AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What existing stories would you like see as an anime? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=46780)

BANANABANANA 2007-04-30 22:48

What existing stories would you like see as an anime?

I say "stories" meaning they can be anything from a book, movie, manga, etc. (i'm pretty sure there isnt a topic like this already....if there is....i'm sorry!:upset: )

i think The House of Flying Daggers (movie) would make an awesome series, (it would have to be, if they want to be up to the movie's standard :heh: ).

oh, and i'd love to see Like the Clouds, Like the Wind expanded into a series, even though it's already an anime movie. that's all from me for now...what do you guys think?

Jeiku 2007-04-30 23:48

The Kaze no Klonoa series by far deserves an animated treatment. It has so many cute characters and an innocent storyline, yet feels so underdeveloped (seeing Klonoa and Guntz start out as intense rivals to a brotherly relationship would be too adorable), but I'd rather not see it turn out like PaRappa Rappa in which it shares no similarities to its original source material besides the characters.

SeijiSensei 2007-05-01 00:13

My daughter has wondered why Mars hasn't been made into an anime.

Darkman.exe213 2007-05-01 00:33

V for Vendetta has enough material for a 26-episode series. All they need to do is work out a proper ending.

The book Ender's Game could probably be adapted into an anime, if the characters are made a bit older.(6 year-olds killings stuff seems a little too weird, even for anime)

There was also a Chinese live-action movie that looked kinda like Final Fantasy VII.(sorry, can't remember the name) It just looked too awesome to NOT be adapted into an anime. :heh:

And of course, Shaolin Soccer is a hilarious movie that deserves an anime adaption.(though I'm not sure if it can transfer well into an anime format...) I'd like to see animated versions of the characters pulling off Jutsus. :D

Nightengale 2007-05-01 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeijiSensei (Post 927430)
My daughter has wondered why Mars hasn't been made into an anime.

Because there's live-action. :P

Unless of course, you're talking about the "novels". Though don't think anime on terra-forming will be that interesting.

I used to be less hopeful, but I am hoping that we'd get to see more books translated into animation, like Deltora Quest and Seirei no Moribito, especially stuff that'd really lose out a lot if it went to the movies instead. It will be hard, but I'm kinda hoping stuff like A Song of Ice and Fire can be animated with respect to the original source material.

Melodymix 2007-05-01 01:27

She's the Man. It'll be funny, although Hana Kimi is quite similar

I 2nd V for Vendetta

Vexx 2007-05-01 01:28

There's a couple of classic A.C. Clarke stories:
Rendevous with Rama
Childhood's End
that I always thought could be done well as an anime.

Some of Heinlein's science fiction stories would work well also (he was a bit better at human drama than Clarke :) ).

Quarkboy 2007-05-01 01:32

Seinfeld.

No?

FatPianoBoy 2007-05-01 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quarkboy (Post 927510)
Seinfeld.

No?

Yes?

I'd be interested in seeing what kind of revamping Hamlet would get after hearing about what happened to another Shakespeare work.
Also: +1 for Ender's Game; Firefly (though I'd forfeit body parts to see this properly continued in any form); Don Quixote; Various works of Edgar Alan Poe (especially Ligeia, The Cask of Amontillado, and Masque of the Red ); and Sesame Street.

Alexandrite 2007-05-01 01:57

The Dragonlance books revolving around Raistlin could be pretty good. I know there's that animated film coming out in the future, but I'm not sure how much faith I should put in that.

I haven't heard anything about it, so I assume The Cain Saga and Godchild haven't been converted to anime yet. Would be nice, as would a real Angel Sanctuary series instead of that preview OVA.

Maybe the novel Neuromancer too...

And I concur with Ender's Game. With enough funding, the entire bloody Ender series. If there's cash left over, go ahead and give Bean's story a shot. :P

Zu Ra 2007-05-01 02:27

I would say LOR Triology 9+ hours can never do justice to that story though Peter.J has done an excellent job . We did get to see a paradofic glimpse of that in Yakitake Ja Pan was seen . I would love to see LOR made into a full length Anime series : D

Sheba 2007-05-01 03:34

Frank Herbert's "Dune" is the first to come in mind. It is so rich and so complex that it can offer enough material for a long running series. Ecology, shakespeare-like tragedies, politic, Dune offers a lot of this. (I just want to hear someone like Wakamoto Norio or Jurota Kosugi as Stilgar)

There are a lot of Michael Moorcock's works like the Elric saga and Dorian Hawkmoon I would like to see in animated form.

As for Japanese manga and light novels, "The Weathering Continent", Hiroki Endo's "Eden" manga, Jun Shindo's "Red Eyes" and Yukito Kishiro's "Gunnm" and "Gunnm: Last Order" are those I'd like to see as animated series.

jedinat 2007-05-01 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 927632)
Frank Herbert's "Dune" is the first to come in mind. It is so rich and so complex that it can offer enough material for a long running series. Ecology, shakespeare-like tragedies, politic, Dune offers a lot of this. (I just want to hear someone like Wakamoto Norio or Jurota Kosugi as Stilgar)

That would be nice. I'm reading it again right now, and it really would make a good anime. Lots of content to work with, as you say.

I'd like to see Iono the Fanatics turned anime... a silly yuri harem show would be fun.
I could just name all my favorite manga, but that would be kind of pointless.

Skyfall 2007-05-01 04:35

Eoin Colfer's "Artemis Fowl" series is something i would gladly see animated. (There is a Movie planned though, but seems like it will cover only two of the books, and will feature an original ending.. )

It is one of my favorite book series, and the theme is something i immensely enjoy. This cross-race information warfare (sort of) and a battle of wits is something which is pretty much my cup of tea. Seeing Artemis in action would be a sight to behold :) I think he reminds me of Light (Death Note) in a way... only smarter.

Other than that... Planetarian ~The Reverie of a Little Planet~ ,a visual novel by Key, is also something i would die to see animated. Though i think it would be a movie in the case... i am not sure whether it can manage a full season without feeling dragged out (After all, the cast is only 2 people). But i know for sure i would be drooling all over the Keyboard, regardless of it being a Movie/OVA/anything.

Forever_young 2007-05-01 04:37

It may sound odd but Phantom Of The Opera

Might be something similar to Romeo x Juliet

cyth 2007-05-01 04:41

ef by minori would be my choice, just because the game had Nanao Naru do the designs, and Shinkai Makoto did the movie direction.

Alexandrite 2007-05-01 05:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forever_young (Post 927704)
It may sound odd but Phantom Of The Opera

Might be something similar to Romeo x Juliet

Ooo... I hadn't thought of that. Yeah, that probably would be quite interesting in anime form. I think Erik would fit in quite well. Heck, I already found a picture someone drew in that style. ^^

Jazzrat 2007-05-01 06:14

I like to see Dune get animated.

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series is a good one for adaptation as well. The novel itself is extremely long but the story concept itself is good enough.

Square's Front Mission game is another one i love to see get made into an anime. It's realistic mecha war drama without the usual anime trappings like special power or alien technology. Plus I love the mech design that's more akin to BattleTech's mechwarriors.

SeijiSensei 2007-05-01 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightengale (Post 927458)
Because there's live-action. :P

Unless of course, you're talking about the "novels". Though don't think anime on terra-forming will be that interesting.

You do know I'm talking about the manga named Mars, right?

Nightengale 2007-05-01 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeijiSensei (Post 927857)
You do know I'm talking about the manga named Mars, right?

Yes, and there's a live-action version of that.