AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Chainsawman (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=152701)

amasposu 2018-12-03 14:16

Chainsawman

https://i.imgur.com/BFCwWmw.jpg

Name: Chainsawman
Associated Names: チェンソーマン
Story & Art: Fujimoto Tatsuki (Fire Punch)

Manga-Updates: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=151847

amasposu 2018-12-03 14:17

Chapter 1 is scanlated.

LG-MAX 2.o 2018-12-03 15:21

sighs. Jump trying to fit the Western standards ..... I was enjoying the series, until becoming another pussy man protagonist submissive to a strong and oppressive woman.

dropped

coded321 2018-12-03 17:18

I mean it's only just the first chapter, we can't fully conclude the relationship dynamic between the two just yet. That been said, I'm interested, yet also worried because this is the same author behind fire punch.

zztop 2018-12-03 22:03

I looked at some of Fujimoto's previous works.

I expect this manga will follow the same "weird and gruesome" abstract story structure of his last titles.

The issue now is whether WSJ's mainstream readers will accept this story, or if it'll face cancellation.
It's pretty dark, but then again Jujutsu Kaisen and Promised Neverland are pretty famous despite their darkness.

(PS. Fujimoto's stories read more like titles from a non-mainstream seinen magazine.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o (Post 6302479)
sighs. Jump trying to fit the Western standards ..... I was enjoying the series, until becoming another pussy man protagonist submissive to a strong and oppressive woman.
dropped

I think Jump's editors are trying to capitalize on the popularity of recent dark-themed titles that gained reader popularity, like Jujutsu Kaisen.

foxbox360 2018-12-04 03:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by zztop (Post 6302574)
I looked at some of Fujimoto's previous works.

I expect this manga will follow the same "weird and gruesome" abstract story structure of his last titles.

The issue now is whether WSJ's mainstream readers will accept this story, or if it'll face cancellation.
It's pretty dark, but then again Jujutsu Kaisen and Promised Neverland are pretty famous despite their darkness.

(PS. Fujimoto's stories read more like titles from a non-mainstream seinen magazine.)

I think Jump's editors are trying to capitalize on the popularity of recent dark-themed titles that gained reader popularity, like Jujutsu Kaisen.

Then they shouldn't of cancel Iron Knight and Red Sprites.

zztop 2018-12-04 06:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxbox360 (Post 6302628)
Then they shouldn't of cancel Iron Knight and Red Sprites.

Those titles got cancelled because the Japanese Jump readers didn't vote for them in the weekly popular titles vote.

Jump policy is that no matter how promising the manga is, if it fails reader popularity then it'll be cancelled.

LevelSeven 2018-12-05 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o (Post 6302479)

dropped

If there is anything about this mangaka you cant judge, than it is his works plot after just the first chapter. Read Fire Punch.

amasposu 2019-02-11 01:11

Chapter 9:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Too lewd for my eyes.

Anh_Minh 2019-03-03 17:04

Welp, the MC is living the dream.

wuhugm 2019-03-24 05:21

LG-MAX 2.o 2019-03-24 05:34

This series is struggling so desperately to survive in the jump that it is difficult not to admire the persistence.

The first vol sold 25,000 copies for anyone interested.

wuhugm 2019-03-24 05:41

^People just don't understand art

James Rye 2019-03-24 05:49

Isn't 25k okaish for first volume sale of a new manga? Others got like less then 10k and survived for quite some time.

videoman190 2019-03-24 10:55

summery for ChainsawMan

Quote:

"I guess Devil Hunter's the best for making money," proclaims chronically broke Denji, a Devil Hunter-for-hire. With his trusty chainsaw and chainsaw...dog, Denji vies to make it to his next meal; however, nothing is ever as it seems, and things never go as planned.

Madness begins with the story of a dark hero who will rock the world. A new era of devils, hunters, and chainsaws begins!

MK-95- 2019-03-24 13:34

What worries me about this manga is the fact that it isn't exactly your typical shounen. I'm worried that readers won't see its appeal and because of that, it'll fall out of favour with them, which may unfortunately result in an axing.

For example, while Denji is an idiot, which is typical for a shounen protagonist, by the same token, he's only an idiot because he was denied the opportunity to to go to school. Therefore, he's already different from the traditional idiot MC because there's a legitimate reason given for why he's an idiot. Also, looking at the newest chapter (15), due to their current predicament, normally, your typical shounen protagonist wouldn't be as calm and composed as Denji is. The dude said "screw it!" and decided to take a nap. lol

Another thing I noticed is that Denji can potentially build his own little harem. Considering that this isn't a romcom, this is also atypical for a battle shounen. Maybe if it was isekai, the potential harem would make more sense. We can defo count Makima and Power, but I can also see Kobeni joining at some point after working out her fear/confidence issues. Why? Because we all know that Denji's gonna eventually save her from some life or death situation and he's going to directly or indirectly cure those issues of hers. Either that or I'm overthinking it. Granted, this story is serialized long enough for that prediction of mine to come to pass or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wuhugm 2019-03-24 13:59

^But Fire Punch wasn't harem

MK-95- 2019-03-24 14:27

^I actually never finished that, so I can't really comment on it. I'm not going off my experience with his previous works, what I'm going off is mostly intuition. Will my predictions come to pass? Whether that's the case or not is half the fun.

wuhugm 2019-04-01 12:25

This is true humor

MK-95- 2019-04-01 13:31

^For a sec there, I thought that was an April Fools' prank, but it actually turned out to be a part of the chapter. XD It was so out of place that I honestly thought it was something a translator threw in for the lolz.