AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fan Creations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kairin ~ AnimeSuki's Mascot ~ Fan Art, Wallpapers, Cosplay, etc. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=33516)

NightWish 2006-06-24 19:30

Kairin ~ AnimeSuki's Mascot ~ Fan Art, Wallpapers, Cosplay, etc.

People are still missing NoSanninWa's clarification note, so I'm going to make it a little bigger:
For newcomers who want to know who Kairin is, she is AnimeSuki's mascot.
She is an original character, not from an anime or manga. We had a big contest and the winner was Kiva128 who created her specifically for our site.

This thread is here because AnimeSuki needs more Kairin related material... perticularly fan creations... at least I think so. It might even help inspire a few people before the next banner contest... ;)

Anything Kairin related is welcome in this thread. Fan art, stories, manga, music, videos, costume patterns, cos-play photos (I'm still hoping ;))... you name it :D... just as long as it involves Kairin.

OK! So... sadly I don't have anything of my own to post... but, thankfully, Kiva128 has been kind enough to start the ball rolling ;) That is to say he just finished creating a fantastic wallpaper for us and I figured I would post it :D
Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.
Isn't she lovely? Once we've worked out how we're going to update the main site's layout (to include Kairin) I'm thinking we'll put the wallpapers (and anything else from here that is worthy) on a page on the main site with other Kairin related material. For now, however, this will be the Kairin "hub" :).

PS. Please don't post massive images directly! Use thumbnails, preferably with spaces between them so they don't distort the page layout ;)

Kiva128 2006-06-24 19:37

Yay! Hi Kairin-chan! *waves*

And thank you for posting this NightWish. I was getting worried you might have missed my message. :heh:

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy this wallpaper. I tried my best and am looking forward to doing another one in the near future. But for now I shall take a small break to relax.

Please post any comments about the wallpaper. I would like to improve so that future wallpapers are even better. And to those using widescreen resolutions I'm sorry I didn't make on for those. I started drawing it in 4:3 ratio and by the time I realized it, it was already too late so next time there will be some widescreen wallpapers as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collection of images from throughout the thread:

Kiva128's Drawings:
Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.

Drawings from other various artists:

Slayerx:
kira_lacusXX:
Wao:
nova zeal:
-KarumA-:
bdragonomega:
The Yellow Dwarf:
Sessha:
Konzept:
Alice Elliot:
Hesse:
toxic_trance:
Jodie:
pugg:
geki~:

Graphic design work from various artists:

Kira_Naruto:
Diaphanus:
steelbound:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=237
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=273
(Had to use a link to the post since I couldn't save the animated sigs myself. Sorry!)

geki~:

And I believe that should do it. If I missed a picture, let me know and I'll put it in.
Hope that makes it easier to see the pictures instead of going page-by-page through the thread.

Bonta Kun:
(Looks like mine at the top but it's animated)

raphaël 2006-06-25 00:29

*claps hands.

I appreciate the many sizes (and the cherry tree ^^). I'm sure everyone will be happy with those! :D

yamikage 2006-06-25 01:38

Wow, nice. I'd sure one with her standing under the cherry tree.

Awesome work, Kiva128. It took quite a long time until the mascot finally got what she deserves, huh?

Daniel E. 2006-06-25 02:23

Very nice indeed. :)

Can't wait to see a chibi version in the future. :D

Kiva128 2006-06-25 08:43

Wow thanks for the kind words everyone! I'm glad you guys liked it!

As an added bonus, here's a few chibi pics i did for random uses around the site. I'm going to have to some more poses next since she can't be facing forward in every picture. :)

Chibi:

This one isn't new, but I liked how it looks. Backgroundless Kairin pic from the wallpaper.

Kairin:

I'm looking forward to seeing/reading/hearing anything about Kairin so don't be shy if you have something to post. Remember, this mascot belongs to everyone at Animesuki!

EDIT: Thanks Nightwish. Couldn't figure that out.
EDIT2: Oops, turns out I forgot to resize the last chibi pic so it wasn't 1300x1900. >.>... Fixed now.

katakami 2006-06-25 09:34

Kiva: Nice work on the colouring!! I dig the background. Pretty colours! And the hair. =D

Ahhh.... too lazy to do her costume like that. X_X (Although it's not too late... I probably would be able to... but... too much detail! T_T)

To everyone else: I'm working on a fan art as well... It's got Kairin, Tamaki (Host Club), Tenma (School Rumble) and Suzumiya Haruhi. la di da... ~ up to inking. Might be a while before I'm done though. =)

katakami 2006-06-26 09:29

Kairin sketches

In the mean time... here's three sketches of Kairin I did today.

They're REALLY REALLY rough... haha ^^;; *emphasise* the best one is the first one cuz I kinda rushed the other two. >.> anyway... lots of bits to edit during inking stage. I plan to ink these and colour them some time later this year... (but I'll get that other one I mentioned above done ... err... in a month or so. ^^;; )

But yeah.. if anyone wants to ink and/or colour these please go ahead. =D Could you just PM to let me know? If you need a higher resolution... I plan to stay away from this forum for the next few weeks (I have an assignment to do. T_T) so you'll have to email me. Or you might not get it soon. =) [The link to email me goes to my feedback page on my site... but yeah, you can contact me that way. =D ]

http://www.altheaaseoche.com/simi/ro...irin_CLAMP.jpg
Done in CLAMP style

http://www.altheaaseoche.com/simi/ro...evangelion.jpg
Shes.... wearing Evangelion uniform... well, supposed to be. ;)

http://www.altheaaseoche.com/simi/ro...airin_nana.jpg
Err... I guess this is influenced by Ai Yazawa's style but... ~.~ yeah... doesn't look like it I think. ^^;;

Kiva128 2006-06-26 10:23

Wow cool! Never had fanart of my characters before. And they're so beautifully done.
I think they're going to turn out really great when they're inked + coloured. But despite saying the first one is the best, I think the 3rd is my favourite. I just like how it looks. The hair and the face - very nice.

The Rei cosplay one gave me a good chuckle. Wasn't expecting that one :heh:

The first one looks fantastic too. I like the motion of it, however the hair seems a bit random as to which way it's going. Other than that though I like it.

Thanks for posting them btw. And good luck on your assignment!

yamikage 2006-06-26 10:34

I haven't seen Kairin on the banner, yet. Is she on the rotation already? If not, when will she be there?

@katakami: Awesome work! It's quite detailed and clean. I like the CLAMP style one the most. I'd very much like to see it colored. The third one looks quite different, though. It seems a bit rough. In any case, I'm amazed with the proportions, with how the hair flows and how you've drawn the fingers quite delicately. (my greatest enemies in my own drawings :frustrated: )

I hope you read this before you do your assignment.

NightWish 2006-06-26 11:33

WOW. Thankyou for those katakami... Fantastic! (ooo your site has lots of other lovely things on it to...:love:~) Um I think I agree with Kiva -- I like the third best... you say rushed but I think it is perfect at being what it is... a sketch.
Quote:

Originally Posted by yamikage
I haven't seen Kairin on the banner, yet...

No she isn't up there... yet. We'll just have to wait and see what comes of the next banner contest... ;)

xris 2006-06-26 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiva128
As an added bonus, here's a few chibi pics i did for random uses around the site. I'm going to have to some more poses next since she can't be facing forward in every picture. :)

Chibi:

Those chibis are great. I can see using them instrad of the smilies.

As in
**Removed** Kairin says "Please read the forum rules!"

raphaël 2006-06-26 12:18

more chibichibichibi

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris

As in
**Removed** Kairin says "Please read the forum rules!"

Right, this angry Kairin is the cutest one, in my opinion. :heh:
Could we have one very cheery, you know, with arms up, like "joyful"?

Daniel E. 2006-06-26 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by xris
Those chibis are great. I can see using them instrad of the smilies

That would be awesome to see around here. :D

Green² 2006-06-27 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiva128

I like them.

Spoiler:

GHDpro 2006-06-27 03:30

I'm louzy at creating my own art, but... finally new avatar :)

Kiva128 2006-06-27 07:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by GHDpro
I'm louzy at creating my own art, but... finally new avatar :)

Ah! Oh my! I wanted an animated avatar like that and you beat me to the punch! It looks awesome though! 15/10 points!

katakami 2006-06-27 09:58

Haha waw! that avatar's awesome!

Thanks for the comments everyone! =D

haha yeah mebe I did overdo it with the CLAMP style hair... but that's the thing I noticed with CLAMP... sometimes the hair just sort of... floats. >< I think.. that's probably the impression I was going for. ^^;; anyhows.. I can see me cursing while I colour that first one. Y_Y it looks so hard.

I'm glad some of you like the last one too. ^^;; I think I'll probably redraw it cuz there's a few things I definitely need to fix (like the arm and the scarf... blah.. it's really bothering me. ><) Anyways... WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE??

*runs off*

Slayerx 2006-06-28 05:11

Well my tablet only recently got back from a LONG repair trip (no big damage, just taking advantage of the warrenty before it expires in 2 months)
My mind is a blank so this will be great wya to flex my pen

Just started with some really rough sketches for ideas...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sketchcopy.jpg
The fifth one has wings just because i love wings ^^

Honestly not sure which to pursue or if i should just keep the ideas coming...
Perhaps i'll continue with these tomarrow after some sleep

BTW, would really like to see a nice full head to toe pic of kairin

Quote:

ok, we definatly need to get those chibi's as smiles... over at another forum wee like to use the poring, wolf pup, and rabbit gifs from ragnarok as smiles =P

yamikage 2006-06-28 05:58

@Katakami: For some reason, I liked the CLAMP's "floating hair effect." It gives a feeling of dreaminess, or something. I can't really describe it in words.
And I agree with you: coloring is such a b^_^h. Even if I'm just shading my sketches (which are usually mecha), sometimes I don't get the effect I was hoping for. Especially when I try coloring it, I end up with a crumpled paper and a wasted sketch.
Hey, waitaminute...!
*gives chase*
*returns*
@Slayerx: So you like wings, huh? Great. I love 'em, so the last one was really eye-catching. I also like how the shade of the pencil is bolder on some parts, especially in contrast to the wings. Damn, I just can't get enough of wings.

For rough sketches, you guys sure make awesome ones.(your sketches>my finished drawings:heh:) I guess some people just have their way with pencils. Great work, I expect to see some of the final products soon. Kairin's gonna look awesome in more ways than one.