AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   SRZ (School Rumble Z) Manga discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=70586)

xris 2008-08-26 05:11

SRZ (School Rumble Z) Manga discussion

This thread if for the discussion of the School Rumble Z (SRZ) manga.

Please remember that the School Rumble manga is licensed by Del Rey. Currently we do not consider SRZ licensed but all the same, please remember the following posts are no longer allowed
  • Asking where you can find School Rumble Z raws or downloads.
  • Linking to School Rumble manga raws, downloads, scans or translations.
  • Discussing School Rumble scan groups (past or present).

You still are allowed to discuss the manga, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story itself.

kenjiharima 2008-08-26 07:32

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o/SRZcover.jpg

Actually the translated version has a bigger res. Go get that your scanslated manga sources. Only things not to like here is the story is all comedy and has no plot and it's a monthly release.

Solafighter 2008-08-26 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjiharima (Post 1838113)
[IMG]...Only things not to like here is the story is all comedy and has no plot and it's a monthly release.

But you are talking only about the first charpter, dont you? :confused:

Supah Em 2008-08-26 08:43

Am I allowed to diss it? Because chapter 1 is pure crap in all angles.

kenjiharima 2008-08-26 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solafighter (Post 1838122)
But you are talking only about the first charpter, dont you? :confused:

Yep...pretty similar how Niigakki started. In the edo period or old Japan. I wanna see some decent comedy. KJ also went over the edge making Harima hit a girl namely Eri, but for comedic purposes. But in truth Harima hit Lala first when he turned SS Monkey and went berseked back at SR manga.

Just hoping the next chapter will be less slapstick and give us more lol's in situations.

Solafighter 2008-08-26 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenjiharima (Post 1838256)
Yep...pretty similar how Niigakki started. In the edo period or old Japan. I wanna see some decent comedy. KJ also went over the edge making Harima hit a girl namely Eri, but for comedic purposes. But in truth Harima hit Lala first when he turned SS Monkey and went berseked back at SR manga.

Just hoping the next chapter will be less slapstick and give us more lol's in situations.

Puuh.. :o you surprised me m8. ;)

First i thought, you guys would know, that the whole SRZ would be like the first charpter, just a comedy show without any plot. Well i think it will be like you said, just the same as Niigakki. So i cant wait for the next charpter. :)

typhonsentra 2008-08-26 09:30

This hardly seems to be the right way to start things off after upsetting your fanbase so badly.

Solafighter 2008-08-26 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by typhonsentra (Post 1838290)
This hardly seems to be the right way to start things off after upsetting your fanbase so badly.

Well you can check every single post. I was never upset about it, oppossite, i was happy, that KJ is continuing School Rumble. :cool:

Sides 2008-08-26 11:30

Quote:

Hmm, i was under the impression that fans were trying to push KJ with their ideas how the direction of his work should move/end. I'm actually glad that he stick with his vision for his manga.

What i don't get, is SRZ created by KJ so he can take the piss of other anime/manga and the original series? Will it have a proper story line or will it be something loose like the bonus chapters?

kenjiharima 2008-08-26 12:15

Maybe because he intended School Rumble to like Azumanga and Lucky star, but with boys so it keeps reseting. Not a slice of life, but a random comedic gags through out the school years of Tenma and Harima. I kinda get his vision, but it can't happen when a certain pairing gets the readers attention.

Ok back to the manga chapter. So this is a Harima x Tenma chapter since Harima falls for Tenma here when he sees him, but truly one sided since she doesn't give a damn about Harima and she even trows a rock at him. WHAT?!!! RAGE!!! Ungreatful little...Tenma-chan. lol :heh:

Freeter 2008-08-26 13:56

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solafighter (Post 1838302)
Well you can check every single post. I was never upset about it

You might want to take a closer look around you :heh:

Quote:

i was happy, that KJ is continuing School Rumble.
This is hardly a continuation. More like useless side comedy.

shahaf12 2008-08-26 13:56

im on chapter 244 in Sr manga
and i would like to know if the Srz is a continuance for the sr or a new story
10x alot

Harimo Haria 2008-08-26 14:33

We don't know yet shaha.

-Ajax- 2008-08-26 15:47

Wow, lame first chapter. Looks like any hope for redemption might be dead.

Eleutheria 2008-08-26 22:29

Calling this lame is pure understatement. What the hell.

dieseltrain 2008-08-26 22:34

waste of paper it was written on. will the author ever understand nobody cares about tenma.

CaptainSmoker 2008-08-26 23:50

i might have been a bit happier if after a month of waiting KJ would give fans atleast 30+ pages of parody hogshit but 16 pages of this CMON!! Im thinking about it from the marketing point of view, SRz begining was to random so new ppl that dont know what SR is about wont understand SRz so you will lose fans and not gain fresh ones. Oh well, im easy to please, if the next chapter is atleast 20 pages long, ill be happy (sorta)

mafiastasher 2008-08-27 00:56

Anyone who's confident this chapter will be followed-up with a continuation of school rumble should read to description on the opening page of the chapter.

"The "School Rumble" super-evolved!
The stage breaks out of the school, breaks out of time and space
and on some occasions, even breaks out of the stratosphere!
Parallel Comedy starting serialization now!"

I'm not going to make a definite statement cause I can't read KJ at all, but I'm definately not going to hold my breath. It seems like it's going to be a bunch of gags involving the school rumble cast. It also seems there will eventually be a space chapter...bleh

kenjiharima 2008-08-27 04:59

KJ's description of SRZ...

The "School Rumble" super-evolved! - Nope, it's the same old designs, nothing to super

The stage breaks out of the school, breaks out of time and space - true since we see the old Japan and Tenma in a space uniform

and on some occasions, even breaks out of the stratosphere! - true since the cover is Tenma in space without a helment WTF?

Parallel Comedy starting serialization now!" - True parallel, like th gurren laggan music vids and comedy.

To the the truth I really didn't laugh much at this chapter, but I am expecting something good soon. Also the description of SRZ should be saying. NO PLOT ONLY RANDOM GAGS and stories.

SkoolRumble4Ya 2008-08-28 05:09

This chapter is funny but I'm dissappointed that KJ decided to fuck over his fanbase and continue with his ridiculous chapter. I hope that I will not get over it because as of now I'm starting to.