AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73594)

Sin Ansem 2008-10-29 21:25

The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer

http://img.onemanga.com/mangas/00002372/logo.jpg

SUMMARY:
Quote:

The world is in mortal peril. Sir Noi Crezant, the Lizard Knight, has been sent to gain the aid of the great warrior Amamiya Yuuhi in hopes of finding the Princess Samidare and protecting the planet from the incredible 'Biscuit Hammer' poised to crack the Earth in two. Unfortunately Yuuhi wants no part of it, and the Princess doesn't prove to be the shining 'hero of justice' role model that Noi had hoped for.
The characters are quite awesome.

We have a lovable jerk for the main lead.

The lizard thing, who is so serious business it's pathetic (and funny)

And the princess... who is actually a batshit insane and powerful villain. To the main character though, she has such powerful charisma he can't help but be indebted to her.

Yeah, this one is awesome.

tbl 2008-10-30 03:38

I just read the first five chapters today. It's different. I like it.

The female lead definitely falls into the heroic sociopath role quite nicely.

ReddyRedWolf 2008-10-30 04:24

I find it funny that the invisible iguana is the only sane one.

Lol at the older sister with the imouto complex.

ritalman 2008-10-30 07:13

This series is an awesome surprise. I love all the characters.

I was sold a few pages in.

Spoiler for Ch1:

Yuu is quite awesome with his relationship management towards the lizard and the fangirl.

Also, any material involving MAJOR heel drop kicks is fine in my book.

snoopy 2008-10-31 10:06

Personally, this falls into the realm of masterpiece. I group it along with stories like Monster and Himizu... although very different in the themes. Just keeps getting better and better.

Spoiler for My favorite line:

Irenicus 2008-10-31 12:24

I think not only is the Princess off the deep end, the guy is also far more dangerous than his Unlucky Everyman first impression might reveal.

I mean, whoa, "How do I get rid of her?" Sir Lizard Knight was totally scared.

Oh, and for some reason I think the pretty professor has changed somewhere along the line from imouto-complex to "Why did I fall for this guy? Shit!" :D

Clarste 2008-10-31 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2026017)
I think not only is the Princess off the deep end, the guy is also far more dangerous than his Unlucky Everyman first impression might reveal.

I mean, whoa, "How do I get rid of her?" Sir Lizard Knight was totally scared.

Oh, and for some reason I think the pretty professor has changed somewhere along the line from imouto-complex to "Why did I fall for this guy? Shit!" :D

Yes... it isn't too subtle about implying that he has a messed up family background. Not to mention how quickly (and sincerely!) he swears loyalty to an omnicidal maniac.

ZODDGUTS 2008-10-31 15:34

I'm up to date with the manga raws. The series is a bit darker then what I expected from the beginning.

Spoiler for manga raw spoiler:

Narzia 2008-11-01 05:06

I was pretty surprised. The ridiculous name and plot almost scared me away, but I still gave it a try and I'm glad I did as it's surprisingly "normal", even dark. The chain stuff was creepy.

snoopy 2008-11-07 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 2026319)
I'm up to date with the manga raws. The series is a bit darker then what I expected from the beginning.

Spoiler for manga raw spoiler:

It's seinen, despite the general shounen feel.
Spoiler for some major stuff maybe:

LeaD36 2008-11-08 11:19

itīs been pretty funny so far, far more comedy than action imo

Sin Ansem 2008-12-24 17:04

Recent release (ch. 12).

Truly chilling and awesome.

Spoiler for chapter 12:

incube 2009-01-05 17:58

This manga is simply awasome.... It switches between drama, comedy and action randomly but never leaving originality aside.

Spoiler for ...:

A theory of mine is that the knights are the ones sealing the evil that wants to destroy the world and owner of the biscuit hammer and the golems are aiming for the knights for that reason. So we have the mages, minions of the evil princess creating golems to kill all the knights in order to bring their master back and the knight protecting the vessel that holds the same evil...

Irenicus 2009-01-06 02:25

Spoiler for ch 14-16/MAJOR death spoiler:

I think this mad quasi-suburban fantasy circus is going to get even better.

Slayerx 2009-01-06 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irenicus (Post 2145019)
Spoiler for ch 14-16/MAJOR death spoiler:

I think this mad quasi-suburban fantasy circus is going to get even better.

I don't think Hangetsu could have done it...
At this point it's not just a matter of becoming an adult, it's more of a matter of becoming an adult without Sami... even if Yuuhi wanted to live out his life he'd have to do it without Samidare, and at this point, that is not something he would want to do

Frankly, i can't help but feel like that whole deal with his grandfather was just a way to work around a potneial plot hole... The knights can be granted one wish and that wish can even save the life of another... in otherwords, Yuuhi could have used his wish to cure Sami of her ailing body and thus allow her to live a longer lifetime... before crushing the world at the end =p (assuming she'd still be able to do such a thing later on... which is unknown since we have no idea how she'll pull it off in the first place)

KaneDragon 2009-01-18 14:59

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/1...bhv3025be6.png
Haha, how cute.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayerx (Post 2145842)
Frankly, i can't help but feel like that whole deal with his grandfather was just a way to work around a potneial plot hole... The knights can be granted one wish and that wish can even save the life of another... in otherwords, Yuuhi could have used his wish to cure Sami of her ailing body and thus allow her to live a longer lifetime... before crushing the world at the end =p (assuming she'd still be able to do such a thing later on... which is unknown since we have no idea how she'll pull it off in the first place)

Yeah, what a waste. I was thinking the same thing. Come on, Granddad was old anyway; let him die in peace. And what about Hangetsu? What did he wish for? He didn't even help himself. Who knows what he actually accomplished; maybe he helped out Yuuhi somehow.

"Biscuit Hammer". This mage guy has a funny sense of humor.

LeaD36 2009-01-18 20:17

this manga rulez so hard though^^

itīs so abrupt the only semi-comparable story i can think of is Welcome to the NHK, with undoubtedly some of the most disturbed characters eva.

With the difference that these kids are clean :/

KaneDragon 2009-01-19 17:08

What does the actual title ("Wakusei no Samidare") mean, anyway?

Aoie_Emesai 2009-01-19 17:45

I just got started with this manga (ch 5) and to me, I really do like this manga. It's the 1st manga after Hourou Musuko, I have really liked.

I'm so happy right now ^^

Solace 2009-01-19 18:08

Hourou Musuko is freaking amazing. This one is up there too, I thought it was going to be completely silly and it is, but it's done so well that you actually care about what's going on. Such a rare treat.

If I was in Yuuhi's position, I'd follow her to the end of the world too. ^^