AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   D.C. III ~Da Capo III~ (Game) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=108242)

relentlessflame 2011-11-09 15:50

D.C. III ~Da Capo III~ (Game)

D.C. III ~Da Capo III~
Sequel to D.C. ~Da Capo~ and related to D.C. II ~Da Capo II~
Produced by: Circus
Type: Visual Novel
Genre: School romantic drama/adventure
Scheduled Release Date: 27 April 2012

Story Premise:
This appears to take place again two generations after the original Da Capo, and is speculated to be an alternate sequel based on Sakura's ending in the first game. When the sakura trees suddenly go in full bloom out of season, the journalism club at Kazami Gakuen discover a strange message from the distant past: "When the sakura trees bloom... at that promised place..." Led by the energetic school idol Rikka Morizono, the journalism club is compelled to investigate.

This is a thread to discuss expectations and other thoughts related to this game (as well as the actual contents once it's released).

hyl 2011-11-09 16:07

Atleast we are getting somewhat a sequel, unlike all the fandiscs that were made in the last few years. But it's a sequel to the first one, but whatever. Atleast it's something new rather than the back and side stories of the characters of the 2nd game series.
I have read a half page article about D.C.III in the november issue of Comptiq, but there was hardly any usefull info in it.
And I have some mixed feelings about the new character designs, it's kinda refreshing to see something new but i liked the designs of D,C.II better. The new characters look much younger than the heroines from the previous games (there are exceptions, but i meant the overall look)

ediT: forgot to mention in the issue of comptiq there was a poster of Hinamoto Aoi in gymclothes and on the back of the poster a small manga about her. Also on the poster it said Heroine's profile #2, eventhough i am not sure if they meant if she is considered to be the 2nd main heroine or the 2nd revealed heroine.

Flying Dagger 2011-11-09 16:20

How many sisters do we get to sleep with this game? :D

Hooves 2011-11-09 16:23

Exactly my thought Flying Dagger! It isn't a D.C. visual novel if we don't get another sister to sleep with :heh:

hyl 2011-11-09 16:32

The MC seems to be a cousin of Charles ? (シャルル, odd name for a girl) and he has some kind of brother sister relation with his childhood friend katsuragi himeno (that nemu look a like)according to the bio's on the page. So i don't think there are sisters in this game.

edit: charles or whatever she is called is that white haired girl

edit : i think that Morizono Rikka and Katsuragi Himeno are most likely the 2 primary heroines

more edits: i am pretty sure that the new Suginami will be voiced by the same seiyuu again who voiced all of the Suginami's so far: Kishio Daisuke or whatever pseudonym that he is using in eroge.

DragoonKain3 2011-11-09 17:34

Lol, you would think that the Sakura look alike would be related to Sakura. But no, it's the white haired chick. WTF? XD

Flying Dagger 2011-11-09 17:58

Took at peek at the character page.
Since where was 1 in DC1, 2 in DC2, I expected 3 in DC3 (1 older, 1 twin, 1 younger!)...
The ??? should have red hair...

Mahou 2011-11-09 18:15

What I hope for: (1) A better main lead than DC2's Yoshiyuki. I am honest and say that he made me /facepalm maybe more than a male lead normally should. I had not real problems with Junichi, though. (2) Not another fiasco like DC2's Koko's route.

Anyway, I am waiting for another Shirakawa girl (with or without their "family" magic ability) to appear in Da Capo 3 :p. So far I like Rikka and Charle's character art. Himeko looks like Nemu and Yume, if not a bit younger. The younger-impression could also be just my bad memory as usual :heh:

relentlessflame 2011-11-09 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyl (Post 3849917)
ediT: forgot to mention in the issue of comptiq there was a poster of Hinamoto Aoi in gymclothes and on the back of the poster a small manga about her. Also on the poster it said Heroine's profile #2, eventhough i am not sure if they meant if she is considered to be the 2nd main heroine or the 2nd revealed heroine.

This is just a series of features running in Comptiq (there is a similar feature running in Dengeki G's). Every month they feature a different heroine, presumably leading up to the release of the game.

Speaking of magazine revelations, this month's Dengeki G's revealed that Minatsu will be making a re-appearance. In Dengeki Hime, there's also a silhouette of Yuzu, and one other character that I should be able to recognize but I don't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 3850094)
Anyway, I am waiting for another Shirakawa girl (with or without their "family" magic ability) to appear in Da Capo 3 :p.

There's a character, Mikoto, being designed with user-input in Dengeki G's, and though they haven't given a last name, she looks a lot like she might be a Shirakawa (or related). We'll see...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Dagger (Post 3850075)
Took at peek at the character page.
Since where was 1 in DC1, 2 in DC2, I expected 3 in DC3 (1 older, 1 twin, 1 younger!)...
The ??? should have red hair...

The ??? is the protagonist (Kiyotaka Yoshino). And in a way there are "sort of" three siblings, but none of them are actual siblings. Charles is a cousin ("like an older sister"), Himeno is a childhood friend (so they're "like siblings"), and Aoi is a single child who always wanted a brother so starts calling the protagonist Onii-chan. So it kind of is one older, one the same age, and one younger, just that in this case none of them are actually siblings at all.

blitz1/2 2011-11-09 19:04

I wonder if Charles is actually a child from an alternate future where Junichi/Yoshiyuki got with Aisia (from the similar look between the girls)

relentlessflame 2011-11-09 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz1/2 (Post 3850159)
I wonder if Charles is actually a child from an alternate future where Junichi/Yoshiyuki got with Aisia (from the similar look between the girls)

Actually, almost guaranteed to be on the right track here. You'll note in her character profile:

「ねえねえ、タカくん、知ってた? いとこ同士って結婚できるんだって! よ~し、がんばるぞ ~」

That last line, "yoossh, ganbaruzo~!" is Aisia's catchphrase.

(The full translation is basically "Hey hey, Taka-kun, did you hear? They say cousins can get married! All right... I'll give it my all!")

Barring "alternate future" explanations, I don't think she can be related either through Junichi or Yoshiyuki, but if Junichi and Sakura had a son and he married Aisia, this could be their daughter. That would also explain how she's cousins to the protagonist.

Balzac 2011-11-09 21:50

So how does this connect to the first Da Capo? Like is the protagonist another son of Sakura/Junichi or something? This is the first time I've heard of a true "sequel" in the works.

relentlessflame 2011-11-09 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balzac (Post 3850383)
So how does this connect to the first Da Capo? Like is the protagonist another son of Sakura/Junichi or something? This is the first time I've heard of a true "sequel" in the works.

I sort of alluded to it in the original post, but it's an "alternate reality" to D.C. II, where instead of Junichi having chosen Nemu (back in the original D.C. timeframe), Junichi instead chose Sakura. So as a result, a number of things have changed, including of course the main characters (Otome and Yume don't exist in this dimension since they're descendants of Nemu & Junichi, neither does Yoshiyuki for spoiler story reasons, but instead we have Kiyotaka and Charles Yoshino, presumed descendants of Sakura & Junichi). I don't know if the exact year will be the same as D.C. II or slightly different, but the overall timeframe should be the same (i.e. two generations or about 50 years after the original D.C.).

Edit: NOTE that this was written based on preliminary information before the game's release, and thus contains some speculation that was later proven incomplete/inaccurate.

Flying Dagger 2011-11-09 23:03

urg... I don't like Sakura that much... I felt like she is a spoiled brat that just wouldn't "grow up".
I want Oto-nee back :(

Balzac 2011-11-09 23:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3850412)
I sort of alluded to it in the original post, but it's an "alternate reality" to D.C. II, where instead of Junichi having chosen Nemu (back in the original D.C. timeframe), Junichi instead chose Sakura. So as a result, a number of things have changed, including of course the main characters (Otome and Yume don't exist in this dimension since they're descendants of Nemu & Junichi, neither does Yoshiyuki for spoiler story reasons, but instead we have Kiyotaka and Charles Yoshino, presumed descendants of Sakura & Junichi). I don't know if the exact year will be the same as D.C. II or slightly different, but the overall timeframe should be the same (i.e. two generations or about 50 years after the original D.C.).

Thank you, at least the timeline bit was cleared up, since if the protagonist was a direct son, then it would be a generation earlier than D.C. II. Have there been news of previous character cameos, i.e. Sakura in D.C.II?

Well, it'll be interesting to see Circus sprinkle many "bishoujos" throughout the game so that even if some of them won't be heroines the first round, there'll still be a Plus Communication for fans to look forward to.

relentlessflame 2011-11-09 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balzac (Post 3850512)
Have there been news of previous character cameos, i.e. Sakura in D.C.II?

A few posts up here I mentioned a few of the folk from D.C. II that'll reappear: Suginami (of course), Minatsu, Yuzu, and one other character I can't recognize yet. I don't think they've said yet about any D.C. era characters that will re-appear (like Junichi, Sakura, etc.)... we'll see.

Balzac 2011-11-10 00:20

Minatsu being there means her guardian, whose name now escapes me, should also be there, unless they changed it up in "this timeline".

And it makes sense; there has to be some sort of robot shenanigans for a Da Capo. As with Suginami, that damn sakura tree, powers that come with aforementioned tree and incest.

DragoonKain3 2011-11-10 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balzac (Post 3850607)
And it makes sense; there has to be some sort of robot shenanigans for a Da Capo. As with Suginami, that damn sakura tree, powers that come with aforementioned tree and incest.

So where's my 'fake' sister? Or are they turning this around and making Rikka the 'real' sister who's separated from birth? XD

Mahou 2011-11-10 09:48

A fun option on the homepage is that when you move the mouse over the characters image you will see a section on what the other character's think of that person :D.

For example, everyone's opinion about Kiyotaka:

Rikka: Frankly, He's the man whom destiny united me with from a past life. When I first saw him I thought "Ah, it's him!"
Charles: I will live from now on al~ways together with Taka-kun ~. Can't I?
Himeno: Recently, I think he's been surrounded by Rikka-san and Charles-san and too deredere around them. Not that it matters to me ...
Sara: You can basically rely on him, but he has also many unpleasant traits.
Aoi: My dream brother! Ah, but, but maybe I'm glad that he's not my real brother.

cyberdemon 2011-11-10 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3849896)
D.C. III ~Da Capo III~
Sequel to D.C. ~Da Capo~ and related to D.C. II ~Da Capo II~
Produced by: Circus
Type: 18+ Visual Novel
Genre: School romantic drama/adventure
Scheduled Release Date: 27 April 2012

Story Premise:
This is an alternate sequel to the original Da Capo based on Sakura's ending. When the sakura trees suddenly go in full bloom out of season, the journalism club at Kazami Gakuen discover a strange message from the distant past: "When the sakura trees bloom... at that promised place..." Led by the energetic school idol Rikka Morizono, the journalism club is compelled to investigate.

This is a thread to discuss expectations and other thoughts related to this game (as well as the actual contents once it's released).

from what i understand it it only speculation that it is based on Sakura's ending. there isn't any concrete proof.