AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Nanoha/Vivid Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Nanoha A's Portable - The Gears of Destiny [PSP Game] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108131)

goombas 2010-10-30 11:57

Nanoha A's Portable - The Gears of Destiny [PSP Game]

So, can we get a new thread for the second Nanoha game set to come out next year?

WarpObscura 2010-10-30 20:37

Haven't heard about it. Is there a link?

ZeroIchiNi 2010-10-30 23:12

just read a little about it. showing that it will be announce at the next Lyrical Party.

It's going to include characters from Vivid and Force. I guess it's not a continuation of this game.:(

I'll miss the Materials and Reinforce. And Hayate's combat skills

WarpObscura 2010-10-31 02:58

Was it said what genre it will be?

Material Starlight 2010-10-31 04:42

I liked the combat system in Vivid, let's hope the game is just like that and nothing like Force and it's "negate all" skill.

Akiyoshi 2010-10-31 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Material Starlight (Post 3324432)
I liked the combat system in Vivid, let's hope the game is just like that and nothing like Force and it's "negate all" skill.

I assume that the Huckebein won't have their insane levels of Hax like in the manga, but at least i imagine them having some sort of it(casting temporary immunity, regenerative lifebar or pierce damage) and, of course, fighting against fully haxed versions of them on special stages(much like CPU Reinforce).

Material Starlight 2010-11-04 04:50

Don't you mean Reinforce played by certain friends who knows how to be really cheap?

Yeah, but the main thing that balances out "cheapness" while perserving character diversity is speed. Battle of Aces used "stamina" as the axel bar instead, which...doesn't work. Since every character's dash covered the same daistance over the same time, Reinforce just runs away and Nightmares you.

In the anime they have, for example, Fate going at really high speeds (relative to other characters) and a strong speed factor would greatly advance the combat system (in my opinion at least).

If I were to guess, maybe they'll have a field with multiple characters playing multiple positions (center, left wing, right wing, rear guard, healer, etc.) and make it like a tactical combat interface such as the one seen in Vivid chapters 14-16.

In face, I'm sorry to say this, but I'd prefer if they left Force out of it. I just don't see how the Huckebein would fit in. I'm not sure how they'll get Force's Biology and Pure magic (the infections and the "negate all") to mix with Vivid's Martial Arts and Sci-fi/Set magic (Magic with rules and classified levels of power). I mean, can the Huckebein block Einhart's Falcon Punch? (I think not ;) )

Mirron 2010-11-04 09:24

I'm... pretty sure they'd make them balanced and simply treat it as a fighting game. Given there is a decent chunk of time between Forces and Vivid, having the two in the same game makes it seem like it's just a fan fighting game, not meant to be taken very seriously. But who can say.

Material Starlight 2010-11-04 09:42

That's not what happened with Battle of Aces. >_<

Mirron 2010-11-04 09:45

Well, as balanced as everyone else is what I meant. :P I don't think they'd make the Force characters several times more powerful than the Vivid characters (or whoever else they wind up including). Personally though, I hope they continue off of the Aces continuity, or make a new one, I find them interesting.

Akiyoshi 2010-11-04 10:28

I will be amusing to see how they try to create a story where Einhart & Co. blend with the Huckebein xDU. (applied phlebotinum to prevent their anti-magic powers to reach hax levels?).

DezoPenguin 2010-11-04 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akiyoshi (Post 3331315)
I will be amusing to see how they try to create a story where Einhart & Co. blend with the Huckebein xDU. (applied phlebotinum to prevent their anti-magic powers to reach hax levels?).

Bah! Their anti-magic powers can't touch Ein anyway, since she doesn't use that cheating "magic" stuff in her Shotokan Kaiser Arts. ;)

She can just break her hand punching their Eternal Healing Factor bodies...

Material Starlight 2010-11-04 20:12

Einhart will just kill them with one hit. So much for the healing factor. >_>

aers 2010-11-23 05:20

Nanoha A's Gear of Destiny is the name of the second game. Yes, apparently it's still called A's. lol. The betting pool may now begin on what this means for the inclusion of Force/Vivid characters. Apparently they said two new characters, no comment on the Materials.

Information subject to correction when it's not being reported by a random guy on 2ch furiously posting from lyripa4.

aers 2010-11-23 07:48

http://nanoha.bngi-channel.jp/

Akiyoshi 2010-11-23 09:40

Probably as secret characters or a time paradox story?(then how the hell they will prevent the Huckebein from curbstomp everyone(save Reifnorce Eins ...maybe) in A's?

ZeroIchiNi 2010-11-23 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by aers (Post 3358466)
Nanoha A's Gear of Destiny is the name of the second game. Yes, apparently it's still called A's. lol. The betting pool may now begin on what this means for the inclusion of Force/Vivid characters. Apparently they said two new characters, no comment on the Materials.

Information subject to correction when it's not being reported by a random guy on 2ch furiously posting from lyripa4.

It is part of TBoA Timeline?

I'll make a few guesses about the game.
Judging by the title "Gear of Destiny" and the inclusion of Force/Vivid characters. It is right after tBoA and that one of the new characters is the Big bad whom did not like the fact that this timeline is diverging from the original timeline. Reinforce being alive is the biggest factor.

So the new Big Bad arrive to this timeline with the intent of finish off Reinforce once and for all. He/She/It will also have the ability to summon fake Force/Vivid characters similar to the "Dark Piece" from the last game.

Maybe the Materials will show up again helping out our heroes since they'll most likely be following the Defense program's order to prevent Reinforce from dieing off for real. That if we are still following the old enemies = new allies next season trend.

I'm wondering if the any real version of anyone Post-Strikers is going to arrive. I would like to see Vivio meeting A's Nanoha or anyone meeting a Battle Ready Hayate.:)

Nightengale 2010-11-23 10:10

The 'Gears of Destiny' image having the symbolism of a clock ( time ) and gears probably implies that whatever logic that will allow A's characters to interact with characters from 10+ years later ( Force/ViviD ) era would be... time travel or time distortion plot.

Being a fighting game and established as non-canon, it has the liberties to play around with nonsensical plot bunnies and things Tsuzuki wouldn't dare try due to its cheesiness. ( fanfictioness )

Justin_Brett 2010-11-23 10:24

Now I wonder what kind of voice actors the Vivid/Force characters will get.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SayakaOhara might be appropriate for Cypha, if she used a voice similar to Beatrice's.

Jabawock 2010-11-23 11:35

GEARS OF DESTINY will produce by BANPRESTO, right ?. Is this a good sign for Nanoha series (especially FORCE) to appear in SRW ? Or maybe Nanoha game with SRW's style in the future ?