AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Music discussion (OP/ED & OST, etc.) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93007)

Pellissier 2010-04-14 09:36

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Angel Beats! here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

germanturkey 2010-04-14 12:55

I still don't like the op that much, but the BGM that played in most of the PVs is by far the best song in the show so far.

Scython 2010-04-14 15:42

The animation to the OP is great, and the insert song... well, I've never been a fan of J-pop, so I'll leave that opinion to the rest of you guys.
ED gives off a nice cool down which will work quite well especially for those dramatic cliffhanger/endings.

DarkWish 2010-04-14 18:22

I dont know why i like it , infact i love the OP... i wish i had any reason , its just greate.

descent87 2010-04-14 19:27

Angel Beats excites me because it is a show that has the potential to play out in so many ways and I love discussing and theorizing on it. Yes I know "OP isn't canon lolz" but seeing Tenshi on the piano, the emotion she plays with to the backdrop of a great song just makes me feel like there is even more meaning embedded in what is happening than is even first apparent.

Granted, that might not actually be the case but if the OP makes you feel that way or serves your Tenshi fanboy needs like it does mine well it has succeeded.

Emerald Emblem 2010-04-14 19:30

I pre-ordered the OP Album, the limited CD+DVD edition. It's a lovely song and Tenshi is a beautiful character.

Archon_Wing 2010-04-15 03:53

I didn't like the ED song, but it's grown on me slightly.

Free 2010-04-15 19:26

A bit of trivia: Lia and Aoi are the main members of the group/band/vocalist brand Veil.

A bit of whining: I'm getting tired of all the fake full ops floating on the interweb... Har har har...

Ultra Violet 2010-04-15 20:29

OP was great... the song's nice to hear because of the soft rhythm of the piano.... and the animation's good too.
The ED was okay.... but it's those kinds of songs that when you hear it more, you slowly and slowly like it.

germanturkey 2010-04-17 15:28

i need Alchemy. now.

wormspeaker 2010-04-17 20:05

I love the OP. But then I tend to love anything Lia sings that isn't in English. (I generally hate JPop that has more than a few lines in English. Not being native speakers the writing tends to be a little trivial and the inflection of the singers are just off enough to take me out of the song.) "My Soul, Your Beats" is going in my top 3 favorite Lia songs along with "Doll" and "Toki wo Kizamu Uta."

BTW: Anyone have a good translation of "Toki wo Kizamu Uta?" The best I can come up with is "Occasion to Cut, Song."

Khu 2010-04-17 21:57

A Song to Pass The Time.

:)

wormspeaker 2010-04-17 22:09

Excellent! I never would have figured it out myself, but now that I see your translation the title makes perfect sense. Thanks!

KeVan 2010-04-18 03:32

i need music scores for opening
and aside from that, the op is amazing

Kotohono 2010-04-18 09:17

I love the OP, and background music so far, though Key seems to be strong in that area for sure. ED is alright, and the insert songs been surprising good I might have to get those too.

chingensai 2010-04-18 12:10

Does anybody know what the PV song is called?

Kotohono 2010-04-18 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by chingensai (Post 3009521)
Does anybody know what the PV song is called?

Assuming you saw same one I am thinking of; then it's called "Angelic Break Beats" being; here is full version of it so you can listen and check if so

Also really love that song hope the rest of the background music can be that awesome :D.

DarkWish 2010-04-18 16:29

Dose any1 else beleve , that the ending is a sort of... sad? :( (to make my reply more sad i used a sad emo :heh: )

Free 2010-04-18 20:38

Fake last episode ending: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10422421

Kudryavka 2010-04-18 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWish (Post 3009877)
Dose any1 else beleve , that the ending is a sort of... sad? :( (to make my reply more sad i used a sad emo :heh: )

The ending is nostalgic, kinda like those Goodbye songs at the end of most educational kid's shows. Not that this is a bad thing, since we have that nice jazzy "In the Next Episode..." music to cheer us up.

I can't wait for the OST.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Free (Post 3010124)

LOL?! And Then There Were Two? And Then They Died Too?
^was funny.