AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing- (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=101581)

Shiroth 2011-02-01 16:29

Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing-

Source: ANN

Quote:

The exhibitor notes at the Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF) 2011 website revealed on Tuesday that the anime studio Gonzo is working on Last Exile ~Ginyoku no Fam~ (Last Exile -Fam, The Silver Wing-), "a new series of Last Exile [with] new story, [main] characters, and mechanical designs" for 2011.

Gonzo had worked with character designer Range Murata (Blue Submarine No. 6, Solty Rei, Shangri-La) on the original Last Exile anime series in 2003. The studio told ANN during last March's TAF that it was developing a potential Spring 2011 project that would take advantage of the new stereoscopic 3D televisions now entering the marketplace. Gonzo also showcased a stereoscopic 3D version of a Last Exile vehicle and four character design sheets for a new project in the works at the fair, although it did not specify at the time whether these materials were from the same Spring 2011 project.
A new Last Exile anime with new story, main characters and Rang Murata working on it? Sign me up.

Kunagisa 2011-02-01 18:07

I've always had a soft spot for GONZO since the original Last Exile. Makes me tear a little seeing 'em continuing this series as part of their renewal. Excellent, wonderful news.

Reckoner 2011-02-01 18:18

I love Last Exile, but I can't help but feel that they just might ruin a good thing. :(

Guardian Enzo 2011-02-01 18:45

Love Last Exile too, though I would be happier if they revisited Claus and Lavie - I thought there was a lot more life in that story.

Shiroth 2011-02-01 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo (Post 3467126)
Love Last Exile too, though I would be happier if they revisited Claus and Lavie - I thought there was a lot more life in that story.

I agree, though in the other hand there's plenty of material for a new story with a new cast, and personally i'd be much more for that. Especially regarding how long it's been since the original series.

Same_Shark 2011-02-01 21:44

I'm seriously about to cry with excitement! This could go either way, but even so, it's a world I wanna go back to!

Master_Yoma 2011-02-01 22:20

I hope you dont have to watch the first one to get into this

Decagon 2011-02-01 22:25

I thought Last Exile was stunning and very original compared to what its cohorts were at the time, but... for the life of me I couldn't understand what was going on with intercharacter relations.

wandering-dreamer 2011-02-01 22:43

ANN posted this article a little while back and, while it's not confirmed that these are characters for the new series, the character designs look awfully LE to me,

ZODDGUTS 2011-02-01 23:49

Here's hoping the story doesn't fall apart towards the end this time.

Kaioshin Sama 2011-02-02 00:45

No freaking way! Last Exile was probably the best show I saw come out of my universities anime club and to this day one of the most visually stunning that I've seen. Loved the setting, loved the atmosphere, loved the story and characters, it was all great. Gotta channel that here of course to make me feel the same way, but wow, did not see this coming. Anyone else remember that haunting opening Cloud Age Symphony?

Still haven't heard anything else quite like this song anywhere else. Favourite part of the intro is when all the soldiers are aiming their guns preparing to fire broadside.......man haven't seen a steampunk show in ages.....this is such good news. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS (Post 3467662)
Here's hoping the story doesn't fall apart towards the end this time.

Errr...which show are we talking about again? What story fell apart in what show?

Patchy 2011-02-02 01:55

One of Gonzo's gem, I'm really eager to wait for this show...

@reckoner - no!! don't say some bad omen >_< :heh:

Reckoner 2011-02-02 02:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchy (Post 3467816)
One of Gonzo's gem, I'm really eager to wait for this show...

@reckoner - no!! don't say some bad omen >_< :heh:

Haha, I'm sorry. I always expect the worst out of things. I'll try to be positive this time ;).

I'm sure Gonzo will try to deliver quality on this product since it is their revival anime I suppose?

Nemuru 2011-02-02 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 3467824)
Haha, I'm sorry. I always expect the worst out of things. I'll try to be positive this time ;).

I'm sure Gonzo will try to deliver quality on this product since it is their revival anime I suppose?

I looks more like an experimental with 3d than a revival itself project itself, however I feel it is a bit too soon.

j0x 2011-02-02 02:28

i havent watch Last Exile yet, but this 2011 Last Exile will have a new story so ill just watch this one

Reckoner 2011-02-02 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckmox (Post 3467847)
i havent watch Last Exile yet, but this 2011 Last Exile will have a new story so ill just watch this one

You should really check out the original if you have the time. It was IMO Gonzo's best work.

ZODDGUTS 2011-02-02 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 3467741)

Errr...which show are we talking about again? What story fell apart in what show?

While I found the story great for the most part, personally I found the final part to be not as executed as well.

Quote:

You should really check out the original if you have the time. It was IMO Gonzo's best work.
Close but that would be Gankutsuou and Kaleido Star. Yeah I know opinions opinions.

MeoTwister5 2011-02-02 04:23

Looks like it's time for that rewatch. It's still Chiwa Saito's best role IMO.

Used Can 2011-02-02 05:39

Hmm... I don't know. I loved Last Exile, but the story seemed properly concluded. So, I honestly don't see what they could do, unless they go for a prequel (and even then, we've got enough information to know what happened).

This is one of those situations in which I simply liked the show so much, and in which I believe the show was so well done and properly ended, that trying to do something else with it has high chances of ending up in disaster.

applejuice 2011-02-02 07:20

This and Gankutsuou is one of few animes by Gonzo that gets the most praises. Although, Last Exile's ending was badly executed, which is constant mistake Gonzo does all the time. At least this one's ending was a bit better than others Gonzo's works, though. (like NHK or Certain Urobuchi scripted animu)

Gonzo has already fallen once, but it was mostly due to their shit business management. (extremely poor DVD sales also contributed though.) The more important thing is, actual staffs involved with this.