AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shuffle! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   S. P. A. N. K. Club (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27521)

Sophia 2006-01-08 21:11

S. P. A. N. K. Club

I like all the Shuffle! girls, so I made this for anyone who's impartial to any or all of them.

The name comes from the first letters of the girls' names.

Sia
Primula
Asa
Nerine
Kaede

Kind of makes you wonder whether the producers had that kinky little acronym in mind, hmm?

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2006-01-08 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sophia
I like all the Shuffle! girls, so I made this for anyone who's impartial to any or all of them.

The name comes from the first letters of the girls' names.

Sia
Primula
Asa
Nerine
Kaede

Kind of makes you wonder whether the producers had that kinky little acronym in mind, hmm?

All that "KKK" business. The first letters of the girls names spell out "spank." The coincidences are beginning to pile up. ;)

Wrath88 2006-01-09 05:33

In that case, Snake, go rearrange the order of the pics in your sig. :D Basically, this seems like a sort of neutral club, where people who support all 5 of the girls congregate, right?

xris 2006-01-09 06:20

To try and keep this thread from sinking into a pointless "spank me" contest, I'll delete any post which includes this joke in any form. By all means post but try to add some reason or comment, don't just say "me too".

Anyway, Sia is just a nickname, her correct name is Lisianthus. Which means the club name should really be

P rimula
L isianthus
A sa
N erine
K aede

zalas 2006-01-09 06:23

And if you factored in the possibility of Engrish, you'd get:
PRANK

Wrath88 2006-01-09 06:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
Anyway, Sia is just a nickname, her correct name is Lisianthus.

You've got a point there. In that case, if we were using nicknames, shouldn't we also use Nerine's nickname, Rin?

Crimen Scythe 2006-01-09 14:13

fine...then...no spank jokes...GOD! well, i like all the girls...maybe not equally but i do like them all....I was Polygamy all the way....

npal 2006-01-09 17:16

Or you could use Lisianthus and Nerine's nicknames and make it something like this

S ia
P rimula
A sa
R in-chan
K aede

Ikusa_shounen 2006-01-09 17:21

actually..
Primula
Lisianthus or リシアンサス = rishiansasu so thats a "R" here
Asa
Nerine
Kaede

which gives the WORD:
PRANK

RiXeD 2006-01-09 17:22

This is stupid :\

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2006-01-09 17:37

Possible sequel:

S ia
T subomi
I tsuki
N erine
K aede

I'm not editorializing there, by the way. :)

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2006-01-09 17:48

Quote:

To try and keep this thread from sinking into a pointless "spank me" contest, I'll delete any post which includes this joke in any form. By all means post but try to add some reason or comment, don't just say "me too".

[snip]

Sorry xris. We were just joining Sophia's proposed club, and I guessed we got carried away.

Vexx 2006-01-09 18:28

yeah, its a bit stupid .... but I have to count secondary membership here since this is the first series of this type where I enjoyed *ALL* the girls and their personalities.

Usually, I like a couple of girls and cringe at the rest .. or at least some aspect of the rest (Tina's boob checks..... Su's bag of gadgets .... Naru's violence ... blah blah blah)

Vainly wishing for a Shuffle! Alternative that follows the path of the first 10 eps (light comedy harem solution) and another Alternative that follows more in the spirit of eps 14-21 (high drama, one solution, better writing)

SnakeLegend 2006-01-10 08:29

lol, still on Spank?
whoa i never thought that post will be deleted -.-
nevermind, anyways i'm in :D

Eclipze 2006-01-10 11:38

Quote:

Anyway, Sia is just a nickname, her correct name is Lisianthus. Which means the club name should really be

Actually, if you account on how Rin-kun addresses the girls, its Sia and Nerine, and Rin-chan was seemingly only used by Sia as a nick name.

npal 2006-01-10 11:49

Yeah, but Rin is a total idiot, so we can't take his opinion into account :p

Potatochobit 2006-01-10 14:36

eh, this is pretty amusing.

i wonder if it was intentional after all.

xris 2006-01-10 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatochobit
i wonder if it was intentional after all.

Well, that's the question :)

I find it a bit too unlikely myself. It would mean that when (whoever) decided on the names (and the nicknames as well), they specifically had this in mind. It would also mean they had a good command of English as well, while that may not be so unusual, it would imply they had a good grasp of western humour / innuendo as well. And since Shuffle is based on a game, then it's more likely that the initial (game) design was handled by a group of people, not just one person, so it more unlikely that it managed to remain unchanged from the initial suggestions.

Finally, as it's been pointed out, depending on use of actual names or nicknames, it possible to create a number of words, maybe none as good as the original "spank" but given there are so many possible combinations (depending on how many and which names to include), I could easily put it down to just coincidence.

Vexx 2006-01-10 15:37

And there's another clue that xris is keeping his eyes on the scampering pack of heathens here :) :) :)

Tsuchimi Rin 2006-03-01 07:08

count on me you got my Vote

count on me you got my Vote. finally a club that appreciates them all. yey!