AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Puchi Puri Yuushi (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=896)

Laurie-chan 2003-11-14 00:10

Puchi Puri Yuushi

This anime is so sweet and guess what, episode 22 was just released. :heh:

Anyone else just love this series as much as I do? Go get episode 22 now!!! :heh:

Dark Zero 2003-11-14 00:31

Is it actually worth that much of a watch? That girls animation scares me NOT to watch it, but thats just me.

lordwu 2003-11-14 00:41

I love it. It's a little bit cliche but it's really sweet. The final few episodes are really good. Hopefully xenonfansubs will pick up the pace and sub the last few episodes.

Laurie-chan 2003-11-14 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Zero
Is it actually worth that much of a watch? That girls animation scares me NOT to watch it, but thats just me.

So it's too girly for you? I don't just like it just becuz I'm a girl but also becuz it's funny and cute. Boys shouldn't be scared of an anime like this so it wouldn't hurt to just watch at least one episode.

marin 2003-11-14 00:47

Quote:

LOL it may be a show about girls but it's done by Gainax and it's based on their Princess Maker games...

I'm actually surprised that they could produce something this cute and sweet and charming, esp. from a somewhat misogynistic line of bishoujo games.

Anyway, it's not the sort of show everyone will like but if you're not watching it just because it seems "girly" or whatever you're doing yourself a disservice.

This is a quality show.

Dark Zero 2003-11-14 00:52

Goddammit, i ment the GIRL, the way she is ANIMATED! Not as in a girlies anime, jeez people READ! She looks freakie! I love many types of anime, but if the animation doesn't hit to well with me, I don't like it "at first" until I give it a try. So, thats why I'm here, if I should look past that and GIVE it a try.

PocariSweat 2003-11-14 01:24

Though I don't know that I could properly explain why, I've always liked this show. It's just plain fun to watch. I'll be sorry to see it end actually - maybe it's just because the releases are a bit slow, but it seems like it's been around forever now. Many another series has come and gone in the time I've been watching it.

Ah well - there's always "Gakkou no Kaidan". I'm always shocked when I see another episode of that one subbed (usually just when I think it's completely abandoned). I guess we'll all be safely dead before the last episode is ever subbed. :heh:

marin 2003-11-14 01:53

Quote:

Goddammit, i ment the GIRL, the way she is ANIMATED! Not as in a girlies anime, jeez people READ! She looks freakie! I love many types of anime, but if the animation doesn't hit to well with me, I don't like it "at first" until I give it a try. So, thats why I'm here, if I should look past that and GIVE it a try.

She's supposed to have a freakishly large forehead. It's referenced in the show all the time.

Fronzel 2003-11-14 02:42

That's great. I wish anime would make more character design jokes ("you have small breasts" jokes don't count because they have been beaten to death). I need to start watching it just for that.

Keitaro 2003-11-14 02:47

I actually like it, but stop dling it suddenly I think it was because eps 5-7 were missing and I didnt want to continue anymore until can see those. Does anyone know which fansub group subbed eps 5-8 and is it available on bt.

tkcom 2003-11-14 09:19

Yes, I'm waiting for XF's ep. 5-8 batch release. I just started the series and don't want to get myself spoiled with latter eps.

The reason XF's ep.5-7 are missing because those were quite old and were removed from the tracker (I think).

TK

bluemist 2003-11-14 11:29

I stopped at ep. 11, but it's a sweet show. I wish someone would download it for me...

Dark Zero 2003-11-14 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by marin
She's supposed to have a freakishly large forehead. It's referenced in the show all the time.

See thats exactly what I ment, that forehead freaks me out, but I guess I can overlook that and check it out *if* I have free time.

marin 2003-11-27 21:53

Yay, episode 23 is out!

Big Forehead looks cool in combat gear, but I'm still at a loss as to where it came from, or any extensive training or ability on her part.

But only 1 more episode to go? How are they going to wrap this up?

Lambda 2003-11-27 22:06

It's not the sort of thing that I'd usually go anywhere near, but it somehow manages to be far more convincing than it should be, and every so often it pulls out something great. That's the Gainax touch, methinks. Makes it kind of similar to Mahoromatic, in that the basic premise and methods aren't up to much, (according to my preferences), but it rises above them to become something very nice.

DrWho2002 2003-11-27 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by marin
Yay, episode 23 is out!

Big Forehead looks cool in combat gear, but I'm still at a loss as to where it came from, or any extensive training or ability on her part.

But only 1 more episode to go? How are they going to wrap this up?

The show is 26 eps. long, so there's still 3 more eps to go.

Keitaro 2003-11-28 01:21

I'm still waiting for eps 5-7, anyone know where I could get them.

marin 2003-11-28 03:02

Yeah, what's going on, episodes 5-7 are missing from the series page!!!

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/52.html

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/smilies/twitch.gif

marin 2003-12-04 05:36

OMG episode 23 was so totally like Sailor Moon!

26 episodes left? Thanks. Looks like they just barely have time to wrap things up in 3 episodes...

Kempis Curious 2003-12-05 02:42

Gainax shows usually are worth watching, and I've been mildly addicted to this one. I started watching it because it was based on the nutzo video game.

Kokoro is my favorite, and the mild shoujo ai action is handled with a lot of class. :) I wish there was more time for the Arc love story, though.

-k