AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Higurashi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82863)

Klashikari 2009-06-17 03:49

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei, OVA 4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Skullchukka 2009-06-17 04:17

Again, I have a promise to a friend to watch the 4th episode together, and since I lack the ability to understand Japanese that well, I couldn't watch it yet. So I'd like to ask;

Spoiler for A certain character in Higurashi & Umineko:

Eryops 2009-06-17 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullchukka (Post 2457067)
Again, I have a promise to a friend to watch the 4th episode together, and since I lack the ability to understand Japanese that well, I couldn't watch it yet. So I'd like to ask;

Spoiler for A certain character in Higurashi & Umineko:

Spoiler:

synaesthetic 2009-06-18 18:00

Mightily resisting the temptation to watch the raw as I won't understand a thing.

Is it a leak or something? I didn't think Ep. 4 would be out until 06/24.

Skullchukka 2009-06-18 18:17

Yes, all the Rei episodes so far have been "leaked" 10~ days earlier.

Marion 2009-06-18 21:40

Spoiler for Rei spoilers:

Well that ends Saikoroshi, which means next time is Day Break!~

Ca12nag3 2009-06-19 06:55

Daybreak i fear will be as the first one seems to be. A bit squashed up episode with no real story to tell.

With 2/3/4 we had the best of Rei i guess.

Marion 2009-06-19 08:11

The 2nd episode was good, but the 3rd episode did rush the story a lot. Then again it is an OVA.

SealedTime 2009-06-24 04:16

They rushed it but hey, it was good.

zetsumei 2009-06-24 23:35

Spoiler for Question ^^;:

Lots of non-stop dialogues O_O; but it was fun to watch. Learned of a lot of stuff about Rika that I never knew before. The ideology at the end was interesting.

Eryops 2009-06-25 02:30

Here's a translation of episode 4. Just give this file the same name as the raw and place them in the same directory. I'd also suggest opening it and setting the font size from 20 to 30.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetsumei (Post 2470426)
Spoiler for Question ^^;:

Spoiler:

Skullchukka 2009-06-25 04:30

Thank you for the translation Eryops! Me and my friend are far too excited to wait for a fansub, so the translation was like a godsent for us.
*starts worshipping*

izmosmolnar 2009-06-25 04:47

Man that was mighty confusing.
Spoiler for in case you haven't watched it.:

Klashikari 2009-06-25 05:37

Ouka is not Bernkastel at all. It is indeed Hanyuu's daughter, Furude Ouka, the ancestor of the Furude bloodline and the wielder of the Onigari no Ryuuou.

Hanyuu died as a "human", but became a god after what Ouka did (the onigafuchi revering Oyashiro), but the method had to be twisted to gain what hanyuu hoped for... which ultimately didn't go so well.

As for Bernkastel, they mixed up: the one in Higurashi is "Frederica Bernkastel", which doesn't mean it IS Umineko Bernkastel. Theories usually span over the fact there are "3" Rika: The original Furude Rika, Frederica Bernkastel, the one who can travel between the kakera with the memories transfer.
And finally Bernkastel, the one "observing" in the Kakera World (third layer)... it is actually that "narrator" in any kakera world that says to "observe Furude Rika".

izmosmolnar 2009-06-25 06:17

Uhm. I apologize for confusing them, but she seemed mighty similar (see pic), and we don't see her introduced by name.
So basically Rika is Hanyuu's own great-great-great (x insert appropriate number) -daughter if I understand it correctly, right? The first female daughter among the consecutive 8 of the Furude daughters (while normally Rika is the 8th) is related to Ouka somehow somewhere in the past, and Ouka is Hanyuu's daughter.

But sorry for bringing that up again, but then why does Hanyuu has her horn, if she's an ordinary human. She is horned (not horny lol :heh: ) throughout the flashback in the desert (see pic).
I've always thought she is basically a different species altogether, but if she's a distant relative to even Rika, that proves she can even mix up with humans then. How come she has horns? (obligatory: I'd do her horn, if you know what I mean)

That stuff with the various Bernkastels are mighty confusing :/ . What exactly happens in the hospital-scene here then? And why is loli34's Bernkastel so different in appearance (I mean age-wise) than Umineko Bern? I can't make heads and tails out of that even if I try to think that there are 3 "Rikas"... Did I guessed it correctly in one of the previous examples or it's something completely else?

Klashikari 2009-06-25 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by izmosmolnar (Post 2470787)
Uhm. I apologize for confusing them, but she seemed mighty similar (see pic), and we don't see her introduced by name.
So basically Rika is Hanyuu's own great-great-great (x insert appropriate number) -daughter if I understand it correctly, right? The first female daughter among the consecutive 8 of the Furude daughters (while normally Rika is the 8th) is related to Ouka somehow somewhere in the past, and Ouka is Hanyuu's daughter.

There is no way to tell if they were lazy or so, but in Matsuri (PS2), Ouka looked exactly like Rika as well (except that Onigari no Ryuuou became a plain katana :heh:).
Yes, Hanyuu is basically the matriarch and ancestor of the Furude. That said, it seems that the generations didn't always turn into several consecutive girls, hence why Hanyuu had to wait thousand years for that.

Quote:

But sorry for bringing that up again, but then why does Hanyuu has her horn, if she's an ordinary human. She is horned (not horny lol :heh: ) throughout the flashback in the desert (see pic).
I've always thought she is basically a different species altogether, but if she's a distant relative to even Rika, that proves she can even mix up with humans then. How come she has horns? (obligatory: I'd do her horn, if you know what I mean)
No actually, Hanyuu really had the horns (malformations or supernatural stuff, hard to say) and she was considered as a demon god as result. Contemplating how humans were absolutely sinful, she went in distraught and decided to take all the sins.

This is also the reason why several veterans like Rias and me noted Hanyuu's chipped horn: this detail is by no mean "small", since it was Ouka who did that.

Quote:

That stuff with the various Bernkastels are mighty confusing :/ . What exactly happens in the hospital-scene here then? I can't make heads and tails out of that even if I try to think that there are 3 "Rikas"... Did I guessed it correctly in one of the previous examples or it's something completely else?
No, I cannot consider that as correct.

Frederica is basically the "collective consciousness" of all Rika who died and got their memories "stacked" after all the tragedies and tortures. However, at some point, Rika "became" Frederica after turning into a "being" totally different from the Human, Furude Rika: that the concept of death is not "unique" but multiple etc.

Gazing at the Kakera, Frederica became jaded and cynical which also "disconnected" her worries regarding one's death at some point, since "she has a reset button" even though she doesn't have much hope to begin with. This is where she considered herself like a "witch", as she is by no mean human, and "jack in" Furude Rika when she is transported in a new Kakera.
The one who says "I will stop this witch stuff" IS Frederica, or "all Rika" who wished not to abandon to their fate and fight on for the successful kakera. After what Rena said, Frederica realized that she almost tried to act like a god, abusing her powers and bothering "comparing" results while it isn't her job to do so: her job is to actually live to her fullest as human.

Therefore, since she is finally back to this world, she can stop considering herself like a god or a witch, thus this comment.

*cough* I should really make a long series of Higurashi Rei articles, but so little time for all of this, while Umineko is impendingly approaching... Dunno if it WILL worth the time.

Eryops 2009-06-25 07:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by izmosmolnar (Post 2470713)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 2470755)
As for Bernkastel, they mixed up: the one in Higurashi is "Frederica Bernkastel", which doesn't mean it IS Umineko Bernkastel. Theories usually span over the fact there are "3" Rika: The original Furude Rika, Frederica Bernkastel, the one who can travel between the kakera with the memories transfer.
And finally Bernkastel, the one "observing" in the Kakera World (third layer)... it is actually that "narrator" in any kakera world that says to "observe Furude Rika".

I'd say that there are two Rikas/Berns after Rika decides to stop moving between worlds, as Bern diverges at that point, however what makes you think that the Bern from Umineko is different? I haven't seen any evidence pointing to that, so I think it's simpler to assume that they're the same being.

izmosmolnar 2009-06-25 09:14

Spoiler for episode4:

zetsumei 2009-06-25 10:04

Thanks Eryops, hmm, did Ni and Kai explains some of this is the anime...? If they did I completely don't recall anything. Given that it been a really long time since I watched both series and don't remember much of anything anymore...if they did explained it, I'd definitely have to go back and marathon both Ni and Kai.

izmosmolnar 2009-06-25 12:42

By the way the new desktop pet is out with the new episode.
This time it's just Satoko alone.
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3585/55649964.jpg
Spoiler for Megaupload link:

I don't know whether she interacts with the others though. She didn't notice my other Higu desktop pets yet. (Albeit I'm hoping Rika might throw a chair at her)
Nothing is translated in that, but it's quite easy to figure out how the options are at least. I reckon probably Hanyuu will be the next one.

Ps: If it counts as a warez or something, just delete the link.