AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gurren-Lagann (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Gurren-Lagann - Music Discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47103)

Pellissier 2007-05-06 14:04

Gurren-Lagann - Music Discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.)

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Gurren-Lagann here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

SinsI 2007-05-06 14:19

My thoughts on the music so far:
ED - cool, fits the show very nicely.
OP - I've watched it once and always skip it after that. Doesn't fit at all, some below average pop music - GL needs something far crazier.
Besides that, action scenes had good music themes. My favorite one is for Viral. Anyone knows, what does it called?
Nothing else was memorable enough.

quina 2007-05-06 14:33

whats the songs and artist names of OP and ED?

SinsI 2007-05-06 14:40

Well, ED is High Voltage - "Underground".
don't know about OP.

Steel Guardian 2007-05-06 15:00

Hmmm. I really enjoy Viral's Theme and the music playing during Gurren-Lagann's Gattai sequence. Hope an OST is released soon.

Shiroth 2007-05-06 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by quina (Post 935051)
whats the songs and artist names of OP and ED?

OP: Sorairo Days by Nakagawa Shoko [Unable to find a release date for the single]

ED: Underground by High Voltage [Which went on sale last week]

Out of the two i enjoy the OP a lot more. Its that style of music & Nakagawa's voice that goes perfectly with Gurren Lagann.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Guardian (Post 935082)
Hmmm. I really enjoy Viral's Theme and the music playing during Gurren-Lagann's Gattai sequence. Hope an OST is released soon.

Yeah, i'm expecting an OST release to appear sometime soon, maybe even two. Loving the music so far.

EvilDragonBlade 2007-05-10 07:57

I love the OP more than the ED since I'm a fan of jpop (And its her best song yet IMO). I believe its out within June.

Viral's & Gurren Lagann's theme is pretty catchy also.

Lost 2007-05-14 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 935089)
Out of the two i enjoy the OP a lot more. Its that style of music & Nakagawa's voice that goes perfectly with Gurren Lagann.

Same here. Ultimately it's a fun OP that embodies the spirit of Gurren-Lagann.

Lost 2007-05-25 09:08

There seems to be a file of the OP, Sorairo Days, available; but it doesn't seem to be the whole single.

Takeo 2007-05-25 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost (Post 962450)
There seems to be a file of the OP, Sorairo Days, available; but it doesn't seem to be the whole single.

it's probably the tv size version...the single comes out June 27

Not sure if youtube links are allowed, but the PV is on youtube if you want to hear the whole song.

Lost 2007-05-25 12:14

No, it's the whole song. Just not part of a single album, as in, there are no accompanying songs by the same artist.

Shiroth 2007-05-25 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost (Post 962658)
No, it's the whole song. Just not part of a single album, as in, there are no accompanying songs by the same artist.

Its a rip of the PV.

aohige 2007-05-26 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost (Post 962450)

It's probably from Shokotan's PV on MTV Japan.

Lost 2007-05-26 11:13

Heh, awesome PV; tho it's kinda dubious at times, the way she pretends to play the electric guitar. :heh:

SpaceDrake 2007-06-03 19:46

So has a date been announced yet for the OST? I'm really pining for some of those tracks, particularly the "prologue" track and the one that plays during the climax of episode 8.

Shiroth 2007-06-04 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaceDrake (Post 976646)
So has a date been announced yet for the OST?

If it hasn't been announced in this thread, then a release date hasn't appeared yet.

7Th 2007-06-04 15:07

Heh, even if I don't really care someone posted this on 4chan:

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/Music/Arc...573/index.html

Click on the sound icon on the side of "happily ever after" and you can listen a Gurren-Lagann insert song not yet used in the series rumored to be used at the climax of episode 11.

Kaioshin Sama 2007-06-04 15:16

OP: The opening is probably the only controversial thing about the show for me. It doesn't even fit the theme of the show, which is hot blooded Super Robot Action and instead sounds like a typical idol-pop song you'd hear in a harem show, but with actual effort put into the instrumentals. I blame it mostly on Shoko Nakagawa who's voice has that usual idol singers annoying, empty and almost whiny sounding style to it. The background instrumental however saves the song from her and helps it from being a total loss. Were it not for the instrumental being good this song would be a total bust I imagine, but it's not so bad that I have to skip it every time like a lot of Idol-Pop. Thank You Backup Band whoever you guys are because you at least as much credit as Shoko if not more.

ED: This is far more fitting and could have easily been the opening (or at least something similar sounding). It nails the whole hot blooded feel of the show with its guitar work and passionate singer. Plus the whole black and white outline of Simon walking is extremely stylish. It's a really fun song that I listen to from time to time on my playlist these days.

BGM: There's one BGM them I like exclusively that is often played in battles. It has a part that has seven notes and then it sounds like somebody beating one of those calypso drums. It really gets the blood boiling.

Kamion 2007-06-11 13:21

I already preordered the Limited Press Version of the OP Single (mainly because Yoko is on it...) since I didn't like the PV all that much, so I don't need the DVD.

I really love the Opening, I already liked it in the trailers. Sure, it may not be that fitting for such a "manly" Mecha-Action show, but it's got a catchy tune and sounds good :D
I also liked the Episode 11 insert song, and it will be on the CD as well, so I'm happy.

Anyone knows when an OST is coming out? I'd love to listen to it, but I don't think it has been announced yet, has it?

7Th 2007-06-11 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamion (Post 989082)
I already preordered the Limited Press Version of the OP Single (mainly because Yoko is on it...) since I didn't like the PV all that much, so I don't need the DVD.

I really love the Opening, I already liked it in the trailers. Sure, it may not be that fitting for such a "manly" Mecha-Action show, but it's got a catchy tune and sounds good :D
I also liked the Episode 11 insert song, and it will be on the CD as well, so I'm happy.

Anyone knows when an OST is coming out? I'd love to listen to it, but I don't think it has been announced yet, has it?

It was announced a while ago... sorry for not posting this before. It's out July 25.

http://www.sonymusicshop.jp/detail.asp?goods=SSCX-10352