AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Star Ocean EX sequel? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=4007)

slc 2004-01-01 20:00

Star Ocean EX sequel?

I just finished that series and I liked it. But the ending wasn't an ending.
It was so obviously a "to be continued" ending that I'd almost think there was more in the works by the time the last one was produced.

So is there a movie or another series or something?

thanks.

MuGeN_BoY 2004-01-01 21:43

I doubt there will be a sequel, its been out for quite some time, over 3 yrs i think...

It was based on the game......

GreyArea 2004-01-01 22:01

Based on Star Ocean 2 on the Playstation, to be exact.

A second season was never made.

The games good, but it'll be a bit hard to find nowadays.

PSX 2004-01-03 20:37

it actually followed the game very closely so basically how the game ended, so did the anime but if you like old school games you should check out star ocean second story for psx, they had a neat battle system

btw, i like your sig mugen_boy

slc 2004-01-04 11:01

I don't have a PS.
That's okay, I just wondered if there was something I'd overlooked, and you say "nope that's it".

Thanks! :)

Heroland 2004-01-06 06:09

A second season was never made, because the series failed miserably..... and for good reason.

I guess if you haven`t played the game it might be bearable.

Yondaime 2004-01-06 16:00

I thought the reason they didnt do a second season was because it was either a second season or to make Star Ocean Blue Sphere on gbc so the opted for the latter or sumthin. I never heard anything about it doing bad x_X I liked it XD

- Yondaime

tsurumaru 2004-01-06 16:46

I'm pretty sure there have already been topics on here about this (but they may have been lost in the board reset). There was a Star Ocean EX manga based on the Star Ocean 2 PSone game (and its this manga series that I think inspired the Anime as a spin off though the story was different again from the manga) however I heard that it eventually stopped after falling sales figures........ :(

I'd definitely recomend the game (even though I still haven't finished it!) It has a battle system a little like Secret of Mana and Xenogears.

Flash_Squirrel 2004-01-06 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsurumaru
(even though I still haven't finished it!)

Weak! Where are you stucked at? ^^

No second season for SOEX, just because with the ending of the 26 episodes series, they have spoiled the real ending of the game, thus making a second season impossible to do.

Leo_Otaku 2004-01-06 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel

No second season for SOEX, just because with the ending of the 26 episodes series, they have spoiled the real ending of the game, thus making a second season impossible to do.

They were going to make a second season called "to the story" but production was frozen. I heard they never aired all the anime on TV, they decided to release the rest on DVD.

GreyArea 2004-01-06 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel

Eh? Did you really play the game? It was almost exactly the same as the mid-point of the game (altered slightly to not seem quite so open ended for the audience). They could easily continue the game story from there out.

Flash_Squirrel 2004-01-06 19:31

Of course I have.

Remember the little man at the end of the anime? that was one of the ten wise man. They saved the planet and defeated the bad guy = no more struggling against the ten wise man, no truth about Reena, no more voyage on Naede.

What would be after the 26 episodes would be just meaningless useless fillers (Like FMP?F!), or a completely new story, but since it wasn't that much of a hit over Japan, the studio didn't bother to make a sequel.

My question now is: Did YOU really play the game?

Lord Zanaffer 2006-01-29 00:37

Ihave played and didn't completed it yet.

And the One of the Ten WIse Men said, that the fight wasn't over. Then he said, that he was defeated but his masters mission would continue.

Have YOU seen the ending?

Claude and everybody will go after Gabriel and deafeat him. But of course, they will go to the 4 Fields.

Ithink there would be a sequel but haven't produced it yet.(And my English is really bad)

Village Idiot 2006-01-29 01:03

The 2nd Season to Star Ocean EX (the journey to Energy Nede) was canned and was instead released as a series of Drama CDs.

Lord Zanaffer 2006-01-31 01:05

But can there be a sequel in form of an anime of Star Ocean Ex?

And in the game i fight against two of the ten wise men(i've killed 6 of them already)

kite1358 2010-05-03 03:03

Star ocean EX sequel

To the anime, maybe not, to the game star ocean 2, enix (now with square) is actually thinking about making a sequel to star ocean 2. If they do, they said the story is going to be about all the main characters again, but 3 years later I think... don't hold me to it if it;s wrong I'm just sayin it like I heard it, but claude and the others actually go back to the colony where the second story begins when his dad is killed when they...uh, space-ship wreck...on a new planet. :D