AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Chapter 338 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41862)

Sazelyt 2007-01-19 08:28

[Manga] Chapter 338 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Although it has been discussed heavily in the previous chapter thread, it is better to continue the discussion here, since the raw and translation is already out.

A very short summary:

Greetings from Naruto and co, towards Kakashi and co. Kakashi summons Pakkun and Sai and Sakura are asked to follow him to reach Shikamaru. Naruto, on the other hand, throws himself to the front line and gets ready to face Kakuzu with his classic cloning move. Shika, when about to get bitten by Hidan, counterattacks and traps Hidan by causing him to get tied by the ropes carrying paper bombs. Shika then opens up a hole under Hidan, which was set up earlier. They talk and Shika recalls his memories regarding Asuma. He picks up the cigarette from the ground, lights it, and throws it towards a frightened Hidan. The chapter ends with Shika standing in front of a big explosion.

A few notes from the chapter:

Naruto's jutsu is only half complete. However, Yamato srongly urges us to not miss the next chapter to observe Naruto's heroics.

The place where Hidan and Shikamaru were fighting is a sacred place for the Nara clan (Shikamaru's clan). And, the hole that was opened under Hidan was set up beforehand by Shikamaru as part of his fighting plan.

Syaoran 2007-01-19 08:37

Lol Sazelyt.
Good thing I'm refreshed the Naruto forum, or there would have been 2 topics ^^' But like the last few times, I'd be begging for a summary instead of making one of my own.
Next week is the last week of exams and I'll probably be able to write them again \(^_^)/

That's 3 chapters behind for me now

naruto89 2007-01-19 08:43

dont u find the sacred nara ground abit too convenient

Sazelyt 2007-01-19 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syaoran (Post 805537)
Lol Sazelyt.
Good thing I'm refreshed the Naruto forum, or there would have been 2 topics ^^'

Then you barely missed the deadline for my patiently waiting. Hopefully, next week you can take the wheel.

Justice Knight 2007-01-19 09:14

hidan is going to die so sooooooon? Sadly that this chapter doesnt have any fights ,but next chap is a must-see chapter.

0TaKu0 2007-01-19 09:15

Wow, awesome chapter, I felt great just reading it. Well, as most of us assumed, Shikamaru was playing possum, none the less was that the first "Spiritual" experience in Naruto? (Meaning, when Shikamaru speaks to Asuma) or Was it real? with the way the smoke took the form of Asuma it sure looked real.

There is only two things that come to mind,

"Yamato: Just watch please. He’s a completely different person than before!" Does this indicate that Naruto can do more with his new found wind chakra then just the jutsu? I am eager to see what he can do, and Naruto vs Kakuzu.

and

Zetsu, while Shikamaru said that only the Nara clan watches over this land and is allowed there, and they will watch over Hidan's buried pieces forever, I don’t think it will end so easily.

Mainly because of this,

1. We still don’t know what Hidan is really about, who he is, what his abilities are, and I am also reminded of Kakuzu "Immortality, there is no such thing!". So what is Hidan’s trick, all of that has not yet been reviled, so I honestly don’t think its over yet.

2. If indeed Hidan's body explodes in to pieces, falls in to the hole, and Shikamaru closes it. What about zetsu? He is able travel through the ground, I'm sure he is near by watching the whole thing if not at least the leader will dispatch him once he contact's Hidan using telepathy, so he can just bring Hidan's pieces back, so Hidan can be "fixed".

Heh, I kind of felt bad for Hidan that look on his face when the blood was coming out his mouth (right after the hole opens up) made he kind of sad, and I felt bad LOL. He also made that look in an earlier chapter heh. In any case, those are my questions that remain.

As for my predictions like I said, its not over at least I don’t think it can be... unless Kishimoto wants to keep Hidan a mystery, but why would he do that I cant remember a single shinobi whose methods, jutsu's, and secrets were not explained over a series of chapters.

Luminion Lancer 2007-01-19 09:26

-Well Hidan is officially the Akatsuki Punching bag. Out of all the Akatsuki members out there he has got to be the one that has taken the largest amount of hits. Seriously, how many exploding tags did he get hit with just now? 40? Somehow I pity the guy. Being immortal must be a real pain in the arse (literally) when you just cannot die and yet you still feel pain.

-Aside from that I am more interested as to what "changes" Naruto has undervent. It's got to be something quite impressive on it's own considering they were mentioned by Yamato, a guy that has so far had little hope in Naruto's abilities. I am eager to see just what he meant by them. Kakuzu is officially screwed.

Syaoran 2007-01-19 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sazelyt (Post 805546)
Then you barely missed the deadline for my patiently waiting. Hopefully, next week you can take the wheel.

Next week will still be yours :)
I can start the week of the 29th, wich is a small vacation week, where I don't have to do much at all \(^ ^)/ except a kanji aptitude test for the embassy, but that's because I'm curious to know what it's like.

Kotengu 2007-01-19 09:54

Well before when Naruto would go mass kagebushin he would still suck and get owned by a good taijutsu user (sasuke, kimmimaru, neji). But if he's been training for like 100 years worth of time hopfully his overall skills have improved as well as just his focus on the new rasengan. OR maybe they'll just have him use the bushins to figure out stuff more then follow up on the weakness with the new rasengan.

Luminion Lancer 2007-01-19 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotengu (Post 805588)
Well before when Naruto would go mass kagebushin he would still suck and get owned by a good taijutsu user (sasuke, kimmimaru, neji). But if he's been training for like 100 years worth of time hopfully his overall skills have improved as well as just his focus on the new rasengan. OR maybe they'll just have him use the bushins to figure out stuff more then follow up on the weakness with the new rasengan.

-Well if you recall on that last panel before the scene shifts towards Shikamaru, Naruto was in fact preparing to use Kage Bunshin no jutsu. For what purpose however I cannot be certain yet. Seeing as how Yamato referred to him as "changed" I would hope that he's using it to attack Kakuzu, have the Bunshin(s) get owned by one of Kakuzu's attack and then have them relay the information back. That way Naruto can look for an opening.

Sabaku Kyu 2007-01-19 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0TaKu0 (Post 805566)
Wow, awesome chapter, I felt great just reading it. Well, as most of us assumed, Shikamaru was playing possum, none the less was that the first "Spiritual" experience in Naruto? (Meaning, when Shikamaru speaks to Asuma) or Was it real? with the way the smoke took the form of Asuma it sure looked real.

It might've been just Shikamaru remembering his sensei, but I'd like to think that Asuma's presence was there and that he was proud of Shika *sniff*. Sometimes it seemed like Gaara could feel the presence of his dead mother, but that might've just been the insanity and he was really talking about the Shukaku. In any case, I wouldn't expect Asuma to become Shika's Obi-Wan, appearing in a bubble everytime Shika needs advice.

Quote:

There is only two things that come to mind,

"Yamato: Just watch please. He’s a completely different person than before!" Does this indicate that Naruto can do more with his new found wind chakra then just the jutsu? I am eager to see what he can do, and Naruto vs Kakuzu.

Same here. I'm not sure how half-completing one technique can suddenly make him go up against someone who could match the 1st Hokage. But he did learn a lot about chakra control. And Naruto is a one man army with all those bunshin.

Quote:

Zetsu, while Shikamaru said that only the Nara clan watches over this land and is allowed there, and they will watch over Hidan's buried pieces forever, I don’t think it will end so easily.

Mainly because of this,

1. We still don’t know what Hidan is really about, who he is, what his abilities are, and I am also reminded of Kakuzu "Immortality, there is no such thing!". So what is Hidan’s trick, all of that has not yet been reviled, so I honestly don’t think its over yet.

2. If indeed Hidan's body explodes in to pieces, falls in to the hole, and Shikamaru closes it. What about zetsu? He is able travel through the ground, I'm sure he is near by watching the whole thing if not at least the leader will dispatch him once he contact's Hidan using telepathy, so he can just bring Hidan's pieces back, so Hidan can be "fixed".

Heh, I kind of felt bad for Hidan that look on his face when the blood was coming out his mouth (right after the hole opens up) made he kind of sad, and I felt bad LOL. He also made that look in an earlier chapter heh. In any case, those are my questions that remain.

As for my predictions like I said, its not over at least I don’t think it can be... unless Kishimoto wants to keep Hidan a mystery, but why would he do that I cant remember a single shinobi whose methods, jutsu's, and secrets were not explained over a series of chapters.
I think we've seen all there is to Hidan. I'd wish they'd explain more about the Jashin cult and his powers but I think this it for him. It's a matter of vengence after all. A lot of people didn't think Sasori was done for either (he still had two unused puppet scrolls on his back) but he was replaced by Tobi soon after. Kakuzu's comment about immortality probably just meant that nobody is naturally immortal and it has to be emulated through some artificial means. Besides, even if Zetsu does have the ability to recover Hidan's pieces, will Akatsuki really go through the trouble? After all, if he's been fooled twice into being defeated and now that everyone will know his 'trick', he loses his effectiveness. Furthermore, if Kakuzu dies in this battle, there will be no one to sew his body back together. What good does a dismembered body do Akatsuki? Of couse, if Hidan's body somehow remained intact...

yinstro 2007-01-19 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by naruto89 (Post 805544)
dont u find the sacred nara ground abit too convenient

not really, he fleed with him and lead him to a place of his choosing that he already set up. Also when he found out where they were he decided his team was the best option. we already knew they were in konoha, its already been stated that nara clan has its own territory where they have special animals, and in a ninja clan makes sense to have traps.

you guys have to remember this is a ninja story, ninja are all about preparation, and its a story, they arent going to show you everything ahead of time, from the time he seperated from the teams it was obvious he had him in a trap, the extent of the trap and how far he planned ahead, and what tools he was using was unknown. This is really shikamaru's way of fighting to use his soroundings and knowledge to trap his opponent.
some call it deus ex, or convienent when it is really totally logical and consistent with the chr of teh fighters involved.

Sasuke_Akatsuki 2007-01-19 10:37

I hope Shikamaru dies of lung cancer...i don't hate the guy or anything, he's just an ass

kikko_s 2007-01-19 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasuke_Akatsuki (Post 805614)
I hope Shikamaru dies of lung cancer...i don't hate the guy or anything, he's just an ass

Yeah...if by that you mean he's a totall badass. Took on an Akatsuki pretty much by himself.

Eleutheria 2007-01-19 10:49

Well, cynically, since Sai and Sakura are on their way to Shikamaru, it'd be a shame if there was nothing left for them to attack/heal, right?

There'll probably be some bs like "explosions heal Hidan to full" or something next chapter.

EDIT: above posters say spiritual experience, I say newtype experience.

Luminion Lancer 2007-01-19 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasuke_Akatsuki (Post 805614)

-And this, ladies and gentlemen is the full extent of a Sasuke-fanboy's reasoning, in all it's glory. They wouldn't recognise a moment that defines awesome if it came up and bit them in the spot where the Sun don't shine.

-Shikamaru has now become like Chuck Noris. Not even Kishimoto Masashi, his creator, could erase him now :heh:.

ajay29 2007-01-19 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleutheria (Post 805629)
Well, cynically, since Sai and Sakura are on their way to Shikamaru, it'd be a shame if there was nothing left for them to attack/heal, right?

There'll probably be some bs like "explosions heal Hidan to full" or something next chapter.

I agree, theres got to be some reason for sending Sak n Sai to Shika, and i actually liked Hidan, i thought he was (is?) badass and his attitude gave a welcome contrast to the seriousness of the the other Akatsukians...
Still, if he dies then i want Zetsu to show up...followed by Shino.....

Soulnin 2007-01-19 11:54

I doubt anyone will let Naruto go up against Kakuzu alone! Still it will definately be interesting to see what he's got now.

Maybe once Hidan's situation has been revealed we'll finally see Sai fight for real.

Rahan 2007-01-19 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleutheria (Post 805629)

Yes, we still have to see what Sai can do. He has been introduced 1 years ago and has yet to fight for real.

When you think about it, "Fell in a hole full of explosives tags" is just too ridiculous to cause the death of an Akatsukian.

yinstro 2007-01-19 12:33

i agree that teh fight may not be over, brilliant move but sending sakura and sai implies more action. As well hidan not seeming to get to the super ninja magic level, maybe he ll summon bijuu or something. its posssible sai and sakura would just come to say hello, then run back to naruto, seems unlikely though