AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Death Note (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Death Note Episode 14 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=41756)

monir 2007-01-16 20:12

Death Note Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Death Note, Episode 14!

Thread Guidelines
  • Keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    You may not even post manga spoilers in spoiler tags!
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or post in the Manga thread. Please be considerate of anime only watchers, too many manga spoilers are being posted, so please, no more!
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Please remember, no manga spoilers are allowed in this thread!

ThoHell 2007-01-16 22:51

Pretty Good episode, but hey what's new about this series? IT'S ALL GOOD!

Spoiler for episode 14:

Dagger 2007-01-16 23:11

Wow, a surprisingly fantastic episode. I was impressed by how they handled the key line from L & the superb cliffhanger at the very end. Also, Hirano Aya is doing an increasingly good job of making me believe in her portrayal of Misa. The main advantage that the anime has over the manga at this point is that it makes the characters come alive (the seiyuu deserve many kudos for their contribution to this). Just look at Light's expression and listen to how he thinks the final lines of the episode.

Itachikun 2007-01-17 00:45

Great episode, facial expression ruled here. Totally giving this a 10, nice ending and such.

Misa's VA, Hirano Aya, has definitly done a good job here. Especially with the "Light~" . Funny stuff.
________
GREEN CRACK PICTURES

noir senshi 2007-01-17 04:55

NSW, I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you protecting us anime watchers from spoilers. :)

LonelyMachines 2007-01-17 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoHell (Post 803001)
Spoiler for episode 14:

Hey, she's Suzumiyu Haruhi. Who wouldn't? :)

Funny that I picture Rem as being female.

Shiroth 2007-01-17 14:20

*Deleted by Mod*

Yet again another great episode, it did well at keeping the same feeling that we were left with at the ending of episode 13. What made this episode for me was L's mention of Light being the first friend he ever had. Its not just a powerful scene, its emotional when you keep the idea that behind the scenes they're trying to 'kill' each other.

Anyway, i'm in the mood to watch the episode again - so i'll give more comments after that. :3

Kasiro 2007-01-17 15:23

This was excellent. I'm left with emotions beyond that which words can describe.

Deathkillz 2007-01-17 16:21

lol NSW is on a killing spree XD

and arrrrgg! what a cliffhanger of an ep O.o
Spoiler:

Vicke 2007-01-17 16:38

Great as always! I guess Misa really is screwing with Lights plans. I wonder if Rem really will kill L just like that, just as Light thought I also thinks it would be alittle too easy :)

Shiroth 2007-01-17 17:16

Okay, just rewatched the episode. Its probably my second favourite episodes upto now, with episode 07 being the first. Through out episode 14 you're left with a number of different emotions. Like i mentioned before - the scene that has L mentioning that Light is his 'first ever friend'. Some people would just look at this and not think much of it, but not only does it effect the story in so many ways, it shows that even behind the investigation to find out the true identity of Kira, that friendship can still be a part of it. Having the track called 'Rem' playing for the scene worked perfectly.

There was a new lil' scene added to the episode, it doesn't effect the story in anyway, though i'll place it in a spoiler tag.. knowing that i'll probably get flamed if i don't.

Spoiler:

Also, this part of the story is where i first started to like Rem more and more - and that ended up with Rem being my fav' character from the story. If you ask me, this is also where one of the best quotes from the story was said:

"If you kill this girl, i'll write your name in my death note and kill you."

Just.. brilliant!

Guido 2007-01-17 18:17

Friend

Again I agree with both Omni and Garten regarding the animation quality for this episode, that it went downhill more in the distance and far-off shots, but it's interesting to point out that in the close shots where the camera zooms in the characters the black lines drawn over the character's outlines were more prominent and thick.

While in the previous episode Misa earned my sympathy and won me over with her moeness in this one she just got in my nerves with her slightly squeaky and high-pitched voice and more so that she was nagging and pestering Light to date once a week and forbidding him to date other girls.

Making that aside, I'm certainly satisfied with the confrontations that took place within this episode because we learn that the new players will also get to this crazy ride until the last of consequences, and I'm never left astounded with the mind games that both main rivals throw at each other to measure their respective reactions and look through their intentions.
Spoiler:

Tommy Feb6 2007-01-17 18:20

I'll put this in a spoiler tag but...
Spoiler:

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!

Ardea 2007-01-17 23:00

I really loved the episode, especially

Spoiler:

I feel like I should have a stomach ache watching L eat so much sugar-saturated food... but it amuses me to watch him eat. Yay box of doughnuts. XD.

Shiroth 2007-01-17 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardea (Post 804001)
I feel like I should have a stomach ache watching L eat so much sugar-saturated food... but it amuses me to watch him eat. Yay box of doughnuts. XD.

I'm sure i can get away with saying a part of that was fanservice..

Pakxenon 2007-01-18 03:46

Bah at animation quality. That goes from the potential 9 to a 7. Down one more for leaving out some manga stuff (I read as I watch lol...) (and how Misa met Light at the end of the episode... is spiced up but I didn't like the "playful nature"). I would have been impressed if not for the off-shore productions.

Of course, the best moment was when L told Light that he considers him a FRIEND. Knowing the Light up to now, I don't think this piece of information will be given much afterthought. :D

Mgz 2007-01-18 08:42

this eps is amazing... stale mate checku!!! damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Light is such a cold heart guy >< , misa smiley can melt ANY man heart x.x

chibi_star1 2007-01-18 10:51

Spoiler for episode 14:

this has thus far been a wonderful anime. it rapidly skyrocketed up to my top five favorite anime of all time. with so many twists and turns who knows how it will end. but i really wish that it ends with everyone being friends. that would be awesome, however, unlikely. :heh:

alkoholio 2007-01-18 14:08

What I wonder about is, if Rem would really die if he killed L. Contrary to some people`s thoughts I believe Rem doesn`t die killing L, since he wouldn`t directly protect Misa`s life with this course of action, L doesn`t even know about her yet and hasn`t nailed her down so far.
If there is another rule instead of "In case a death god protects the human he has fallen for by killing the murderer to prevent that deed, he dies" correct me if I`m wrong. Rem also states that L is just a random human for him, if the translation isn`t off. ps. I actually also picture Rem as female, at least to some degree ^^

Lumir 2007-01-18 15:06

The twists just never end in this anime.

First L tells Ligh he is his first friend, (shocking), light was thrown off guard completly. I think this bit of character developement is going to play a major role. Those two being friends, can light really kill his own rival? hmm intresting.

Lol and this misa chick, totally infatuated with light... guess it really dosent matter though, but DAMB man! Light has a friggin model for a girlfriend, and he treats it like nothing... sigh... hes really serious about this whole game.

And yes i call it a game because thats what it seems like more then anything else, on one end we have light and on the other L. Such a great rivalry!