AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Gokukoku no Brynhildr (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=114324)

nfsac 2012-08-24 08:49

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

A new series by Okamoto Lynn, author of the Elfen Lied manga series, started this year on Weekly Young Jump (Shueisha)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1...3374444591.jpg

A summary by mangaupdates website:

When he was a child, Murakami was infatuated with a girl he called Kuroneko. She insisted on knowing about aliens and having met them, but no one believed her, even young Murakami was skeptical. One day, she decides to show him the aliens, but an accident occurs and Kuroneko dies while Murakami is left seriously wounded in the hospital.

Years go by and Murakami obsesses on finding proof of the existence of aliens because of a promise he had made with Kuroneko. Then, one day, a new transfer student comes to his class, who not only looks a lot like Kuroneko, but is named Kuroha Neko!

And even though she insists on never having met Murakami before, the girl has superhuman strength and seems to even be able to predict the future!

How will Murakami's life change now that he has been saved by this mysterious girl that claims to be a magician?

NeutralZero 2012-08-24 08:53

About time for this manga to have a forum of its own... nice...

nfsac 2012-08-24 08:54

So far we have 23 chapters scanlated and raw up for 27

Good for us it is released every week

Syokool 2012-08-24 08:57

This one gaves me such cliffhangers at the end of each chapter :heh:

nfsac 2012-08-24 08:59

First chapter show us the MC stabbing Neko on the guts and as it seems the town all destroyed.
Lets hope for a happy ending for this one, Elfen Lied made us so sad at its ending

NeutralZero 2012-08-24 09:00

Really curious how will they handle things now that the replication of the medicine would take a year... and just what is going on with the hacker girl in the recent chapter...

nfsac 2012-08-24 09:01

Well, we need to ask a moderator of what we can talk freely or need spoiler tags on this, since we talked in a few lines from chapter 1 to 23 in a blink :D

Syokool 2012-08-24 09:04

Maybe we should talk about without spoilers three days after the release of a chapter.

And we should talk with spoilers when we talk about the last chapter (within 2-3 days after being released), and for stuff concerning raws.

nfsac 2012-08-24 09:10

Thanks that helps me a lot.

Also Neko is kinda remembering who she was.

Do you think all girls have that allien thing inside their harnarssed metal thing on their necks?

Iron Maw 2012-08-24 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsac (Post 4318354)
First chapter show us the MC stabbing Neko on the guts and as it seems the town all destroyed.
Lets hope for a happy ending for this one, Elfen Lied made us so sad at its ending

I doubt it, you don't show the "worst case scenario" like that then suddenly pull a "bit and switch". This author simply isn't the type to do that, which means this manga is one big "media res".

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsac (Post 4318366)
Thanks that helps me a lot.

Also Neko is kinda remembering who she was.

Do you think all girls have that allien thing inside their harnarssed metal thing on their necks?

Sure, the plot hasn't given us much reason to assume otherwise.

Dorsai 2012-08-24 15:19

Ehh this one is painfully to read and im still reading it... I really hope it will be not "worst case scenario"

Syokool 2012-08-24 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorsai (Post 4318809)
Ehh this one is painfully to read and im still reading it... I really hope it will be not "worst case scenario"

Sometimes, I feel like I am a M just because I can't stop read while having that ominous feeling about the end :(

nfsac 2012-08-24 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Maw (Post 4318612)
I doubt it, you don't show the "worst case scenario" like that than suddenly pull a "bit and switch". This author simply isn't the type to do that, which means this manga is one big "media res".

Sure, the plot hasn't given us much reason to assume otherwise.

You mean you think the author will give a worst case scenario or he'll pull something different of it.

Those first pages are a teasing for sure, but since we saw so much of scenario changes it could be one of the visions of the paralized chick or something that could change, or Neko doesnt get affected by that stab.

Iron Maw 2012-08-24 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsac (Post 4318885)
You mean you think the author will give a worst case scenario or he'll pull something different of it.

Whoops, sorry about that. I meant the former.

Quote:

Those first pages are a teasing for sure, but since we saw so much of scenario changes it could be one of the visions of the paralized chick or something that could change, or Neko doesnt get affected by that stab.
I think those changes are what led up to the clusterf*ck in the prologue to begin with. I won't discount the possibly, but if that's really the case why didn't the crippled girl prevent it from happening at all? Your speculation would be more plausible if the MC was a time traveler who saw that future then came back to stop it. There are no signs of this sadly.

yuzen003 2012-08-24 16:37

There is a character able to see the future, so it's possible to avoid the stabbing/town destroyed end. It's not set in stone as long as they have someone with precognition.

nfsac 2012-08-24 16:48

The author got us so interested in the plot by those two color pages with stabbing and town going down.
EIther it is true or not, even if it doesnt kill Neko we are all w8 for not only next chapter but the whole plot until this event, dam smart authro

Iron Maw 2012-08-24 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuzen003 (Post 4318918)
There is a character able to see the future, so it's possible to avoid the stabbing/town destroyed end. It's not set in stone as long as they have someone with precognition.

Well they do, but that didn't seem to help much, I think the best we can hope for is that this being some sort Higurashi-like scenario with time-looping IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsac (Post 4318929)
The author got us so interested in the plot by those two color pages with stabbing and town going down.
EIther it is true or not, even if it doesnt kill Neko we are all w8 for not only next chapter but the whole plot until this event, dam smart authro

I'm really curious what would make Murakami want to kill Neko in the end. He's far more likely to sacrifice his life for her then to ever do that.

Dorsai 2012-08-24 17:14

I read all 23 chapters today and this manga is quite amazing... Especially after meeting with MC friend, their conversations and actions are wise and quite good acted... For example he ask him to break floor first because it will be quite dangerous to put explosive there since you dont know where his friend will stand when they will talk and after that about pencil, because with window closed you cant destroy it from outside...

Even though i dont like to read manga with girls dying i still cant bring myself to stop reading this one...

You all missing point here... Its less important if they can foresee whole prologue event and prevent it or not... Whats improtant is reason why Ryouta regret that his childhood friend (ofc he will know in this time that its that Kuroneko, not sb else) is not dead and come back in his life again... Regret so much that he want to erase her again... Considering how much he care right now about all of them and how desperate he want to save them its something really disturbng... Im not sure if i really want to know it..

E: Iron Maw seems like we write same thing in same time ;p

nfsac 2012-08-24 19:33

Guys we can also think that being stabbed by the MC wont give any damage and she just stands up like a scratch.

My bet is that instead of a B-rank she is actually a hidden S-rank or gets on this mode on certain conditions. Big fight starts, something triggers and she blows all town along the lab. The MC looks and see only him and Neko are alive in the whole place.
She survives the stab stands and reverse-rape him, cowgirl style, lol, happy ending.

Dorsai 2012-08-24 21:03

Rank really doesnt matter there... It was already said that her power is most powerful or one of most powerful, but fact that she cant attack people with it decreasing her rank because its decreasing usefulness of it in combat...

And in then end its really doesnt matter how powerful is your ability but how you use it...