AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fate/ Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121423)

Kairin 2013-08-16 20:06

Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fate/kaleid liner PRISMA☆ILLYA, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kanon 2013-08-17 11:23

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Maid status: raped

A certain other Type-moon protagonist would approve.

The pace was pretty fast this week. There are 3 episodes left and three chapters (+the epilogue) left to adapt. Either they will extend parts or we will get a 2wei preview.

I noticed they added additional drama. I don't recall Miyu saying such harsh words to Illya after the battle with Assassin. This actually bothers me as this might affect people's perception of Miyu and her characterization.

Requiem-x 2013-08-17 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4796733)
I noticed they added additional drama. I don't recall Miyu saying such harsh words to Illya after the battle with Assassin. This actually bothers me as this might people's perception of Miyu and her characterization.

It sure does.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

It really does seem like it will be getting something else, since there isn't much material left. Hopefully a preview, as you mentioned. In the meantime, if memory serves right, we should be having a very special guest making an appearance next week :love::love::love:

Kanon 2013-08-17 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Requiem-x (Post 4796831)
It sure does.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

She basically told her it was entirely her fault they almost all got killed and that she never wanted to fight by her side again. She didn't mince her words either... she was as hurtful as she possibly could. I know she's saying that in order to keep Illya away from future danger, but that's not something I imagined Miyu would say when I was reading the manga. This was unnecessary. This is supposed to be Illya's issue alone, we didn't need Miyu to pour salt on her wounds, no matter what her intentions were.

Shadow5YA 2013-08-17 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4796733)
I noticed they added additional drama. I don't recall Miyu saying such harsh words to Illya after the battle with Assassin. This actually bothers me as this might affect people's perception of Miyu and her characterization.

This bothers me as well, because I'm pretty sure Miyu is supposed to be very supportive of Ilya past the Saber fight and would accept any decision she makes.

Myssa Rei 2013-08-17 18:42

Spoiler for manga comparison:

The Green One 2013-08-17 21:36

I think most of us are going to need to wait for subs to fully understand Miyu's little speech at the end there. If she said something harsh to Illya, you can tell by looking at Miyu it hurt her to say it. She wasn't being mean to be mean. But still, reason or not that was a little harsh, Illya just had a rather scary near death experience. Not to mention the revelations about her inner powers clearly freaking her out.

So only three episodes left? Unless they add some anime original filler, we might fringe a little into 2wei.

Shadow5YA 2013-08-18 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myssa Rei (Post 4797158)

No she didn't.

Lumine 2013-08-18 21:35

I never though I'll see Ilya trying to rape another girl....

jeroz 2013-08-19 03:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumine (Post 4798520)
I never though I'll see Ilya trying to rape another girl....

Have you not take a look at that delicious Miyu in Maid outf--

Enternal 2013-08-19 18:01

I don't know if it's me only but that maid uniform did nothing to me. What completely turned it all around was how Miyu was acting. Basically:

*Miyu in meido uniform
Me: ......
*Miyu all shy and embarassed and how she talked with tears in her eyes
:love::love::love::love::love: HHHNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHHH

All in all though, Illya scares me with that scene. Can't believe how she really went for it.

jeroz 2013-08-19 18:54

The uke has to show some dominance first so that it is more tasteful

Avatar of Dreams 2013-08-19 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green One (Post 4797310)
I think most of us are going to need to wait for subs to fully understand Miyu's little speech at the end there. If she said something harsh to Illya, you can tell by looking at Miyu it hurt her to say it. She wasn't being mean to be mean. But still, reason or not that was a little harsh, Illya just had a rather scary near death experience. Not to mention the revelations about her inner powers clearly freaking her out.

I'll translate Miyu's speech:

Miyu: That was dangerous.
Ilya: I-I'm sorr–
Miyu: If my barrier hadn't been quick enough Luvia-san, Rin-san, and I would have...
Ilya: But I was thinking...everyone will die if I don't...
Miyu: And this is the result. One mistake and everyone would have died...because of you.
Rin: Hey, wait!
Ilya: But...
Miyu: In the beginning you were the one who was wounded, you were the one who lost the ability to move.
Miyu: You brought that mistake upon yourself, released all of that magical energy, and put everyone in danger.
Ilya: That's...
Miyu: In the end the enemy was defeated but if you weren't here to begin with, this danger wouldn't have happened.
Miyu: I've had enough. I don't want to fight together ever again.

Random Wanderer 2013-08-19 20:52

...That about as out-of-character a speech as anyone could ever come up with for Miyu in that situation. It is most certainly the last thing she would think of saying.

jeroz 2013-08-19 23:10

Perhaps that was intentional in narrative sense?

The Green One 2013-08-19 23:49

During the fiasco with Saber Alter as Illya was having her emotional breakdown, Miyu was silently watching her with mounting concern. The mounting stress and pain making Illya withdraw into herself, brokenly muttering, "I want to go home..."

Miyu is clearly putting on a front trying to push Illya, her first friend, away from the front lines of the fighting that's causing such pain and hardship for her because she can't stand seeing what its doing to Illya.

Of course Illya doesn't get this right now and is reacting as one would expect a little girl would react to her newly minted friend doing an about face and "turning" on her. Miyu was intentionally being mean to protect Illya. Just may not of been the best way to go about it....

Enternal 2013-08-20 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green One (Post 4799987)
During the fiasco with Saber Alter as Illya was having her emotional breakdown, Miyu was silently watching her with mounting concern. The mounting stress and pain making Illya withdraw into herself, brokenly muttering, "I want to go home..."

Miyu is clearly putting on a front trying to push Illya, her first friend, away from the front lines of the fighting that's causing such pain and hardship for her because she can't stand seeing what its doing to Illya.

Of course Illya doesn't get this right now and is reacting as one would expect a little girl would react to her newly minted friend doing an about face and "turning" on her. Miyu was intentionally being mean to protect Illya. Just may not of been the best way to go about it....

Exactly what I was thinking. Miyu definitely cares for Illya and that also showed when she personally carried Illya home. However not the best of going about it like you said.

On the other hand, somehow I'm afraid that there will be watchers who don't get this and will start... hating Miyu. I see these type of problems with watchers all the time whether it's games or anime or manga lol.

FlareKnight 2013-08-20 00:47

Certainly not the best way that Miyu could deal with the situation. But at the same time I'm hardly surprised to see her make this kind of error. We don't know a ton about her background at this point, but saw enough of her first days in class to see she's not a social creature.

Not that it's good to say things like that, but that was probably the best Miyu could come up with to reach her intention. Trying to push Illya away from the fighting, but just not being very good at doing that without it sounding like she's a jerk.

Even with how things turned out could see Miyu as feeling like Illya being upset is far better than her being killed or feeling the guilt of killing someone if she loses control.

Shadow5YA 2013-08-20 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Green One (Post 4799987)

Ilya can go home out of her own will without Miyu pushing her away. Miyu's extra lines just make her look like the bad guy when Ilya is the one choosing to abandon an ally.

O_Gabe 2013-08-22 23:40

How long does it take for an episode to be subbed?