AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Code Geass - Requests for new threads (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=38126)

xris 2006-10-31 12:17

Code Geass - Requests for new threads

Since the Code Geass forum is now limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new Code Geass thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.

Cal-Reflector 2006-10-31 15:19

An Image thread, for fanart, scans, icons, sigs, etc.

Sonhex 2006-11-01 05:44

Can we have a music discussion thread? I'll post the general info in there about the soundtracks etc...

NoSanninWa 2006-11-01 05:47

Just post the first post with your info here and a moderator can move it into its own thread starting with your post.

monstratboy 2006-11-02 18:18

Do we normally have to request for the next episode thread here?

xris 2006-11-02 18:23

Nope :) I was making the new thread just as you were posting this. Since it's a new series we (the Mods) have to get used to creating the thread beforehand.

NoSanninWa 2006-11-02 18:23

Of course not. We already know that one of those is needed nearly every week and try to post them regularly. We've got a schedule for the air times and follow it as long as someone is on-line to make the post.

Edit: Hmmm... beaten to the post by xris... barely.

monstratboy 2006-11-02 18:25

I see. Please excuse my impatience.

Danj 2006-11-14 17:44

Can we have a merchandise thread please?

Shiroth 2006-11-14 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danj (Post 740070)
Can we have a merchandise thread please?

A lovely idea. I look forward to seeing some good PVC models from this show. :3

xris 2006-11-14 18:28

Thread created.

White Manju Bun 2006-11-20 00:24

Is it too earlier for a fav character thread/poll maybe. And I was thinking about a thread about who's side are you on? Britannia's or the rebellion. Or maybe more of who's right. Should Britannia be able to control the world but that might just be left in the general discussion thread. I leave it up to the mods to decide.

But the character thread would be nice :)

xris 2006-11-20 06:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 744995)
Is it too earlier for a fav character thread/poll maybe. And I was thinking about a thread about who's side are you on? Britannia's or the rebellion. Or maybe more of who's right. Should Britannia be able to control the world but that might just be left in the general discussion thread. I leave it up to the mods to decide.

But the character thread would be nice :)

I don't have a problem with either of the suggestions.

Favourite Character Poll?
I'm not watching this series so I have no idea of any of the characters in it :heh: Looked on Wiki I see a good number of possibilities, could someone suggest a list of characters to include in the poll (keep ths list to about 16-20 names).

If the poll is popular, another one can be created at the end of the series to see how tastes changed over the series.

Who's Right? (Polictical Discussion)
If there is a demand for a thread of this nature, then one can be created. What would be the topic under discussion? White Manju Bun gave some ideas, is that about right for what others might think would be good to discuss? Any suggestions for a better title?

Sonhex 2006-11-20 06:56

'Favourite Character Poll' thread is indeed a good idea. There's an poll going on on the official site, so would be interesting to compare results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 745184)
Who's Right? (Polictical Discussion)
If there is a demand for a thread of this nature, then one can be created. What would be the topic under discussion? White Manju Bun gave some ideas, is that about right for what others might think would be good to discuss? Any suggestions for a better title?

Personally, I'd much rather see a Death Note style 'Morality in Code Geass? Do the ends justify the means' as the moral issues are as juicy, if not more so, as the politics, and perhaps more relevant to the motivations of the characters...

xris 2006-11-20 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonhex (Post 745198)
'Favourite Character Poll' thread is indeed a good idea. There's an poll going on on the official site, so would be interesting to compare results.

Personally, I'd much rather see a Death Note style 'Morality in Code Geass? Do the ends justify the means' as the moral issues are as juicy, if not more so, as the politics, and perhaps more relevant to the motivations of the characters...

So there are 21 options in the Japanese poll. It's possile to include all 21 characters in our poll (if I just knew what their names were in English :) ). We would make our poll a multiple choice BTW.

I prefer your idea of a Morality in Code Geass? Do the ends justify the means as it better defines what is being discussed and I think closer to what White Manju Bun was suggesting.

Sonhex 2006-11-20 07:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 745200)
So there are 21 options in the Japanese poll. It's possile to include all 21 characters in our poll (if I just knew what their names were in English :) ). We would make our poll a multiple choice BTW...

I think Multiple choice would be best, I know I can more than one favourite. Luckily 21 just about covers the main characters:

Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero
Suzaku Kururugi
C.C.
Viletta Nui
Karen Stadtfeld
Shirley Fenete
Diethard Lied
Cornelia Li Brittania
Nunally Lamperouge
Jeremiah Gottwald
Cecile Croomy
Rivalz Cardemonde
Euphemia Li Brittania
Nina Einstein
Milly Ashford
Lloyd Asplund
The Emperor
Clovis La Britannia
Guildford
Kyoushirou Toudou
Arthur (the cat)*

* Just for fun, can be omitted if need be. :D

xris 2006-11-20 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonhex (Post 745203)
Arthur (the cat)*

* Just for fun, can be omitted if need be. :D

Wait a minute, I can't count, there are 22 entries in the Japanese poll and none of them look like a cat :heh:

Note: It is possible to have more than 21 entries in our poll (I'm not sure what the upper limit is).

Sonhex 2006-11-20 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 745208)
Wait a minute, I can't count, there are 22 entries in the Japanese poll and none of them look like a cat :heh:

Note: It is possible to have more than 21 entries in our poll (I'm not sure what the upper limit is).

Incongruously, the website poll omits Arthur! The two characters I missed were Shinichirou Tamaki and Sayoko. So the full list of 22 (minus the cat):

Lelouch Lamperouge / Zero
Suzaku Kururugi
C.C.
Viletta Nui
Karen Stadtfeld
Shirley Fenete
Diethard Lied
Cornelia Li Brittania
Nunally Lamperouge
Jeremiah Gottwald
Cecile Croomy
Rivalz Cardemonde
Euphemia Li Brittania
Nina Einstein
Milly Ashford
Lloyd Asplund
The Emperor
Clovis La Britannia
Kaname Ougi
Kyoushirou Toudou
Shinichirou Tamaki
Sayoko

But if we can have more than 22, then let's include Arthur :p

Sonhex 2006-11-20 08:16

I've put names to the faces. This can be used for anyone unsure of who's who:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9...pollca2.th.jpg

White Manju Bun 2006-11-20 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris (Post 745200)
I prefer your idea of a Morality in Code Geass? Do the ends justify the means as it better defines what is being discussed and I think closer to what White Manju Bun was suggesting.

Oh! I like that idea! Thats kinda what I was getting at but I just couldnt think of how to phrase it :) Plus I was thinking of the Death Note thread when I was posting about the suggestion.