AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=64194)

Kaoru Chujo 2008-09-19 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by usagijen (Post 1913776)
I think I'm one of the few people in the otakudom who loves Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ more than Natsume Yuujinchou....

As one of the others who prefer this show, I wonder why I feel that way. The continuing story is part of it, I guess. But like you, I just find that this show affects me emotionally more than that one.

I can really identify with Sora, for some reason, and with most of the other characters. I find Natsume kind of impenetrable, emotionally. That being said, I did like ep7 of Natsume, which I just watched. But still, it doesn't feel as deep to me.

And the visual, dramatic, and musical art of this show is just outstanding. Natsume is nice, but this is special. I do find that I like all of Kobayashi's works, or at least all that I have seen: this, Beck, and Paradise Kiss -- in that order.

usagijen 2008-09-20 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 1914316)
As one of the others who prefer this show, I wonder why I feel that way. The continuing story is part of it, I guess. But like you, I just find that this show affects me emotionally more than that one.

I can really identify with Sora, for some reason, and with most of the other characters. I find Natsume kind of impenetrable, emotionally. That being said, I did like ep7 of Natsume, which I just watched. But still, it doesn't feel as deep to me.

And the visual, dramatic, and musical art of this show is just outstanding. Natsume is nice, but this is special. I do find that I like all of Kobayashi's works, or at least all that I have seen: this, Beck, and Paradise Kiss -- in that order.

I have the same sentiments about Natsume Yuujinchou... even though I found every episode a pleasant watch, and moves me to tears often too, I find my tears to be somewhat... shallow x__x; Like I'm not-really-compelled-to-write-about-it kind. Natsu no Sora makes me sink deeper in my thoughts, and allows me to reflect on my own life. That's what makes it WIN for me.

And... this will be really random, but I just watched episode 9 and managed to write a somewhat nonsensical random fangirl babbling about it, with some thoughts on episode 10 too. I like how the romance in this show is being developed, and all I'm hoping for is for this series to end with a happy note.

serenade_beta 2008-09-24 15:00

HAAAHHH??!!!! Oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi, oi...

Spoiler for final episode and thoughts:

Beo 2008-09-24 21:52

My thought
Spoiler for 12:

cynicalicious 2008-09-24 23:46

It's a nice series except for...

Spoiler for Episodes 11 & 12:

...other than that, it's a nice series once you get past the sloppy animation and freaky-looking backgrounds.

Kaoru Chujo 2008-09-25 13:16

For me, this was clearly the best series of the summer, and one of the best two or three of the year. The way they ended it was outstanding.
Spoiler for eps10-12:
The emotions that the last episode gives rise to elevate this show to a higher level. If I ranked shows, I would give this one at least a 9/10. It started good and got better and better. I think I'm now going to regard Kobayashi Osamu as an anime god.

And of course, I disagree completely with the complaints about the animation. It's not KyoAni detail, but it works brilliantly, for me. The complaints about the backgrounds were totally misplaced, in my opinion, too. This show competes with ef for best backgrounds of the year. If we all agreed about everything, the world would be so boring, lol.

Hazard 2008-09-25 21:47

The animation was fine, the story was ok, and the final episode/ending could have been done better. Overall it was better than the original but its diffinatly one of those forgettable animes.

Seravy 2008-09-27 01:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 1932860)
Spoiler:

completely agree++

blewin 2008-09-28 04:25

Spoiler for Ep 12:

awww, no more Natsu no Sora... and to all who have seen ep 12, you know what. :(

Definitely one of the best slice of life shows out there. Watching ep 12 today, it reminds me of Macross Frontier in how both shows feature many songs within episodes, but songs in Natsu no Sora resonate more in a deeper level. Much more meaningful!

kilroy0097 2008-09-30 04:17

Ok so I'm way behind the curve. Only up to Episode 9 is fansubbed.

Spoiler for The cool moments Ep.09:

I liked both Ep. 8 and 9. Looking forward to the rest of them being fansubbed.
Awesome show for sure!

Ashlotte 2008-09-30 06:26

Well it was nice that their was no silly confession scene they just sorta...Came together...But after such a nice episode did they really have to use that timeless old cliche of misunderstanding to create drama...

Especially between two people that their obviously wouldn't be anything like he's imagining happening...Is this as far as your trust goes Gota?...meh.

SuperKnuckles 2008-09-30 08:30

Can you say RUSH JOB?

I mean, I liked the melancholic aspects of the show and the drama. Other than that, the still images were nice because it was 99% real life to begin with.

Other than that, a lot of the extreme deus ex aspects of the story were overkill, some of the plot progression simply makes no sense, and animation-wise, I argued to death, is basically nil. Otherwise, it was genuinely a very watchable show, even if I think it's almost fatally flawed in the way it was portrayed as an animation and the very, very weird plot progression.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimichi (Post 1948843)
Especially between two people that their obviously wouldn't be anything like he's imagining happening...Is this as far as your trust goes Gota?...meh.

That's only from our view as the anime viewer since we know these anime conventions happen. To Gota, what the heck would he know? Hell, he was basically stabbed in the back so many times and I can feel for him. When he said he had no home to go home to in that episode, he probably genuinely meant it. The entire series was like a laundry list of how lonely Gota truly is.

Ashlotte 2008-09-30 13:19

They could of crafted a better situation to create drama or test the characters though...

The way they did it just feels like a cheap unnatural plot device in a show thats been refreshingly devoid of them so far.

blewin 2008-09-30 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimichi (Post 1948843)
Well it was nice that their was no silly confession scene they just sorta...Came together...But after such a nice episode did they really have to use that timeless old cliche of misunderstanding to create drama...

agree with you there entirely. The way those two got together without having to ask/say anything dramatic fits the mood of a lazy summer (and the general pacing of the story), but that misunderstanding bit is really stretching the quality of the show... especially when we know for sure that Sora is not that type of a girl.

ForeverGoNe 2008-10-01 02:57

Spoiler:

Kaoru Chujo 2008-10-01 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by blewin (Post 1950548)
agree with you there entirely. The way those two got together without having to ask/say anything dramatic fits the mood of a lazy summer (and the general pacing of the story), but that misunderstanding bit is really stretching the quality of the show... especially when we know for sure that Sora is not that type of a girl.

Reasons why it makes sense that Gouta might have misunderstood:
1. He feels inferior as a magician to Sora, to say nothing of to their teacher, and is insecure about being a mage.
2. He has really only known her for a little while.
3. He himself probably has sexual/romantic experience with a number of beach girls who are not as pure as Sora.
4. He's a depressive personality anyway.
5. It was a shocking moment that burned itself into his mind.

Ashlotte 2008-10-01 16:00

Great they pulled the Death Card...between that and the misunderstanding which started last episode and continued into this one I feel like I'm suddenly watching a bad soap opera...Maybe its the photo like backgrounds fault too.

Either way for something that was supposed to carry some emotional heft it pretty much completely lacked resonance...Not so much a punch as a light tap I guess...

Maybe after already crying all my tears for Natsume this season I have none left and I've reverted to being a monster, but I can honestly say I just got plain bored near the end and mostly glossed over the last half in my mind... *shrug*

blewin 2008-10-01 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 1952397)
Reasons why it makes sense that Gouta might have misunderstood:
1. He feels inferior as a magician to Sora, to say nothing of to their teacher, and is insecure about being a mage.
2. He has really only known her for a little while.
3. He himself probably has sexual/romantic experience with a number of beach girls who are not as pure as Sora.
4. He's a depressive personality anyway.
5. It was a shocking moment that burned itself into his mind.

I understand what you're saying there, but using it as a plot device on the whole just seems too much.

evilr00t 2008-10-05 02:25

If anyone has watched, is watching, or plans to watch
[Shizuka] Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto ~Natsu no Sora~ 12 [Shinsen 720p-8EDA8C31].mkv
PLEASE note that I caught a major error. At 9:00 the "5 years ago" should be "5 years later". I apologize for the error and hope this mistake didn't confuse anyone.

Edit: Revised script posted here.

kamikazex 2008-10-08 02:09

the ending..............