AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Happy Easter. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=11416)

Guts 2004-04-11 13:31

Happy Easter.

Have a happy easter, hope your enjoying today as much as I am.

SimplyEd 2004-04-11 13:34

Yes, Happy Easter to all of you, i've got my eggs right here with me^^

boneyjellyfish 2004-04-11 13:35

Yes, Happy Easter indeed! Let's all worship the pagan god of fertility Fria and scavenge around for the symbols of fertility, the rabbit and egg. While we're at it, let us also pray for a good mating ritual tonight.

Guts 2004-04-11 13:39

Ham & rootbeer, makes it all the better ed.

SimplyEd 2004-04-11 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godslayer Guts
Ham & rootbeer, makes it all the better ed.

Now you're talking^^ I think i'm off for a very nice feast tonight and i'll put some extra effort into the mating ritual,ne^^

Tzurial 2004-04-11 13:59

Can I put my college kid without a family rant here? Oh well, atleast it's not as depressing as eating a bag of chips for thanksgiving dinner. And who knows!! Maybe I'll make tonight special and order out a pizza! Who needs eggs and ham to have a good easter anyway!? Not me thats for sure!! ;_;

Roots 2004-04-11 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzurial
Can I put my college kid without a family rant here? Oh well, atleast it's not as depressing as eating a bag of chips for thanksgiving dinner. And who knows!! Maybe I'll make tonight special and order out a pizza! Who needs eggs and ham to have a good easter anyway!? Not me thats for sure!! ;_;

Heck yeah! I'm in the same boat Tzurial. I was thinking about going to go to a $6.25 all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet tonight. I'm spending today grading a stack of over 100 papers, doing homework, writing an essay, e-mailing professors at my future grad school, and applying for some internship jobs. I've got a to do list with 12 items, each which will take me at least one hour to complete. Looks like I'm not sleeping tonight...:twitch:

mantidor 2004-04-11 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Yes, Happy Easter indeed! Let's all worship the pagan god of fertility Fria and scavenge around for the symbols of fertility, the rabbit and egg. While we're at it, let us also pray for a good mating ritual tonight.

thats so true, here we just pray, pray and then PRAY more, that egg thing is just creepy for me, anyway happy eastern!

a little informative list of what we do here in Colombia

This whole week is the hollyweek "semana santa", that means vacations for everyone!! in shchools is usually the whole week, but oficcially only from thursday to sunday is a rest day.

The sunday ( not this but seven days ago) is the "domingo de ramos" everyone buys a hand made bouquet of palm leaves, actually there is a campain to stop the use of this palm tree (is a very special one, i forgot the name) because is a species in danger.

I don't know very much about what all catholics do, here in thursday catholics usually do the visit of the monuments, you go to seven different churches and pray, if you live in a small town with only one church (like my dad when he was a kid) you enter the church and exit it seven times!

there is a mass sevice at midnight, but im not sure if is on thursday or friday.

The friday almost everyone close their business, especially at three o'clock, which is the time when supposdly jesus died, at that point, no church play their bells, everyone use a "matraca" wich is like a device to make an annoying sound, very aprecciated around here, (i hate it though).

The other days you just pray a lot if you are a true catholic or just spend the free time playing games (like me and my brother ;))

Evilbunny 2004-04-11 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tzurial
who knows!! Maybe I'll make tonight special and order out a pizza!

i wish i could have a pizza. Unfortunatly it's still passover. :sad:

boneyjellyfish 2004-04-11 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilbunny

That's what Wonderbread is for. It looks like bread, it almost tastes like bread, but it's not actually bread! Just slap some tomato sauce and cheese on a few slices, put 'em in the oven for a few minutes, and BAM! Unleavened bread pizza.

Tzurial 2004-04-11 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilbunny

I'd take matzah bread over pizza anyday!

wnkryo 2004-04-11 15:11

Am I the only one who has to work for easter break? =[

SiL Eighty 2004-04-11 15:30

I think I'll celebrate Easter by having a nicely cooked tender rabbit, a crossant, some steamed veggies, maybe a side of Duck, Mash potatoes, Cranberry Relish, and a good 'ol Captain Morgans and Coke *aka 'CapnCoke*

RichMan 2004-04-11 15:40

Why are chocolate bunnys hollow?

I don't care much for those much. I really like the "Peeps."

Roots 2004-04-11 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichMan
Why are chocolate bunnys hollow?

Because if they weren't hollow, then it would cost much more to produce. Having them hollow gives the consumer the illusion that they will be paying for an entire bunny, when the are actually paying for much less. God damn evil business practices! Those that violate the sacredness of the chocolate bunnies will be turned into Peeps! MWAHAHAHAHA :twitch:

Slade xTekno 2004-04-11 16:04

Hmm. My church was so crowded that they had to open the doors to the main chapel and set up chairs outside those in order to accomidate everyone [did I spell that right?]. This was not including the extra chairs set up behind the pews. The choir's chairs were empty, but we couldn't use those for some reason...
I sat outside in hopes that I could open up a spot inside for someone who comes to church rarely. I saw over 50 people leave because it was so packed. Sort of sad...

OutPhase 2004-04-11 16:29

What Easter is:
1. A week off from school.
2. Staying up late.
3. Sleeping in late.

Oh, and also the resurrectionof our Lord. Yes..... that. *Shifty eyes*

Slade xTekno 2004-04-11 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
What Easter is:
1. A week off from school.
2. Staying up late.
3. Sleeping in late.

Oh, and also the resurrectionof our Lord. Yes..... that. *Shifty eyes*

Lol, razer. Sad, but true.
My sleep cycle is still off due to an overnight LAN party [from 10p - 6a]. Joy...[/groggy]

Roots 2004-04-11 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
Hmm. My church was so crowded that they had to open the doors to the main chapel and set up chairs outside those in order to accomidate everyone [did I spell that right?]. This was not including the extra chairs set up behind the pews. The choir's chairs were empty, but we couldn't use those for some reason...
I sat outside in hopes that I could open up a spot inside for someone who comes to church rarely. I saw over 50 people leave because it was so packed. Sort of sad...

Sounds like my psychology class whenever there is an exam :D

ShadowX114 2004-04-11 18:10

Isn't it great of having Easter at the same day as my b-day??!! :D I got a big choclate egg and its mine...ALL MINE!! :D