AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Karneval (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=111910)

Tworble 2012-04-25 21:57

Karneval

Mikanagi Touya's "Karneval" to get Anime!

http://i.imgur.com/vZudm.jpg

The jacket for the ninth volume of the manga announces an anime adaption!
There is already a teaser website as well!

And here is the ANN link.

Katapan 2012-04-26 00:15

Animated Gareki woooooo.

A Karneval anime will definitely be tricky, though. I'd rather see it turn out to be a TV series but the quality of the art wouldn't be easy to maintain unless they got a top-tier studio... Ichijinsha/Zero-Sum series usually don't land this sort of treatment (we know where Hatenkou Yuugi, Amatsuki and 07-GHOST went...) - I hope that this time around, they're going to trust the manga's popularity and give the adaptation a better treatment/budget. Should they go all out and not come up with a mediocre staff team, I'm very confident in the fact that the female fanbase will bite.

MisaoFan 2012-04-26 01:11

I hope that Deen won't animate it like the latest Zero-Sum titles did (not that I hate it, it's just it doesn't have enough popularity (or being decreased) and the animation looks a bit mediocre, as Katapan said), but A-1 Pictures will be a nice choice for Karneval, with a classy top-tier staff.

Tworble 2012-04-26 13:10

I wouldn't mind Bones, Madhouse or JC Staff if they stole Brain's Base's writers.
I had gotten the impression it would be a series, is there anything that hasn't been translated yet?

Flower 2012-04-26 13:38

Hrm ... never heard of this one, though the art in the first post is kinda nice. So I went and looked up a summary of the manga and thought it looked kinda interesting. Will check out volume 1 tonight. :)

Katapan 2012-04-26 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tworble (Post 4130534)
I had gotten the impression it would be a series, is there anything that hasn't been translated yet?

This month's Zero-Sum has no additional information regarding the anime, and every single source on the web has been careful to avoid the "TV anime" mention, so it could still be anything at this point. Mind you, with the big push that's been constantly given to the manga (I mean, 5 drama CDs...), I'd be surprised not to see a full series, but the producers might feel more at ease adaptating Mikanagi's work in a shorter format (OAD?), at least for starters, so I really don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

I'd definitely love to see the BONES touch on a manga that colorful, but it seems slightly out of reach after the 3 latest adaptations handled by DEEN. :P

Flower 2012-04-27 20:04

Hmm ... well, read volume 1 of the manga last night and at first glance it does not seem my kind of thing. I guess I will give it a try, like other series, though....

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-04-27 20:40

I am just concerned if the anime has enough chapters to animate. From the way I see it, it's probably going to be 1-cour with an open ending

....if they are animating another Zero-sum series, I do hope they will choose to animate 07-Ghost in the future. The manga has more than enough material for a 2-cour series.

mochichan 2012-04-27 21:17

I gave up on the manga because I lost interest but I'll give it another go now that it's getting an anime.

Tworble 2012-04-28 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Post 4132900)
I am just concerned if the anime has enough chapters to animate. From the way I see it, it's probably going to be 1-cour with an open ending

This is on the jacket for the ninth "Volume", not chapter.

MisaoFan 2012-04-28 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA (Post 4132900)
if they are animating another Zero-sum series, I do hope they will choose to animate 07-Ghost in the future. The manga has more than enough material for a 2-cour series.

They already animated Loveless, Hatenko Yuugi, Amatsuki and 07-Ghost. ;)
07-Ghost received a 26-episode TV anime 3 years ago, but suffered however a open ending.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA 2012-04-28 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4133352)
They already animated Loveless, Hatenko Yuugi, Amatsuki and 07-Ghost. ;)
07-Ghost received a 26-episode TV anime 3 years ago, but suffered however a open ending.

Yup, I do hope they will make a second season for 07-Ghost, given how things are taking an interesting turn in the manga. They stopped at somewhere around chapter 25, and the manga currently has 83 chapters, so...............

Anyway, back on topic. I hope they release a trailer soon.

Tworble 2012-05-02 15:06

Is this just a fan-made clip or is it real Link

MisaoFan 2012-05-02 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tworble (Post 4141948)
Is this just a fan-made clip or is it real Link

This one is just a piece of unofficial animated clips.

Tworble 2012-05-02 15:25

Are there more? I'm glad it won't look like that though.

Katapan 2012-07-25 05:35

http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/pn/pd/1167879/

Main cast kept from the drama CD (thank god - Yogi was basically made for Miyano Mamoru, and Kamiyan!Gareki is all sorts of awesome, I hope they also keep all the others, Yusakko /o/). A preview DVD will be bundled with the tenth volume of the manga, to be released on October 25: it'll contain footage of the anime and commentaries from the main cast.

There still isn't a single mention of the format of the anime in this month's ZERO-SUM, but the fact that they're releasing a preview like this seems to pretty much rule out OAD/OAV, in my opinion. I'm going to bank on a winter broadcast.

Tworble 2012-07-25 08:03

ANN Also did a write up of it. Sounds like a series to me, I get the feeling it is popular enough. I just want to know who the director and studio is.

firetiger027 2012-07-25 14:17

I'm so happy that the voice cast is staying the same so far! I totally agree that Yogi is practically made for Mamo. I just hope the anime is good, I'm really worried about it haha.

Katapan 2012-08-17 06:50

http://www.karneval-anime.com/ has been registered - looking up the domain shows that Bandai Visual is behind the production. TV anime seems highly likely at this point. I'd like to assume that I.G or Sunrise may be handling it (though Sunrise doesn't sound like the perfect fit, they just have to be considered due to their strong ties with the company), but we have to keep in mind that Bandai Visual have recently produced a series with... Studio DEEN, which is Hiiro no Kakera. :uhoh: Going by ZERO-SUM's past record, it wouldn't be surprising.

firetiger027 2012-08-17 09:26

I'm 100% expecting it to be Studio DEEN. That way when it is I won't be disappointed :(