AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Seto no Hanayome TV series (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=38269)

monir 2006-11-03 13:50

Seto no Hanayome TV series

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/11488a87.jpg

Animation Production Company: Gonzo, AIC, Avex Mode

Genre: Romance, Comedy

Expected Release Date: April 2007

The show is based on a manga by Kimura Tahiko that is serialized in Gangan Wing. Hopefully NeoSam will provide the covers when he sees the thread, otherwise I'll be spamming his PM! The director for the seires is going to be Kishi Seiji. Seto San will be voiced by Momoi Haruko (Halko) while Michishio Nagasumi will be voiced by Mizushima Takahiro. From the synopsis of the story, it does sound interesting. Here is the synopsis in the following taken from AniDB:
Nagasumi visits his grandmother near the sea during the summer. While visiting, he goes for a swim, and drowns right after entering the water. Fortunately for him he is saved by a young mermaid. Later as he tells the story to his family, a young girl named San appears at his home and begs Nagasumi to marry her.

She’s followed by two large thugs and they take both him and his parents to San`s home under the sea. If that wasn’t strange enough, it turns out San`s parents are mob bosses. Nagasumi is left with the choice of either death or marrying San. He chooses to marry a mermaid.

This would likely be that, except San`s father and some members of the mob are not exactly thrilled to have Nagasumi courting San and are determined to bring an end to their relationship--or him. And there is also the matter of keeping it a secret that San is a mermaid.

edit: (Jan 25) Updated VA cast info, thanks to Siegel Clyne. Also updated info regarding the director and the animation production companies.

edit 2: (Jan 26) Added website url, thanks to NeoSam!

NeoSam 2006-11-03 14:53

Well of course ^^
The shounen manga magazine GanGan WING is also the magazine that serialized the shounen manga Mahoraba :)

Here are the covers of Seto no Hanayome manga:

Spoiler:

The manga is not licensed and its being scanlated by AnimeWaves group.

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Romance

Shinji103 2006-11-03 15:30

HUZZAH!!!!!!! :love:

Not sure I like the character designs on those later volume covers, though. :/

NeoSam 2006-11-03 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 728400)
Not sure I like the character designs on those later volume covers, though. :/

Yeah, I also like the earlier covers more :) the bishoujos look so cute :love:

Volume 11 will be released later this month (27/11/2006), I'll post its cover when its available ^_^

Siegel Clyne 2006-11-04 06:42

Seto no Hanayome Drama CD Cast

Seto no Hanayome Drama CD Vol. 1 (AFC-3021) + Seto no Hanayome Drama CD Vol. 2 (AFC-3022) Cast

Character : Voice Actor (Seiyuu)

Seto San (SUN) : Tanaka Rie

Michishio Nagasumi : Suzumura Ken'ichi

Seto Gouzaburou : Utsumi Kenji

Seto Ren : Mitsuishi Kotono

Nagasumi chichi (Nagasumi's father) : Shimada Bin

Nagasumi haha (Nagasumi's mother) : Amano Yuri

Nagasumi sobo (Nagasumi's grandmother) : Sadaoka Sayuri

Sen* : Chiba Shigeru

Masa : Takemoto Eiji

Maki : Saitou Chiwa

Shark Fujishiro : Nakai Kazuya

Octopus Nakajima : Matsumoto Yoshiaki

Sarutobi Hideyoshi : Matsumoto Yoshiaki

Zenigata Mawari : Hirohashi Ryou

Kumiin 1 (Gangster #1) : Nagano Yoshikazu

Kumiin 2 (Gangster #2) : Demura Takashi

Iinchou (Class Representative) : Gotou Saori

Furyou 1 (Delinquent #1) : Miyamoto Katsuya

*Drama CD original character

Luna and a number of characters who are introduced (later) in the manga are not on the two Seto no Hanayome drama CDs.

In the transition from drama CD to anime, there may be partial (e.g., Scrapped Princess, Binbou Shimai Monogatari) to wholesale (e.g., Rozen Maiden, ARIA) changes in the cast of voice actors (seiyuu).

Shinji103 2006-11-05 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne (Post 729049)
Seto San (SUN) : Tanaka Rie

Michishio Nagasumi : Suzumura Ken'ichi

Rie Tanaka -> Lacus Clyne

Kenichi Suzumura -> Shinn Asuka

Shinn x Lacus sounds? :twitch: This will be just way too freaky if they use the same VAs for the anime...

NeoSam 2006-11-21 02:30

According to MoonPhase its getting broadcasted in Spring of 2007 :)

tugatosmk 2006-11-21 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne (Post 729049)
Character : Voice Actor (Seiyuu)

Seto Ren : Mitsuishi Kotono

Sen* : Chiba Shigeru

Mitsuishi Kotono --> Usagi Tsukino in Sailor Moon :D
Chiba Shigeru --> Tatsuya & Kazuya's father in Touch :D, Pilaf and Radditz in Dragon Ball & Z (also had roles in Urusei Yatsura, Ranma 1/2, Lupin III, Saint Seiya, Hokuto no Ken, Minky Momo, Magical Emi and Maison Ikkoku (old school ;))

Siegel Clyne 2007-01-25 18:27

Seto no Hanayome anime main cast announced in Gangan Wing (according to Moon Phase)

According to the Miscellaneous Notes of MOON PHASE (MOON PHASE Zakki), January 25, 2007, the March 2007 issue of Gangan WING (which serializes the Seto no Hanayome manga by Kimura Tahiko) announces the main cast for the Seto no Hanayome anime.

Character : Seiyuu (Voice Actor)

Seto San : Momoi Haruko (Halko)

Michishio Nagasumi : Mizushima Takahiro

Shinji103 2007-01-25 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne (Post 811783)
According to the Miscellaneous Notes of MOON PHASE (MOON PHASE Zakki), January 25, 2007, the March 2007 issue of Gangan WING (which serializes the Seto no Hanayome manga by Kimura Tahiko) announces the main cast for the Seto no Hanayome anime.

Ok, whew. Shinn x Lacus sounds would just be way too freaky. :heh:

monir 2007-01-25 21:31

I agree with Tug. The cast is old school which raises my interest in the show! :) Updated the opening post. Thanks Siegel Clyne!

NeoSam 2007-01-26 20:28

Volume 11 has been out for a while. I added its cover to the second post of this thread.

And the official site for the anime has opened:

http://www.setonohanayome.com/

Broadcast: April 2007

tetra 2007-01-27 12:59

i have a question about those manga covers.....where's the main female character in the latter 1/2 of the covers?

Shinji103 2007-01-27 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetra (Post 813668)
i have a question about those manga covers.....where's the main female character in the latter 1/2 of the covers?

She's there in all those covers...it's just hard to tell, because the character designs changed so radically. :heh:

Sakuya 2007-01-29 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 813978)
She's there in all those covers...it's just hard to tell, because the character designs changed so radically. :heh:

It's pretty interesting: bishoujo > moe > loli. I'm happy the anime will use the initial designs though...at least more like in the middle. I only read the first two volumes of the manga, so can anyone tell me if most of this series becomes more comedic or more dark? Or more about romance?

cyw1988 2007-01-30 10:43

Gonna be one of the 3 I am picking up this spring... I reckon its gonna be similar to onegai teacher... hmm..

Saber Cherry 2007-01-31 03:17

Just read the scanlated manga since spotting this thread... very good! I laughed out loud quite a bit.

Conan-san 2007-03-03 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne (Post 811783)

Rockman X and Kurimi?

That's even wierder.

suguru 2007-03-03 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan-san (Post 850127)
Rockman X and Kurimi?

That's even wierder.

I'm having trouble picturing her voice as Seto-chan...I always associate Halko with Nakahara Komugi, and that is just NOT what I'd imagined Seto sounding like. Still looking forward to seeing the anime though, since the manga had me laughing out loud.

Maids! Maids! Maids! 2007-03-10 21:14

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3...8692qr3.th.jpg