AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Tales of... (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Tales of... General News Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121407)

Chaos2Frozen 2013-08-13 07:30

Tales of... General News Thread

Namco Bandai trademarks Tales of Link, Jin, and Ansis

Quote:

After spotting trademarks for last month’s “Tales of Zestoria,” “Tales of Creales,” and “Tales of Castora,” as well as this month’s “Tales of Zestiria” and “Tales of Zestias,” three more Tales-related trademarks have surfaced in Japan.

Namco Bandai secured the names “Tales of Link,” “Tales of Jin,” and “Tales of Ansis.”
Talk about misdirection overkill :eyespin:

*Mod edit:

Use this thread to discuss any news that doesn't fit into any of the existing topics. Speculation about future titles, interviews with the staff, etc. Do not post anything related to the Tales of Festival event here, use the corresponding thread for that.

Frailty 2013-08-20 08:56

The new trademarks are pretty weak in terms of title. They sound like they're gonna be something for handhelds or smartphones :heh:
maybe that's just me

The other 3 from the last batch are more viable mothership titles. At least in my opinion

Frailty 2013-08-22 05:12

doublepost

more tales of... trademarks

Tales of Memories, Tales of Bibliotheca and Tales of Favorite

source: http://www.abyssalchronicles.com/?fn...nts&fn_id=1137

I wonder why Namco Bandai keeps on trademarking tales titles but they become unused. I can't wait for their new mothership title to come out. Hopefully, we'll see something on TGS2013

Chaos2Frozen 2013-08-22 05:15

I think that's a lot of misdirection for just one game... In the past there wasn't more than like 4-5 trademarks for one game... So does it mean they're planning multiple titles along with the new flagship?

Is it too early to hope for an announcement at TGC :heh: ?

MeoTwister5 2013-08-22 05:26

If they keep doing this eventually the coveted meaning in the actual name of the game after the "of" just gets lost.

Frailty 2013-08-23 09:53

Namco Bandai's lineup for TGS 2013
link: http://gematsu.com/2013/08/namco-ban...gs-2013-lineup

hopefully the "And more..." pertains to an announcement about a new Tales game

Chaos2Frozen 2013-08-23 09:57

I might be getting ahead of myself, but with Xillia 2 confirmed even before Xillia 1 was out in NA, as well as Symphonia having dual audio, might we finally see a simultaneous Tales game release world wide :eyespin: ?

GDB 2013-08-23 10:13

That's their goal. Either same time or nearly same time, like Symphonia HD.

Frailty 2013-08-26 04:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 4803681)
That's their goal. Either same time or nearly same time, like Symphonia HD.

that's not the case for Symphonia HD though
Symphonia HD comes out at October, this year in Japan. While it'll be released next year for the western release. IIRC, Feb 2014

It isn't as long as the previous western releases but I think that's because Symphonia already has a translation in the first place

GDB 2013-08-26 09:03

Less than 6 months is a near simultaneous release, especially when previously the gap was around 2-4 years.

Frailty 2013-08-26 21:33

Tales of Link announced for smartphones

source: http://gematsu.com/2013/08/tales-of-...or-smartphones

well, at least it's not a mothership title. Unlike Breath of Fire 6 >_>

kuroishinigami 2013-08-26 21:39

Lol, tales mothership title is not numbered like BoF title, so for all we know, this might be a mothership title for Namco Bandai. Only the appearance of several different tales series character not as cameo, but as main story character will convince me this is not mothership titles(kizuna, radiant mythology for example)

Chaos2Frozen 2013-08-26 21:40

Eventually it'll come to the Vita... Just you wait... >_<

Frailty 2013-08-26 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroishinigami (Post 4808015)
Lol, tales mothership title is not numbered like BoF title, so for all we know, this might be a mothership title for Namco Bandai. Only the appearance of several different tales series character not as cameo, but as main story character will convince me this is not mothership titles(kizuna, radiant mythology for example)

nah, I doubt Tales of Link would be a mothership title. I think it's gonna be one of the Tales of Mobile series like the Tales of Wall Breaker game for mobile phones.

And even if it did become a mothership title, if it was bad like Tales of Tempest, then Namco Bandai would probably take away the mothership title for the series and announce that it would be a spin-off title or something

Chaos2Frozen 2013-08-26 21:51

Question- Why would it matter if it's a mothership title on the Mobile phone?

GDB 2013-08-26 21:52

If they made a mothership title on a smartphone, it'd mean one of two things. Either it'd be the most ridiculously amazing smartphone game ever, truly transforming the platform into a gaming system that exceeds the likes of Angry Birds... or they'd piss off the vast majority of their fans and just be throwing away money and goodwill. Since they aren't trying to be revolutionary and they aren't SquareEnix, I don't see it being a mothership.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4808034)

Mothership generally means the core team is working on it. If the core team is working on a game no one wants, they'd be pissed. Namdai usually leaves crap like that to third parties like they did with the Vita remakes.

kuroishinigami 2013-08-26 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4808034)

Well, it's a very different situation with BoF where mothership title kinda means that BoF will be a mobile title from now on, but a mothership title on a mobile means they're thinking of moving the series to mobile if it's more succesful than console title(you know, lower cost and all), and I prefer my main tales game to be in a game system(console/handheld) instead of multipurpose mobile phone/tablet which is not optimized for gaming.

SilverSyko 2013-08-26 22:10

Mobile-only game? Don't care. That's the territory of the super-casual gamers.

Let's hope for a real announcement soon.~

darkchibi07 2013-08-27 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty (Post 4808010)
Tales of Link announced for smartphones

source: http://gematsu.com/2013/08/tales-of-...or-smartphones

well, at least it's not a mothership title. Unlike Breath of Fire 6 >_>

Why is it one of the rare times the Tales MC is a female, it is relegated to a smartphone game? :frustrated:

ijuinkun 2013-08-27 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty (Post 4808028)
And even if it did become a mothership title, if it was bad like Tales of Tempest, then Namco Bandai would probably take away the mothership title for the series and announce that it would be a spin-off title or something

Tales of the Tempest suffered from a severe lack of dungeons--the only "real" dungeon was the Church's stronghold. We should have had to go through large dungeons in the lost city and the King's Castle and several others beside. There were also very few skits, and skits are important in Tales games for character development.