AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bleach Episode 272 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94042)

monir 2010-05-25 03:21

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! This stretch of good animation that we have enjoyed in the last couple of episodes should come to an end if we go by the sampling of animated sequence displayed in the preview for this episode. Are there any other fight that would warrant another very good animated episode? I would definitely love it if they put some effort to flesh out the fight between Barragan and Soi Fon. In fact, I will be delighted just to see Barragan getting up from his seat. :heh: The big booby arrancar's fight with the shouta is purely fanservice as far as myself is concerned. I also wonder if the old man will lend any hands to any other fight. Shunshui's fight with the #1 was pretty boring as much as it was shown. So what exactly are they going to focus on in this week's episode? If we go by the preview, the episode is going to be about the sideshows (Rukia, Renji, Chad, etc) disappointingly enough. Hopefully we will get some answers on Ichigo's newly found transformation once enough time is spent on the shinanigans of the side shows.

Enjoy the discussion by adhering to the spoiler rule that is in effect for anime-only threads.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

DarkHollowIchigo 2010-05-25 04:13

Good morning Monir.

*sigh*, after all that Ichigo action last episode i also want to know some answers about this new power.

But i guess there will be more sideshow-action, can't wait to see it though.

Mr. DJ 2010-05-25 04:18

hooray for the bench warmers! *deep sigh*

Langus 2010-05-25 04:31

Well the ep was a good 50/50 split of the bench warmer and action variety.

Ulquiorra/Orihime shippers are gonna love it.

Sad to say but they stupidly replaced the Arrancar Encyclopedia with Quincy Encyclopedia. Like anyone gives a f&ck about Quincies. Guess Gin's gotta find himself another day job. Too bad, he was the best part of the show.

Gin 2010-05-25 04:39

Who hosts the Quincy encyclopedia?

Langus 2010-05-25 04:39

So far Ishida's Dad with Isshin as his guest host

Kafriel 2010-05-25 06:29

Kon will burn the studio once he watches this week's ep, his screentime has been effectively reduced to zero.

BK-201 2010-05-25 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langus (Post 3063251)

No we're not. Because Anime Ulquiorra is colder to Orihime than Manga Ulquiorra

It actually kinda pisses us off. There is only one scene we're gonna squee over.

Langus 2010-05-25 08:28

Maybe wait till you see it before passing judgement.

kitten320 2010-05-25 08:33

All UlquiHime fans sure were dreaming to see this animated after reading manga. I remeber what kind of comotion that scene had brought in UlquiHime fandom back then...

Well will see how anime had handled it.

Langus 2010-05-25 08:35

With the exception of one part where I LOL'd (I'm sure you guys will figure out where this scene is), I thought it was well done. But that's just my 2 cents on it.

Wiggy Fuzz 2010-05-25 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langus (Post 3063251)

Sad to say but they stupidly replaced the Arrancar Encyclopedia with Quincy Encyclopedia. Like anyone gives a f&ck about Quincies. Guess Gin's gotta find himself another day job. Too bad, he was the best part of the show.

to be fair, they've run out of arrancars that they can do encyclopaedia's on, unless they want to reveal spoilers.

besides, uruyu got some screen time these past few episodes.

the arrancar ones will probably be back once the show goes back to karakura town.

kitten320 2010-05-25 11:25

What means next week, Gin won't miss an oportunity to comment on top 3 and if title is right, Halibel is releasing.

Ichiban Hayai 2010-05-25 14:22

Saw the raw. Too many flashbacks and reused scenes! It was really annoying.

Next weeks' preview looks very promising though.

Mr.Amazing 2010-05-25 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjTrizz (Post 3063237)
hooray for the bench warmers! *deep sigh*

I'm surprised by this statement. Usually people hate when Bleach focuses on Ichigo. Now that we are getting to see the side guys do their thing, I though more people would be happy about this.

Haak 2010-05-25 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Amazing (Post 3063778)
I'm surprised by this statement. Usually people hate when Bleach focuses on Ichigo. Now that we are getting to see the side guys do their thing, I though more people would be happy about this.

They also hate all the other characters too. There's nothing to be to happy about in this anime.

kitten320 2010-05-25 15:32

Quote:

Ichigo's friends never were loved. Rukia also starts to lose her fanbase...

Anyway just saw raw... Once again Renji got owned... well more exactly his bankai did...
Looks like Yammy decided on different entrance... Shouldn't he have fallen on top of the tree?
Kinda like Ichigo's hollow voice here, sure sounded a bit dramatic there.

Bye bye Ulquiorra, we'll miss you.

I wonder if I should bother with next two episodes... Since Halibel VS Hitsugaya surely is not my favourite battle... more like the worst ever. Even this one is far better for me.

P.S. Looks like naimation was doen differently. at least it is the first time I see them handling flashbacks like that.

King Lycan 2010-05-25 15:40

Damn you kubo why didn't you make Orihime use Soten Kisshun on Uli :( she used it on Grim no fairrrrrrr for us Uli jans :mad: /irrational fan boy rant

Well RIP Ulquiorra Cifer :T_T:

monir 2010-05-25 16:58

Quote:

The focus on Ichigo in this episode wasn't bad. He has actually redeemed himself by recalling some of his earlier quality that dates back at the beginning of the series. Empathy! The cheesy lines still echoed though, but he is cursed with the role of being a shounen hero, so it can't be helped. When he was asking Ulqui if he stabbed Ishida and then asked if he was the one cut off Ulqui's right leg and arm, I so wanted Ichigo to mimick Steve Urckel's, "Did I do thaaaaaat?" :heh:

I also didn't get most of the hype surrounding this scene between Orihime and Ulqui. Orihime was seemingly suffering from some kind of Attention Disorder here. She is screaming Ichigo's name. Ichigo stabs Ishida. She is now screaming Ishida's name. And at the same time blaming herself for putting Ichigo into such state. And then she focuses all her attention to Ulqui as it became clear Ulqui is about to do the vanishing trick. She just didn't seem to have any time to linger on anyone for too long. I guess in the next episode she merely shakes her shoulder, followed by "Oh well!" and moves along. Better yet, the subject is never brought up, just like a foregone filler saga in Bleach. :heh: I mean, she didn't even make an attempt to heal Ulqui as he was crumbling away. It was still very touching to see Ulqui reach some kind of consternation when Orihime told him "you aren't scary." I liked Ulqui a lot, right up there with Grimjow. Grimjow, for his crazy, fun, and the abundant reckless energy he constantly projects while Ulqui is for his sheer calm and arrogance. He never doubted about his superiority and never failed to point out about the inferiority. Practical to the bitter end, but still clueless about the human heart.

The episode did have some showing to speculate further on Ichigo's new found upgrade when the process to close the hole was followed through.

Quincy Encylopedia was hilarious. Ishida's dad is holding Isshin responsible for Ishida's current state of affair at the hands of Ichigo. No one stabs his son. That's why Isshin had to go, "dokan." (boom) Ishhin actually said, "dokan" himself before the explosion. :heh:

Mr. DJ 2010-05-25 17:39

Quote:

I said that same statement back when the manga chapter came out concerning who they ended up "fighting"