AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Allods Online (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93983)

SaintessHeart 2010-05-22 10:01

Allods Online

Okay I know some of you guys are playing it. Stand up now! :heh:

Riker 2010-05-22 10:34

Summoner here. =o

felix 2010-05-31 13:04

Played a little as mage but have some work to do, so on hold.

[edit] Usually I play healer. Honestly I've never seen a game hate on "healing" healers more then this one, lol.

Kafriel 2010-05-31 13:33

Heal them to death! So, is there a description, summary, trailer or anything that would draw my interest besides SH and Felix playing this (and what server are you playing on)? Just for the record, I usually go with paladin, defender, crusader, etc.
Also I seem to be having some crazy Gpotato trouble, because my ID and PW from Dragonica don't work on Allods, and I can't register my secondary e-mails because apparently they're all taken 0_o
EDIT: Registered my backup e-mail in the end...

felix 2010-05-31 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 3072228)
Heal them to death!

No I meant its bloody hardcore. I did all rep quests got only blue on me with healer spec and it was still OMG compared to every other game I have played where Healer would be just "Okey guys, imba mode ON!". FFS in some games the HOT and heal are so good you could walk around naked in the beginning...

Your healing is determined by 3 stats (possibly 4).

Perception effects the chance of it being resisted. If you have high enough perception you can have 0% but even then something like heal for 200 (50 resisted) seems to happen. Needless to say if you have bad perception which is soo easy to have, you will heal for a miraculas +0 (yes ZERO, lol) a redic amount of times.

Luck effects critical chance (ie. the usual 2x damage/heal) but also "glancing blow" (I think that's what its called) which is something like a anti-critical: 2x times less heal. At the say default/minimum the value its usually at 20% anti-crit, 5% crit chance. That 20% happens 90% of the time.

Faith is another "WTF I need this?" stat that affects the Wound factor. When you are attacked you get "Wounded", what this does is make heals very very ineffective. Faith is there to mitigate this.

I'm pretty sure Int probably effects the output but the % bonus it gives is much less then the de-buff you get from not having pumped the above.

Of course, things get better. The main healing spell you are suppose to spam heals for close to the DPS the target it tacking (by close I mean its lower =P), so we need huge mana pool; I guess that would be the usual wisdom (some games call it Spirit) build...

Like I said its hard. Probably a little easier later with some of the "omg, save yo' arse now!" healing spells from rubies but those are not anything uber either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 3072228)
So, is there a description, summary, trailer or anything that would draw my interest besides SH and Felix playing this (and what server are you playing on)? Just for the record, I usually go with paladin, defender, crusader, etc.

Nope. But its a very refined game, with nice fluid gameflow. Just try it out... Careful though, in this game each class has its own perks. Healers wear all sorts of armor and a few skills generate Fanatism which reduces cooldown on the next skill (can make the skill instant). Druids have skills with no cast time. Mages have channeling skills and cast skills and rely a crap load of disables (its embarrassing when a melee actually manages to hit me as mage :heh:), Summoners are something like a Vampire with minions, Warriors have burst damage (skills with no cast time or cooldown that require energy and battle advantage) and kill melee combat monsters really fast (main tank class I believe). Scouts have invisibility long range disables, DPS, invisibility etc.

As for classes, there is a Paly class and it along with Warrior (the other tank class) are in high demand as tanks. I believe people favor Palys more so then warriors for tanks. I don't think its that bad to be Warrior tank I played a little just to kill the first boss Damanded Soul and it wasn't that hard. I suggest you read what I wrote above if you're thinking about the usual "heal yourself" business. As healer I can't heal myself with the main heal in combat (I can, it just doesn't help is what I mean).

Umm, actually if you go with the melee build on healer its probably more Paly like then the actual Paladin (they are good in PVP anyway). Healers in this game can use Staves, Maces, Shields, Cloth (lv1+), Leather (lv10+) and Plate (lv30+).

Kafriel 2010-05-31 14:38

Cool, DLing the client atm. Sounds like I'll be picking any job besides priest :D I tend to avoid the damage whoring classes though, exactly because the hackers/fanatics rage over dps and dpm, resulting in long conversations which I'm sure everyone's had at some point in time.

felix 2010-05-31 14:40

Pretty sure "Glass Cannon" style builds don't work (too well) in this game.

ZGoten 2010-05-31 22:51

This game is surprisingly good for a F2P-MMO. I'd even consider it better than Runes of Magic. I've played a Warden 'til level 22, and then I somehow lost interest, because leveling in this game takes forever. Why does every MMO require me to level before the real action begins? Well, maybe I'll revisit the game in the future.

felix 2010-05-31 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZGoten (Post 3072882)
This game is surprisingly good for a F2P-MMO. I'd even consider it better than Runes of Magic. I've played a Warden 'til level 22, and then I somehow lost interest, because leveling in this game takes forever. Why does every MMO require me to level before the real action begins? Well, maybe I'll revisit the game in the future.

WoW had a ton of private servers which were PVP-dedicated. You just went, got free armor and level and went on your merry way to the battlegrounds. :heh:

But anyway, leveling isn't hard in this game, there are only 2 mistakes you can make:
  • level with out fatigue (fatigue doubles both monster exp and quest exp)
  • level while in raid; really don't! its like 0exp almost. Just being in a small party already cripples exp. If you don't have any raid/party business stay away!
  • party killings mobs; some quests are mostly incentive to kill stuff which gives good exp. Being in a party doesn't help the cause in that regard.
  • skipped key quests. This game has a lot of chained quests. Skip one and its more like skipping a dozen (in some cases).
Quests are very plentiful and as long as you didn't make any of the mistakes above you'll find yourself just moving along from quest to quest.

ZGoten 2010-05-31 23:14

^Well, I know all that, but still it took me about 50hrs to reach lvl 20...luckily there are only 40.^^

felix 2010-05-31 23:20

My brain must have been fried from too many Korean MMOs. When you say 50h for lv20 my brain just goes: "haha, piece of cake!" :heh:

Kyero Fox 2010-05-31 23:21

Whats this Allods Online?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 3072349)
Cool, DLing the client atm. Sounds like I'll be picking any job besides priest :D I tend to avoid the damage whoring classes though, exactly because the hackers/fanatics rage over dps and dpm, resulting in long conversations which I'm sure everyone's had at some point in time.

Im sure you healers have the same thing. Ive seen Healing bots in WoW a lot more than melee bots :heh:

Don't diss us melee.. or are you just dissing the idiot ones and not the people who just enjoy being in the front line.

Kafriel 2010-06-01 00:19

Quote:

Whats this Allods Online?
A new Gpotato MMO, apparently.
I'm only talking about the perfectionists who will make fun of anyone who isn't as good as them (ofc community plays a big role here), doesn't always have to be melee (for example in Maplestory, star-throwing assassins are the powerhouses), but it's a lot more likely to see them raging over damage than a cleric raging over how much they can heal...although it just may be possible in this particular game :D

Vexx 2010-06-01 04:01

crap, I have several characters because I can't settle on a main. Interestingly... this is the first MMO I've ever NOT been able to get excited over the usual sorc or cleric type classes and HAVE gotten excited with playiing the melee classes.

I prefer the Empire side (paladin, summoner, warrior) ... but I do have a couple of Alliance chars on the other server: plate-of-Giblets (psionic) and a cute little ranger lass.

This is probably the most interesting MMO that is F2P I've seen. Love the Russian flavor (Stalinist vs Czar).... yeah there's the usual multitude of "idiots" in chat but I often just turn zone off.

The "talent grid" makes it *very* difficult to cookie-cutter and much amusement is to be had reading the pontifications of people used to cookie cutter builds who think they can explain the "best and only" build/spec/talent system over one-line zone chat.

The typical player-fail I come across are people who don't want to do the quests (game is quest-driven) and can't figure out why they aren't getting anywhere. That's followed up by those that don't *read* the quests (as in, "Reading is hard!") and then flood chat with requests to be led-by-the-nose (which bites them later as well).

Note: they're in beta and still balancing/tweaking a lot of stuff... so don't get too hung up on particular powers or go in asking "whats the best class?" (I hate that question) and expect an answer that won't change.

I'm intrigued by the end-game astral ship explore/combat game, but not there yet.

Kafriel 2010-06-01 11:25

The best class is the one that you feel is most fun to play...PvP may have definite classes with overwhelming skills, but PvE changes dramatically per patch (and nerfs, usually followed by a legion of angry mobbers).
When it comes to things I hate, it's 100% guides on party quests/raids. They are the one thing that separate an MMO from the rest, and instead of actually playing into the role of their character, people read a guide and call everyone who doesn't know what to do immediately an idiot. Honestly, I don't see where's the fun in that...

After the insane patch of 1.7 kbps and since I'm back from my courses, I decided to check out the game...I have to say I'm amazed at how many stats you can raise, usually it's no more than 4 and you get plenty of points to spend on them (or no points at all, they go up by themselves upon LVing, depending on your class). Also surprised to see that my Paladin has access to so much magic, they're usually limited to a holy enchantment, an aura and a weak spell. Eager to play more but alas, gotta study for now. Username's Kafriel is anyone is interested, playing on the upper server. Question: can I reduce my enemy's chances of blocking through a particular stat?
Quote:

The "talent grid" makes it *very* difficult to cookie-cutter
Dunno about yours, but mine seems to be good old holy cannon charges, Periah mark stacking and detonations. Can't say too much about it since I'm just LV4 tho.

felix 2010-06-01 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 3073551)
Dunno about yours, but mine seems to be good old holy cannon charges, Periah mark stacking and detonations. Can't say too much about it since I'm just LV4 tho.

Talent grids are unlocked at lv10 (you're prolly confusing it with the Talent Tree). You can see the class grids at alldosbase, though be warned values may not be what they seem. You'll find new skills and a lot of passives as well as trigger passives (things like lv40 values as well as old deprecated effects and stats, etc). Note you can also shortcut by picking a blank square on the grid, but of course that means you are wasting a point for faster access.

Vexx 2010-06-01 14:54

Aye... you're looking at the SKILL tree, at lvl 10 the talent grids open up with a whole new world of customization (and you can really mess up your build if you don't plan ahead). The talent grids let you open up new spells, improve stats, etc. by dropping rubies in paths on the grids.

And yes, agree with:
Quote:

The best class is the one that you feel is most fun to play
wholeheartedly.

Kafriel 2010-06-01 16:07

The game seems to be lacking an adequate tutorial, good thing there were some people to explain how the fatigue system works...the ruby grids were mentioned too, still got a ways to go before I'm LV10 though.

Vexx 2010-06-01 16:40

aye... no disagreement that a good tutorial is needed for each class. The existing ones are mostly either out-of-date (from last summer's closed beta) or are still in Russian.

I've found a lot of interesting talent/skill builds... but in the end I'm doing my own variant anyway. The only one that has me totally befuzzled on what I want to do is the warrior build (many choices and rather scrambled talent grid compared with the other classes).

-KarumA- 2010-06-01 16:51

The game does not properly work, their tech support at least on the Europe server pretty much sucks so I skipped this game all together.

I don't know why but the American server worked fine and proper, no problems there. Forums were better organized etc.
Later on I tried the Europe version because my friends played on it, damn thing couldn't update without blue screening the crap out of me o.o;
Had to figure things out myself, posted on tech support and emailed no response from the email and not a single response from a gm in the topic.. which they removed after I started complaining 2 weeks later about no responses..
Apparently the updater on the eu version would bombard with so many connections that you would get a BSOD, my friends use win7 and I XP and they had no trouble..
the manual installation is still buggy too, it won't recognize the files even if it got hit in the face with them.

Played a mage on the American server.. but after 5 days of trying to figure out how to fix the eu version I gave up. Though I do not get why the American is better organized than the EU, they have no contact with each other either which I find bad to begin with...

It is a nice game, but it is just way too buggy for me..