AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hyouka (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Hyouka - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=112485)

Kairin 2012-05-26 10:43

Hyouka - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hyouka, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

ultimatemegax 2012-05-26 11:22

Episode 6, To commit a serious crime details:
Spoiler for summary from KyoAni site:

Script: Maiko Nishioka (Scriptwriter for Nichijou episodes 6, 8, 17, and 22)
Storyboards/Director: Kazuya Sakamoto (Directed several episodes of Clannad After Story, K-On!, Nichijou and did the key animation for the Hyouka ED)
Animation Director: Hiroyuki Takahashi (Did many key animations for KyoAni and Doraemon/Shin-chan movies. Animation Director in several KyoAni works (and also designed the music instruments in K-On!) that would be too many to list here)

rulfo 2012-05-27 11:50

Oh KyoAni... You and your pen tricks...

This episode was pretty entertaining(subtly hilarious in a way).

So we really will get two filler episodes?

lightbringer 2012-05-27 17:18

This episode was kind of funny (Chitenshi blob FTW) but ultimately NOTING HAPPENED. Oreki sums it up nicely at the end: "one more day wasted".

FlareKnight 2012-05-27 19:18

The army of little Chitandas swarming Houtarou was pretty hilarious :heh:. His visualization of her pushing him for answers is always pretty entertaining. Though also enjoyed him viewing her as an angel when he thought she had some degree of energy conservation :). Thought he found a soul mate there.

But really it wasn't a bad episode and over before I knew it. Just a day spent chatting and figuring out a little mystery. Just the fun times of Houtarou stepping on a landmine that caused Chitanda to ask him to figure something out for her.

Really do think the visuals just make the series all the more entertaining. Liked the part at the end with the real clash between Chitanda's side of the screen being bright and Houtarou's being all greyed out.

leokiko 2012-05-27 19:44

Kinda dull episode. Chitanda trying to break off their fight was hilarious though.

orion 2012-05-27 19:53

Oreki better watch out. Wondering about what makes Eru happy is the first step to falling in love. :heh:

Arturia Polaris 2012-05-27 19:56

I love how KyoAni takes any moment to show off. Evidence is the pencil scene at the start... love it.

Arturia

ars89 2012-05-27 19:58

So Houtarou finally realized that Chitanda is his angel. Favorite part was the little angel Chitandas. I was actually a little confused when he said you could mix A and D.

Pen3 2012-05-27 20:08

No Tomoe means average episode

FlareKnight 2012-05-27 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 4179423)
Oreki better watch out. Wondering about what makes Eru happy is the first step to falling in love. :heh:

Think he's too far on that road already to turn himself around now ;). Besides probably not a good sign to be seeing her visualized as an angel a few times.

GMT 2012-05-27 20:21

In this episode . . .

Pure hilarity, unfettered by anything resembling a real plot. Houtarou sees that he's about to be swallowed whole by an episode of K-ON! and tries to flee but . . . all glory to the HYPNOTOAD . . . where was I? Oh yeah, Houtarou solves the mystery of the week by demonstrating what happens when all your students are just more bricks in the wall, and you have terrible handwriting.

In the end, it felt sorta like one of the slower episodes of K-ON!! But hey, I like K-ON!, so that's fine by me. 7/10

rulfo 2012-05-27 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 4179423)

dats the pt. :heh:

orion 2012-05-27 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 4179434)
So Houtarou finally realized that Chitanda is his angel. Favorite part was the little angel Chitandas. I was actually a little confused when he said you could mix A and D.

That's what happens with using lower case letters to distinguish classes when you're suppose to use upper case letters. It's called horrible handwriting skills. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlareKnight (Post 4179452)
Think he's too far on that road already to turn himself around now ;). Besides probably not a good sign to be seeing her visualized as an angel a few times.

He can also distinguish her voice from the back of the next classroom. The ship is sailing...

ThereminVox 2012-05-27 20:50

I'd like to fault the episode for its weak premise, but the 20 minutes still flew by. Hyouka is very good at staying on the right side of the line between laid-back and stagnant. The forward momentum never stops, so you barely notice the slower pace.

Most weeks it's Mayaka who mugs for the camera and shows off the lively expressions. She's still animated this week, but Chitanda stole the show. Her childish little flail-fest at Oreki to help her break up the "fight" (if you can call it that) actually made me burst out laughing. She's a troublesome albatross around his neck to be sure; she just keeps escalating her insistence at dragging him into whatever she's doing until he realizes she's completely indefatigable, and gives in. Watching her lunge across the table to crane her neck around his book and give him the hypno-eyes was both obnoxious and endearing. It was so... rude. :heh: I love it.

I do enjoy how Satoshi and Mayaka talk about him like he isn't there.

orion 2012-05-27 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThereminVox (Post 4179515)
Most weeks it's Mayaka who mugs for the camera and shows off the lively expressions. She's still animated this week, but Chitanda stole the show. Her childish little flail-fest at Oreki to help her break up the "fight" (if you can call it that) actually made me burst out laughing..

A character in K-On also did that, but I can't remember who. :confused:

blakstealth 2012-05-27 20:59

I absolutely love it when Chitanda's eyes get more purple and inch closer and closer to Houtarou's face. :3

And in the beginning when she was jumping up and down and mouthing stuff to Houtarou to stop Mayaka...good lord, so adorable.

zeniselv 2012-05-27 21:03

very dull episode, past episode were meking very interested but this one dropped my interest, it kinda feeled like a yamakan work or some episodes of nichijou.

tsunade666 2012-05-27 21:23

little chi-chan and angel chi-chan are both adorable. Good and calm episode. I always favor this type of show with a slice of life without outrageous comedy is a great way to calm my heart.

Flawfinder 2012-05-27 22:09

This was the first episode I watched where the low substance couldn't be fully covered, no matter how stylish it got. Still liked it, but don't do this episode again, Hyouka. Please?