AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   "Bungaku Shoujo" to Shi ni Tagari no Douke (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=78394)

Falkor 2009-02-22 10:39

"Bungaku Shoujo" to Shi ni Tagari no Douke

I'm pretty sure no thread has been created...

manga adaptation1 from a novel of the same name by Nomura Mizuki (author) and Takeoka Miho (illustrator)

Coloured pages:

There are two chapters so far scanlated:

Baka-Tsuki is translating the novel2 under Teaser Projects. Two chapters and the prologue have been so far translated. As of April 28, 2008, seven volumes have been published by Enterbrain under their Famitsu Bunko label.3 It has received a light novel award under the Mystery category.4

Synopsis:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baka-Tsuki
Meet Kanoha Inoue, winner of a prestigious writing award at the age of 14. Mistakenly branded a "Mysterious Bishoujo Author" and subsequently vowed to never write publicly again.

Meet Amano Tooko, self-proclaimed "Bungaku Shoujo". Eats up works of literature, literally.

The two of them are the only members of the Literature Club. Each day he writes short stories for her to eat. Until one day Tooko arbitrarily decided to put up a drop box for anyone with a problem...

a few comments:

* I was reading the synopsis and it suddenly came to me this thought, doesn't this sound really interesting? I'm glad I wasn't about to be disappointed...
* I love senpai; she is awesome!
* I love senpai; she is cute!!
* I really love senpai...!!!
* I can't think straight today... :/
1. There are actually two manga adaptations for this novel: one that started serialization on June 21st, 2008 and a very recent one, on December 10th, 2008. The two chapters scanlated seem to be from the first serialization, though.
2. If the need arises, I will create a separate thread for the novel.
3. straight copy/paste from Wikipedia
4. Wikipedia.
* source: NeoSam
* official site

ganbaru 2009-02-22 13:07

I am a little surprised someone started a thread for this manga, if they mannage to addapt well the novel, it could be very good.
The second manga addation might be based on the shorts stories, I didn' tread those yet but it look interesting but out of the main story.

( Now than a there is a thread for the manga, should I be more carefull about what I put on my signature? :) )

Falkor 2009-02-22 15:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganbaru (Post 2231683)
I am a little surprised someone started a thread for this manga, if they mannage to addapt well the novel, it could be very good.
The second manga addation might be based on the shorts stories, I didn' tread those yet but it look interesting but out of the main story.

( Now than a there is a thread for the manga, should I be more carefull about what I put on my signature? :) )

I'm actually more surprised that you didn't start the thread earlier... :)

Thanks for the info on the manga, though. I was finding a bit strange that there were two serializations of the same novel--it makes sense, now!

Regarding your signature, it should be fine, I guess--as long as you don't say that it's actually a spoiler--and where exactly it's coming from... I'm actually more worried about novel spoilers1 that may be flooding into this thread at a later time...

As for the manga, I think my initial comments don't really make sense... :heh:... oh I just read the novel chapters the manga is based on, and wow... they are definitely better in the way they develop the story and the characters, even though the visual presentation of the manga is doing a great job so far, especially by keeping that soft water color feel. It's just that they don't go into the same level of detail the novel does, which is a shame really--but an understandable one...
1. especially those from the later volumes, the ones not translated as of yet.

ganbaru 2009-02-22 22:49

I didn't start a thread myself because I feared than I would be alone talking to myself. :)

Actualy I am using quotes from the later novel ( this one is from the 5th) but I have in project one with a quote from the the 3th novel ( I might change it for one from the 7th or 8th) and one other with a quote from the last letter of the 1st novel ( this one might be a problem).

I will probably not read the manga, a great part of the novel was the inner thought and emotion of Inoue Konoha ( the narrator), something hard to keep in manga format.

2H-Dragon 2009-02-24 07:43

I read the 2 scans of this. The paper eating girl is cool and I am definitely feeling the protagonist. Putting this on my reading list. :o

SnowSong 2009-09-15 21:36

Nothing like a little thread necromancy -- Well, tons of new chapters have been released, so I feel justified to comment.

Where did my carefree book-eating story go? Now, we are going into depressive territories bordering on mystery... So, can someone relieve my misery and spoil the tale for me so I have a sense of closure?

Thanks.

ganbaru 2009-09-16 02:08

You just have to ask about what do you want to be spoiled.

Von Himmel 2009-09-16 02:21

<--- looking at my own avatar
Tooko-senpai :x
I've recently started to read the novel, and it was really good :3 It's no wonder that the novel had received many awards lol

As for the manga. . I was surprised because it somehow feels like I was reading the novel ;_; which is really good for my opinion :3

SnowSong 2009-09-16 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganbaru (Post 2647299)
You just have to ask about what do you want to be spoiled.

Spoiler for Everything:

I am a greedy greedy little spoiler-hungery reader, I know.

ganbaru 2009-09-16 19:48

Just at looking at the question, I can see than you are rather confused...

Spoiler for spoilish answer, read only if you want to be spoiled:

SnowSong 2009-09-16 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ganbaru (Post 2648767)
Just at looking at the question, I can see than you are rather confused...

Spoiler for spoilish answer, read only if you want to be spoiled:

I just got even more confused...

Spoiler for Roll for spell resist against confusion!:

Rikimtasu 2009-09-17 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowSong (Post 2648786)
Spoiler for Roll for spell resist against confusion!:

Ok...
Spoiler for Really heavy spolier:

SnowSong 2009-09-17 05:55

Spoiler for mind blown:

selkirk 2009-09-17 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowSong (Post 2649550)
Spoiler for mind blown:

Spoiler:

Von Himmel 2009-09-17 14:48

I watched this MAD http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5974904 and I think I get the gist of it. Looks like my guess about Miu is right lol

*sigh*
I should stop reading the spoiler box. And err..so there is the LN thread somewhere in this forum o.o;

Since I prefer novel than manga, I think I would stick to the novel more (I hope they will continue to translate it).

ganbaru 2009-09-17 15:24

There's not any LN thread for the ''Bungaku Shoujo'' serie, only the manga and the ( futur) movie thread.

Probably the same MAD than Flyvedelta but on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygzXAI8_tWA

Falkor 2009-09-17 15:34

I was thinking of creating a separate thread for the novel, but I desisted from doing so---the reason being, the lack of interest in either manga or novel and the slow translation of them. since the novel and the manga are translated at almost the same pace (they are around the same point in the story), I think it should be fine to keep the discussion in one place. I'm pretty sure we will create one, eventually; but I don't really see the point for now (or until Baka-Tsuki decides to make Bungaku Shoujo an Active Project). Maybe for those who have read the non-translated volumes of the novel, it would be important to have a separate thread (something intended for the Japanese/Chinese readers), but I don't want to create one where I (or others) feel left out.

I have no idea what's inside the spoilers (and I don't want to know either), but let me suggest PM (Private Message) as the best alternative to spoil someone. :)

SnowSong 2009-09-18 07:00

Being the greedy greedy person I am, I was hoping for a brief synopsis of each novel (brief overview of story, and somewhat detailed character development summay.) Falkor has a very valid point. However, at the same time, I believe a synopsis like this does not exist else where. Therefore, if it is spoilered in here, not just people viewing this thread at this time, but also those who will come in the future can read it and deconfuse themselves or enjoy the story if the manga and novel translation stalls (which, unfortunately, is quiet likely).

If this request is too demanding, please feel free to ignore this. As well, feel free to PM me if you think it is better that way.

selkirk 2009-09-18 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowSong (Post 2651473)
Being the greedy greedy person I am, I was hoping for a brief synopsis of each novel (brief overview of story, and somewhat detailed character development summay.) Falkor has a very valid point. However, at the same time, I believe a synopsis like this does not exist else where. Therefore, if it is spoilered in here, not just people viewing this thread at this time, but also those who will come in the future can read it and deconfuse themselves or enjoy the story if the manga and novel translation stalls (which, unfortunately, is quiet likely).

If this request is too demanding, please feel free to ignore this. As well, feel free to PM me if you think it is better that way.

Vol.1
Spoiler for Reference work:

I'm missing a lot of juicy details which I couldn't go into without making it even longer. Read the books, definitely one of my favorite series that I've read recently, in any language.

I'll do Vol.2-6 later on. Still on Vol.7 myself. Or maybe we should just start a thread for the LN...

SnowSong 2009-09-18 13:42

Spoiler for For the love of God don't click this if you did not click the last one: