AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Amagami SS (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Amagami SS - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96916)

Klashikari 2010-08-26 11:43

Amagami SS - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Amagami SS, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Nork22 2010-08-26 12:28

At first I was skeptical about how this story arc will pan out, but they do make a cute couple. And Junichi feels a bit more assertive when put next to the rather meek Sae.

As it's now 2:30am in Japan, I'm now off to bed.

margafred 2010-08-26 15:00

A word by our god of galge first..

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4631/lolness.jpg

Spoiler for Episode 9 of Amagami SS:

pampz21 2010-08-26 15:13

are they making it funny by having a narrator?....well its not even funny! and this is the only ep that i got tired and bored of watching! wish they make it better next time in fourth arc

Shiroth 2010-08-26 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by margafred (Post 3212425)

:bow: :bow: :bow:

I knew you'd post that before me. :p

ararr 2010-08-26 18:08

I quite enjoyed the beat of the ED, and her other than her off-tune singing in the ED, her voice isn't as bad as I expected it to be (probably because she whispers through most of the ep). The narrator is quite lame too.

Kaoru Chujo 2010-08-26 18:33

I enjoyed the episode. Konno Hiromi's voice is almost nonexistent here, but that works for the character. Her nervousness, her enjoyment of real family life, and her feeling flattered by the attention of an older guy (and comforted that she knows his sister) all come through -- as does the older guy's satisfaction at being able to play a superior role. And at getting a mammary massage during the piggy-back ride.

It's interesting to me that Konno-san was the not-so-soft spoken Akira in those end bits for Lucky Star, with Shiraishi Minoru.

GDB 2010-08-26 20:11

Seemed like they were trying to harness the awesomeness of Hayate's narrator. They did not succeed. But overall it wasn't too bad. Needs more interaction with other characters, since Sae is too timid to carry the show.

sgwc 2010-08-26 20:29

A cute episode. love it. I enjoy looking at various expression of both Miya and Sae.

DragoZERO 2010-08-26 20:41

Awesome. I didn't know she had a large chest...good surprise there. Overall I liked it. Forcing a girl to practice being a waitress when she is not fit for it is mean and stupid, as is practicing with hot coffee. But it served a purpose so I will overlook it.

Can't wait for next week.

Quoted reply to come later.

RisArk 2010-08-26 21:03

Thank god they used an interacting narrator. I was dreading this arc before then.

Hypernova 2010-08-26 21:09

The narrator feels rather out of place and the tone just feels odd.

D-Gold 2010-08-26 21:26

Aww sae was so cute in this episode. Seeing miya more is always a good thing too.

DragoZERO 2010-08-26 21:36

Now that I am at computer...

Man...I wish the kouhai I dated was a little more like Sae.

Ack...realistic image of girls fading...slowly being replaced by 2D girls...so hard to resist...

Quote:

We have this scene when Miya saying about Sae's nice body, and sometimes groping her around. which made Junichi fantasize about it... :heh:

It looked like Sae's breasts were bigger in that fantasy. Really funny fantasy too. :heh:
Quote:

And lastly Miya decided to play a punishment janken game, and Junichi lose to both of the girls, and had to carry Sae on his back. In his thought, he wish that if they play such game again next time, he will loose again *so that he can carry Sae on his back again*
Once they said piggyback the rest of the scene was unnecessary since you knew what about to unfold. But it was still cute to watch.

Quote:

A scene from the ED... seems like she doesn't want to loose to Haruka's naked scene in the Haruka arc's ED theme (during the start of the ED).
They sure are emphasizing her breasts, huh.

Quote:

As for the preview... seems like its gonna be a "Junichi is kissing Sae's *name any body part in here*"
Seeing a skirt simply drop to the floor like is enough to make me anxious for next week, but that will surely add to it. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 3212714)
I enjoyed the episode. Konno Hiromi's voice is almost nonexistent here, but that works for the character. Her nervousness, her enjoyment of real family life, and her feeling flattered by the attention of an older guy (and comforted that she knows his sister) all come through -- as does the older guy's satisfaction at being able to play a superior role. And at getting a mammary massage during the piggy-back ride.

It's interesting to me that Konno-san was the not-so-soft spoken Akira in those end bits for Lucky Star, with Shiraishi Minoru.

She performed great. Really sent that timid kouhai feel across to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 3212836)
Seemed like they were trying to harness the awesomeness of Hayate's narrator. They did not succeed. But overall it wasn't too bad. Needs more interaction with other characters, since Sae is too timid to carry the show.

It's the same narrator as from Hayate? I can't even compare them then since they are totally different toned narrators.

Midonin 2010-08-26 21:42

Norio Wakamoto's voice is way too distinctive. This wasn't him. It was, however, a guy with another great voice. Joji Nakata.

GDB 2010-08-26 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3212920)
Seeing a skirt simply drop to the floor like is enough to make me anxious for next week, but that will surely add to it. :)

I think she was changing into her swimsuit, and he won't look. He'll want to, but won't.

Quote:

It's the same narrator as from Hayate? I can't even compare them then since they are totally different toned narrators.
I don't think it's the same guy, but I think they were trying to imitate him. He seemed to try to use similar deadpan snark, just without the humorous tone. And as I said, they failed.

DragoZERO 2010-08-26 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDB (Post 3212929)
I think she was changing into her swimsuit, and he won't look. He'll want to, but won't.

Talk about temptation. He'll probably hear it hit the ground if he is close by. But I'd have to ask why is she changing close enough for that, lol. We will have to wait and see.

Quote:

I don't think it's the same guy, but I think they were trying to imitate him. He seemed to try to use similar deadpan snark, just without the humorous tone. And as I said, they failed.
Ah, that's what you meant. Well, I think Hayate takes the cake with that style of narration, but it isn't the only series where it's been done so I can't compare it to Hayate only

GDB 2010-08-26 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragoZERO (Post 3212937)
Ah, that's what you meant. Well, I think Hayate takes the cake with that style of narration, but it isn't the only series where it's been done so I can't compare it to Hayate only

True, but the only series I've watched where it's done is Hayate and Ookami-san. Between the two, this guy was more similar to Hayate's. :p

karuroso 2010-08-26 22:22

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3212548)
:bow: :bow: :bow:

I knew you'd post that before me. :p

haha someone had to post that, that's exactly the first thing that went in my mind when i thought about her arc ( and Ai)

With this ep i think i can bet on how will be the level of diffculty for Junichi to reach the good end with all the girls =° i think it will go like this...

Haruka>Tsukasa>Ai>Sae>Kaoru>Rihoko

Haruka : As already shown she's kinky, school idol which means Junichi had competition and they were in different classes and year, a lot of effort and creativty was necessary here
Tsukasa : She seems to be really independent and serious and not looking for a relationship, i can only guess that some type of unusual event is necessary to begin her route and the op and the eps itself never showed her with a friend, that can be an advantage for Junichi, however, she's in the same class and aparently Junichi doesn't has any competition with other guys therefore apparently easier than Haruka
Ai & Sae: The pic above says almost all =D however the senpai here needs to look like semeone reliable etc and i'ts still easy to mess things up, however Ai personality makes her to be harder to approach than Sae.
Kaoru : They were already close to each other , same class etc, just some events were necessary to change the reletionship
Rihoko : Is it even necessary to say something? xD i'm just curious to see how will be the events to change the relationship between them

Oh yeah almost forgot xD if you are going to use narrators now, just put Wakamato there already =~ i don't care

ueXia 2010-08-26 23:38

@karuroso
We shouldn't understimate Rihoko and her voluptous clumsiness :D

Nice episode, really wasn't expecting that much, and the narrator didn't annoy me at all .. instead, it helped the mood for such a shy heroine. She's a nice kouhai, and exploits Junichi's dominant side.
Not bad, not bad, specially the Haruka and Kaoru cameos, it's quite difficult to not remember them :(