AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Little Busters (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Little Busters - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=117563)

Kairin 2013-01-25 08:49

Little Busters - Episode 16 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 16.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Zankoku12 2013-01-26 10:53

So revealed pretty much almost all of Haruka's back story in the first episode of her arc show how much rush this ep was.
I find the comedy opening scene is completely lame and irrelevant,they should have cut it and put more time for the main plot.
The bench scene is the important trigger of Haruka's arc but it just didn't feel dramatic enough for me.

Despite all of that,I think they did capture Haruka's later dramatic scene pretty well even though it would have been much better if they spent more time executing it.

Also...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Oh and R.I.P bench.

Haiprbim 2013-01-26 13:26

Raw is already out?
Hmm, I cannot find it anywhere. O_o

I saw some Screenshots about the episode though, looks like Pink-hair will be the main focus and it will take 2 episodes. (:

Cheers.

Dr. Casey 2013-01-26 18:30

New opening or ending?

Masquerading Lunatic 2013-01-26 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 4529160)
New opening or ending?

I'm pretty sure we already got that in the form of our slightly edited OP/ED last week. Either way, Haruka's is the only arc I haven't finished yet in the VN (Refrain exluded). Maybe I should get to that before I watch these episodes...

Dr. Casey 2013-01-26 19:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Masquerading Lunatic (Post 4529187)
I'm pretty sure we already got that in the form of our slightly edited OP/ED last week.

What. That's lame. I am disappoint, J.C. Staff-kun.

ars89 2013-01-26 21:04

Wow i wanted to slap Futaki this whole ep. Don't know what their past is, but that is just horrible. Hope they can cheer Saigusa up.

Entravity 2013-01-26 21:40

Enjoyable episode and probably the best start to an arc yet. Although, there are a lot of complaints when it comes to this adaptation.

Serphirs 2013-01-26 21:44

Fairly good episode.

Maybe the only complaint is the bench scene, they could have taken better advantage with more destruction scenes, but that was quite faster.

The good thing is, that the animation improved a lot in my opinion in comparation with the first half of the series, or was quite consistent at least. And really like that the LB team is participating in the resolution of troubles.

I'll ignore the rushed pacing, due to Komari and Mio were rushed also. So, who warns is not a traitor. I already digested it.

matrixhazard 2013-01-26 21:46

The scene that I feel emotional the most in this arc were all used. Only flaw for me in this episode is that I expected to see Haruka's face filled with more hatred when she had gone rampage in the committee room. (That's what I imagined when I played the game)

After watching this episode, I expect this arc will also make me enjoyable just like Mio's. :) Since Haruka's route is my most favorite route in the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zankoku12 (Post 4528731)
Also...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Agree, I think so. :heh:

Mura 2013-01-26 23:18

So much rage towards Futaki in this episode. Haven't felt this much since Noumi from Accel World.(for different reasons of course)

*sighs* I need to calm down now.

Masquerading Lunatic 2013-01-27 00:04

Not bad. Even though I haven't played this route, I've mostly been spoiled on the basics. Definitely rushed, though, but that's nothing new/surprising. It would have been nice to see a little more...movement, though, during the part where Haruka lashed out against the disciplinary committee, and the part where the bench was destroyed.

also kyousuke daddy. beautiful.

Oh. Even though I've heard complaints about it lacking build-up from genki-Haruka to depressed-Haruka, I think it kind of works. Troubled children, especially, are very likely to just -snap- one day, and maybe the warning signs, so to say, weren't completely shown like they should have, but it still kind of works looking at it from that point of view?

Divini 2013-01-27 02:54

Color me not surprised to find out Futaki and Saigusa are twins. I pretty much thought when I first saw Kanata: "Hey, they look alike and their hair color is the same!". Also, I guessed that it's because of that fact that Futaki is harsher than usual on her.

I wouldn't have guessed however, that she would enjoy tormenting her and reminding Saigusa of her childhood (which I assume she's in the know about). That was messed up....

novalysis 2013-01-27 03:47

I really liked this episode. The reorganisation of scenes was very well done. They can now plausibly remove romance from this route, given how they have rearranged, added and removed content for this route. Honestly, the emphasis on friendship and solidarity was something tangentially done in the Komari route, and in the Mio routes. It seems this route is being more intelligently rewritten, to make the friendship ending plausible. You can really see the Little Busters rallying and closing ranks behind Haruka here.

Other highlights include:

Anego as always is pure awesomeness. I hold to the view that she basically occupies the same position among the girls that Kyousuke does among the males.

Kud and Kanata's scene together makes me wonder whether Kud's PoV would be used to develop Kanata further. Honestly, I don't envy Kud's position here.

VC Matsumoto 2013-01-27 04:17

Compared to the fan-Service & cross-dressing of the last episode, this episode had a solid story and drama, more of what I expect in a Little Busters episode. Hope Haruka gets somekind of resolution with Sis.

VC

Klashikari 2013-01-27 05:48

It's a shame that after a very good paced ep last week, we got a rush fest...
But beyond that, I was annoyed how they crammed Haruka's issue intro this way: of course, since they didn't bother mixing some girls events before and cramming each of their scenes in their routes episodes, it had come to this...

In any case, my biggest gripe was how they made Haruka flat out explains the Saigusa issue like that. The absolute lack of transition after being flagged this way by the whole school is dubious at best. Frankly they could just spread what transpired in this episode a little more (such as... ignoring the lame comedy part that took a full 3 min...). Likewise, I can't say they brough Haruka's emotions well, especially during the discipline commitee room incident.
Generally speaking, the execution of the scenes are just flat to put it bluntly.

Nachtwandler 2013-01-27 06:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 4529197)
What. That's lame. I am disappoint, J.C. Staff-kun.

It's common thing for all Key adaptations. At least j.C. Staff changed the OP a bit few times to match the current part of the story.

I stoill hope that Refrain would be separate season.

Benigmatica 2013-01-27 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mura (Post 4529526)
So much rage towards Futaki in this episode. Haven't felt this much since Noumi from Accel World.(for different reasons of course)

*sighs* I need to calm down now.

I second that! Add Sugou to the mix and you got yourself a blend of rage and disgust!

But seriously, I kinda knew that they're twins (both sharing a single VA, btw) but whoever spread the word that Haruka's father is a criminal needs to be punched in the face, the gut, and the groin pretty badly!

Kanon 2013-01-27 11:35

I'm sure Futaki has reasons for acting the way she does, but she came across as a complete bitch in this episode. I felt very bad for Haruka.

Based on what Haruka told us about her family, I assume the twins were separated and given to each husband. She ended up with the wrong one.

GDB 2013-01-27 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 4530171)
I'm sure Futaki has reasons for acting the way she does, but she came across as a complete bitch in this episode.

She's come off as a bitch in pretty much every scene she's in, outside of the ones when it's basically just her and Kud.

Quote:

I felt very bad for Haruka.
Same. She needs someone to give her a hug and let her know everything will be okay. I nominate Kurugaya in the shower!