AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Rome II: Total War (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=113078)

Theo 2012-07-03 01:53

Rome II: Total War

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2177/rome2logo2.png

Trailer

Gameplay and features

Dev interview

Veni.

Destined_Fate 2012-07-03 01:56

Well it was bound to happen. Fans have been dying for one since the game was released. Empires and the such just didn't have that feel to it... Shogun 2 was kinda cool but it had issues. Though I blame Shogun 2 for the renewed demands for a Rome 2.

Regardless I'll need to get a new rig to play it...

Tiresias 2012-07-03 02:26

Rome II

Hah, called it!

...and now I'm disappointed, since while it's pretty obvious that of the early three Rome is the only one without a sequel I still prefer Medieval III or Renaissance: Total War or something

MakubeX2 2012-07-03 04:59

Where's my Ghengis Khan Total War ?

NoemiChan 2012-07-03 08:31

What the hell was that video?! Was that a joke?

Pocari_Sweat 2012-07-03 08:43

Holy shit. The best Total War Game (imo), gets a sequel. Seriously, there was a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference in gameplay (particularily the world map) between Medieval Total War and Rome Total War. It was as if it was a totally different game. Medieval II Total War was actually just Rome Total War with a few bits changed and added.

Huzzah! I'm buying this at launch.

Hooves 2012-07-03 09:33

This has been anticipated for years by the fanbase. But

OOOOOOOH SAINT ROMANO YEEEEEEES!

a3jay14 2012-07-04 04:19

Saw 2 screenshots of rome 2 and it was beautiful, can't wait for the actual gameplay

syke123 2012-07-04 21:58

The trailer gave you the impression that it was set after the Augustus reforms yet they announced in an interview that it will include both cleopatra and caesar as historical characters, I really am skeptical as to how they'll shape roman politics into something presentable.

Tiresias 2012-07-04 23:32

The original Rome was never historically accurate, either. Remember the Egyptians? Their units look like something out of Ten Commandments even though it was after Alexander's conquest.

Destined_Fate 2012-07-04 23:50

That's why we were blessed that Rome: TW had a very strong mod base. Though it's a shame that as new games come out they become more and more closed off to the modding community.

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2012-07-05 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresias (Post 4238502)
The original Rome was never historically accurate, either. Remember the Egyptians? Their units look like something out of Ten Commandments even though it was after Alexander's conquest.

The interviews suggest that there will be no attempt to recreate the Ancient Rome events historically. Instead, there would be special scenarios that occur as you play, and they would neither be historically identical nor would they be the same each time you encounter them. As such, the story would have some random elements in them. So this isn't a historical re-creation, and you wouldn't be able to predict what the game would do by looking up the plot on Wiki.

NoemiChan 2012-07-05 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresias (Post 4238502)

I worshipped RTW because of the gameplay... Huge armies doesn't mean sure victory...:)

Tiresias 2012-07-05 06:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant (Post 4238866)
The interviews suggest that there will be no attempt to recreate the Ancient Rome events historically.

Yes, I know, that's my point. It's futile to expect things to stay faithful to history, whether it be unit design and formation or historical events, when the developers never do such things in the original RTW. And Medieval 2. And Empire. And Shogun 2.

Not that it matters much. I expect Total Realism mods to pop out about six months after release anyway :p

syke123 2012-07-05 20:18

It would be horrendous not to invest the time to make the game mod friendly but adding complete control over the meshes and that of the campaign map just like in rome will without doubt impact sales on their planned expansions. Keeping their future investments in mind I doubt they'll make modding anything more extravagant than it was in Napoleon.

SoldierOfDarkness 2012-07-05 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant (Post 4238866)
The interviews suggest that there will be no attempt to recreate the Ancient Rome events historically. Instead, there would be special scenarios that occur as you play, and they would neither be historically identical nor would they be the same each time you encounter them. As such, the story would have some random elements in them. So this isn't a historical re-creation, and you wouldn't be able to predict what the game would do by looking up the plot on Wiki.

In all fairness killing a butterfly in the past can have dramatic effects on the future.:heh:

And this game's whole purpose for us is to change history by either taking the Roman empire to different heights or conquering the world as the Carthagians so it's impossible for them to replicate historical events.

They could probably do the major ones like the Marius reforms and such but it'll have to be pick and choose.

Theo 2012-07-06 00:03

New gameplay info

Welp, pigs on fire might return as well as more historically accurate stuff.

Destined_Fate 2012-07-06 01:40

Think this'll improve non-war stuff? Would be nice if we could more effectively drop the plague on other cities or used plagued soldiers as suiciders to spread the plague to enemy forces. At least that way the pkagued ones can do Rome one final honor before their untimely demise.

MrTerrorist 2012-09-11 09:46

Total War: Rome 2 screenshots show close combat on the streets of Carthage

NoemiChan 2012-09-11 09:52

A new reason to buy a new PC.. This will leave my netbook hanging... LOLS