but now she's just an annoying burden tagging after Kurosaki-kun. And her jealousy toward Rukia annoys me as well.

XxHaixX 2007-07-09 09:36

I like Inoue in the beginning.... But since the SS arc, i'm not sure anymore.... Her personality changed drastically... from the bubbly gal we all know and love, into such an emo....

I wan the old Inoue back!:mad:

solarknight123 2007-07-09 09:39

Yeah, i really don't like what the creator is doing with her character

BlackEspada 2007-07-09 23:49

I think shes a cool character, her ability to heal is very useful to the team. Its sometimes a relief to see her around.

razor886 2007-07-10 05:08

This is an Orihime thread but there seems 2 be a lot of bias Rukia fans :eyebrow:

Altima of the Gates 2007-07-10 15:07

To the people who say that Orihime lost her spirit:

I really have to disagree here. Back in the beginning of the story we see that Orihime was so called "bubbly" when it was plain to see she was battling with loneliness (yes she had Tatsuki, but Tatsuki is not a replacement for a lost family). Also, we are basing how she reacts to her surroundings by how other people are reacting to theirs. Orihime is NOT Rukia, she is NOT Ichigo, she is NOT Chad, she is NOT Ishida, etc.

Different individuals react to the same surroundings in different ways.
Again, while she seemed to be a happy-go-lucky character, much of that was a facade. For example,her so-called airheadness didn't hide the fact that she was an excellent student.

Also, people change, I mean, look at the personality change of Ichigo in the past 100 chapters. He is basically all over the place. So what if she is having a little "rainy season."

Meh. Well, no matter, in the end this is a popularity contest and not a real in depth look into character.

Rayne Kurai 2007-08-05 13:39

I can partially understand why everyone hates Orihime so much. There are so many different reasons that vary from her being weak and not being able to defend herself, leading to the conclusion that she's only in the way, to her being jealous of Rukia, who has countless fans.

I used to see Orihime as just one of those ditzy, big-boobied girls who can't understand what's going on the anime and make themselves look dumb in front of everyone. She's as feminine as she can get, unlike Rukia. Her personality is simple as she is: girly, feminine, a little ditzy, but strangely at the top of her class, having a little close to no fighting spirit or "instinct" to fight, etc. However, you can't help but see that her character gets a little complex as the series moves on.

Though she is cheerful and bubbly, numerous times Orihime betrayed that she is not happy with the fact that she cannot fight (or fight well) like her friends can. She sees herself as the girl who always ends up being in the way and she is at a loss of what to do. She is also very fond of Ichigo and I think that is what many people do not like about her: she is a potential blockade in the supposed blossoming, romantic relationship between Rukia and Ichigo (well, that what many fans seem to be so confident in)

I just cannot see a romantic side in Ichigo and Rukia's relationship. We all know that this relationship is the only thing that keeps the Bleach series alive. Without Rukia, Bleach is nonexistant. Rukia did change Ichigo's life, there is no mistaking that. They both care for each other and they make each other strong. However, I doubt that Ichigo would harbor romantic feelings for Rukia. It's more like a very close friend relationship.

On the other side, I will agree that Orihime goes into the overrated, "damsel-in-distress, can't fight for crap stereotype" and the "Ichigo coming as the knight in shining armor" is getting old. But, you never know. Bleach is done yet. Orihime could pull a fast one on all of us and does something really drastic like destroy the orb (don't know the proper spelling in Japanese) and fight the Espada (getting way over my head, now).

FlareKnight 2007-08-06 02:22

Ok I'd hope we're not going to take this as a pairing with Ichigo thread since that's just going out there since its' about just Inoue.

Haven't read manga so no clue how she's turning out in that regard. Seems she's really locked in on Ichigo and is dealing with issues surrounding how close him and Rukia are. Seems too much of her is being depressed about that pair and then dealing with her ability to fight. Do like the earlier energetic portion where her personality wasn't so focused on that. At the current point anyways I still like her character, just hope she doesn't get to such a state where her whole world is just Ichigo and whether she can or can not be with him.

Frankly I'd like her to just move on to Ishida but that's another point :).

zanar 2007-08-06 13:51

Where's the "I like her boobs" option? >.<

Ryuujin 2007-08-06 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by zanar (Post 1080835)
Where's the "I like her boobs" option? >.<

I guess that's what the "Other" choice is for :heh:

Thrillhouse 2007-08-07 05:27

absolutely no depth yet and boring in general, thats my reason. I always hoped it would be rukia and ichigo, it kinda pointed in that direction early in the series but not so much anymore.

I just voted not hating but not liking.