AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Touch (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=16342)

Ares 2004-06-28 00:09

Question about Touch

Okay, I know it's a 101 episode series, and there is 5(??) movies out right now, with the latter two being anniversary-type movies.. My question is, where exactly does these movies fall in the Touch timeline? Do I need to watch the whole 101 tv episode series before i watch the movies, or do they fall within the storyline somewhere? If so can someone give me an episode count as to where they belong (Without spoilers of course...lol)

rothgar 2004-06-28 01:01

It's been a while since I saw the movies, but as far as I can remember, the first three movies were just recaps of the TV eps. The first movie I think recaps the first 20 or so eps, etc., etc. Sorry I can't provide more info, it's been a while.

Mr_Paper 2004-06-28 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ares
Okay, I know it's a 101 episode series, and there is 5(??) movies out right now, with the latter two being anniversary-type movies.. My question is, where exactly does these movies fall in the Touch timeline? Do I need to watch the whole 101 tv episode series before i watch the movies, or do they fall within the storyline somewhere? If so can someone give me an episode count as to where they belong (Without spoilers of course...lol)

With the exception of the recap movies mentioned in the post above mine, the other two movies happen after the end of the television series.

Watch them afterwards. ^^

brood-faun 2004-06-28 16:04

To watch movie 1, you should at least watch last episode 30-35. To watch the movie 2 & 3, you will need to watch much further.

Ares 2004-06-29 09:16

Thanks for the info everyone, I'll hold off on watching the movies then for now, since i'm still fairly early into the anime, although I'm much further (Vol 11) into the manga, and at this point, it seems to be going identical to the manga :)

MrBrown 2004-06-29 10:24

I just finished reading the manga.

Do the two movies that come after the TV series add anything that didn't happen in the manga?

Makaveli 2004-08-18 18:11

Touch

I been keeping up with central-anime's releases, and Im glad that they're releasing one episode per day. This is one of the few highschool animes being released and I must say its a great anime.

Anybody keeping up?

Episode 26 has left me with a lot of questions.

Heibi 2004-08-18 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makaveli
I been keeping up with central-anime's releases, and Im glad that they're releasing one episode per day. This is one of the few highschool animes being released and I must say its a great anime.

Anybody keeping up?

Episode 26 has left me with a lot of questions.

It'll slow down once we catch up to what is already complete. Then we'll go to 2 a week or so. I have scripts up to 60 now and once I return home from where I am I'll begin working on them. So I hope you enjoy the series as much as I do subbing it.

Heibi
Central Anime

exedore 2004-08-18 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heibi
It'll slow down once we catch up to what is already complete. Then we'll go to 2 a week or so. I have scripts up to 60 now and once I return home from where I am I'll begin working on them. So I hope you enjoy the series as much as I do subbing it.

Heibi
Central Anime

YAY!!

I went into this show not knowing or expecting much, and it has me totally floored. I haven't been this hooked on a show in a long time. Thanks to everyone at Central for having great taste in anime and for posting this for everybody.

Deacon_Frost 2004-08-18 21:14

Quote:

Heibi
Central Anime

Good job with this classic, btw - up to what episode did you guys finished subbing as of this moment?

Another question: Will you guys sub the Touch movies?

kuru 2004-08-18 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by exedore
YAY!!

I went into this show not knowing or expecting much, and it has me totally floored. I haven't been this hooked on a show in a long time. Thanks to everyone at Central for having great taste in anime and for posting this for everybody.

Touch is one of the best animes EVER.

Heibi 2004-08-19 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deacon_Frost
Good job with this classic, btw - up to what episode did you guys finished subbing as of this moment?

Another question: Will you guys sub the Touch movies?

Up to 36 are fully complete. 37-38 are 95% complete and will be finished after I return home.(Very soon). Then I have scripts up to 64.

I was planning on doing the movie(not the compilation ones) but the Miss Lonely Yesterday one.

Deacon_Frost 2004-08-19 22:38

Pretty cool to hear that you guys might be doing Touch movie 4. How about the latest Touch movie that was released 4 years ago? I think the name of the movie is crossing road...

Heibi 2004-08-20 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deacon_Frost
Pretty cool to hear that you guys might be doing Touch movie 4. How about the latest Touch movie that was released 4 years ago? I think the name of the movie is crossing road...

I'll look into it. I have the LD box set with the movies incuded. Have to see if that movie is in it.

kuru 2004-08-20 18:10

Quote:

I'll look into it. I have the LD box set with the movies incuded. Have to see if that movie is in it.

I think that the Crossroads movie was released when they had already stopped releasing anime on LDs. If you'd be interested in buying the DVD, code is VPBY-11274

DVD at CD Japan

Touch - Crossroads - Kaze no Yukue (タッチ CROSSROAD 風のゆくえ): 

http://img119.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/9...vpby-11274.jpg

Bullsquat 2004-08-20 18:43

I think it's amazing that you guys at Central Anime are doing one episode per day. Keep up the good work.

Makaveli 2004-08-20 21:22

Should I put Spoilers just to discuss each episode?

About up to 28
Spoiler:

Im just trying to start a discussion.

Heibi 2004-08-21 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuru
I think that the Crossroads movie was released when they had already stopped releasing anime on LDs. If you'd be interested in buying the DVD, code is VPBY-11274

DVD at CD Japan

Touch - Crossroads - Kaze no Yukue (タッチ CROSSROAD 風のゆくえ): 

http://img119.ac.yahoo.co.jp/users/9...vpby-11274.jpg

Thanks, I'll take a look when I get home.

Heibi 2004-08-21 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makaveli
Should I put Spoilers just to discuss each episode?

About up to 28
Spoiler:

Im just trying to start a discussion.

Actually, the show continues to have a good mixture or games and drama/humor. And some of the games/matches have lots of plot devices in them. Watch all of it and you'll see. :) Character reactions to what happens in some of the games/matches tells you a lot about them. You'll notice that the animator/director/writers took great pain in making sure we notice what other characters notice.

As long as you don't say what happens in the episode you're probably safe.

leongsh 2004-10-04 22:08

It's up to episode 40 now from Central Anime. Anyone here still following Touch? I succumbed to watching a few episodes while impatiently waiting for the Touch DVD-Box to ship and I find myself falling into a full-blown relapse of an extremely bad addiction to Touch :heh:

I got a great big kick watching episode 40.

There are only a few people who understand how brilliant Tacchan truly is - Harada, Nitta (who has been very intrigued by Tacchan previously), and even Nishimura has to admit that he and his team are being made a fool of.

My favourite in this epsiode is when Harada said that Tacchan is more a genius than Kacchan is. Nitta's awed explanation later of what Tacchan did against Nishimura made me grin uncontrollably.

About a month and a half away to the shipping date of the Touch DVD-Box... :sad: The wait is killing me :sad: