AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Clannad (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Character discussion - Fuko (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=56856)

Skyfall 2007-10-26 15:59

Character discussion - Fuko

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Fuko related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Clannad fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

tabun 2007-10-26 16:15

Kawaii ^^ cute and funny, what's not to like about her? After ep.04, I am rather intrigued as concerns her background, the accident and whatnot. And why the fixation on stars? I wonder...

Cyz 2007-10-26 16:16

Well, Fuko is Fuko. What I like about her is she's always energetic and the fact that she always get lost in her thoughts....it's quite her charm. Oh and she seems to have a fascination with stars.

Echoes 2007-10-26 17:32

Her seiyu does an excellent job of bringing her to life, I think.

Fuko is very charming, has an abundance of cuteness, and after episode 4; an aura of mystery. Cyz mentioned that she gets lost in her thoughts, and I concur.

Tangowr 2007-10-26 18:06

Those aren't stars...> >

Kristen 2007-10-26 18:26

Her name, is it Fuko or Fuuko? I've seen both spellings...

boggart 2007-10-26 18:28

Noooo... I missed the grand opening of Fuko-sama's new thread!!

Anyways, her energy and kawaii-ness has what has drawn me in. The way she acts around Tomoya is hilarious, and with this new revelation in Episode 4... I wonder what new things will occur... I'm guessing some emo-ness will come from her next.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrissieXD (Post 1222157)

Technically it is Fuuko (風子)... but apparently the official romaji from merchandising and the opening sequence of the anime is Fuko.

Klashikari 2007-10-26 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrissieXD (Post 1222157)

Well, the thing is double letter is another way to put stress on it, instead of the ~
"in practice", it should be Fūko (thus the "fuuko" seen somewhere).

But since the romaji "system" isn't exactly universal, you see "simplier" version of such, so Fuko (other example : Sousuke/Sôsuke -> Sosuke, Ooishi/Ôishi -> Oishi, etc etc)
Both are valid, though most use "fuko" because it is like this in the opening :heh:

as a little trivia, IF i'm not mistaken, her first name is written with the kanji of "wind" ( かぜ - Kaze/ ふう - Fuu),
with a very literal translation, she can be called "child of the wind" or something of that sort ^^"

Hunter Sock Monsters 2007-10-26 18:54

Fuko seems energetic and full of life. I couldnt help but laugh when she patted down Tomoya. I do agree with Cyz and Echoes in that Fuko gets lost in her own thoughts very easily, but its another one of those quirks that makes her so cute and funny. as for the stars, who knows, and hopefully we will find out the reason for the fascination in upcoming episodes...

Mirrinus 2007-10-26 19:29

What I'm wondering about is why is the classroom that Fuuko's whittling stars in always empty? Is everyone just afraid of her or something? Or do they normally hold class there, and just ignore her?

Shizzon 2007-10-26 19:40

i love Fuko. i think its funny how she goes through the whole basketball thing in eps 2 and 3 before doing a high five for Tomoya. her character is so adorable.

EXEs 2007-10-26 20:43

Fuko is very much like Ayu from Kanon, no? Both are kawaii, energetic, basically moe filled characters. Can I plz has Fuko 4 mah imouto? Kthxbai.

Cyz 2007-10-26 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangowr (Post 1222141)
Those aren't stars...> >

They're not? Then what are they then?

Kang Seung Jae 2007-10-26 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyz (Post 1222355)

Starfishes :p

dgreater1 2007-10-26 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyz (Post 1222355)

If you're talking about the floating bubble stars, those are product of Fuu-chan's extremely wild imagination :heh:

But if you're talking about the star she's carving... I'll let your extremely wild imagination decide it :heh:

Geh... that's too much of a hint :heh:

Tangowr 2007-10-27 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirrinus (Post 1222239)
What I'm wondering about is why is the classroom that Fuuko's whittling stars in always empty? Is everyone just afraid of her or something? Or do they normally hold class there, and just ignore her?

That's the old school building, also the building where the theatre club was at, Fuuko use the classroom next door to carve her starfish(...)

iamandragon 2007-10-27 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae (Post 1222362)
Starfishes :p

Who could have guessed that...

Klashikari 2007-10-27 05:15

^ 1%? even less...? hard to tell...
To be quite honest, it is more looking like a Starman from Mario franchise than anything else :heh:

Cattleya 2007-10-27 07:20

I like her a lot. She is so cute and funny. And her hairstyle looks very nice.

iamandragon 2007-10-27 07:35

I'm just thinking, remember when she saw Sunohara she said he is strange because of his hair? What if she meets Tomoyo? No matter how you look at it, silver hair is very impossible...